Childers Middle School

Public | 6-8

Posted August 21, 2013

I went to Childers last year, and I absolutely fell in love with it the three years I attended there. The teachers are so great, they get lessons across so well and make everything easy to understand. The students are all mostly friendly, there's really not much bullying that goes on, of course every school has a set of mean students, but there aren't many! I got close with almost all of my teachers, especially in eighth grade when I was having friend trouble, the teachers and counselor were there to help and the problem was resolved, thank goodness. Did I mention the overall state test scores are one of the highest in the Broken Arrow district? All in all, this school is the best school I've ever been to. I was so upset the last day of school when I left, because of all the friends I made and all of the wonderful staff.

Posted August 13, 2008

I loved Ernest Childers Middle School! It is the school of my dreams when i was a middle schooler! It has great quality, no messing around, and the teachers and students are very excellent! I saw great amount of discipline and safety! Unfortunatley i only got to meet a few of the teachers there, but the four i met were excellent! I hope you enjoy this wonderful and lovely school!

Posted May 21, 2008

I found Childers to be less than favorable. I felt their idea of leave no child behind was to pass them regardless what they did or did not learn. The counselor never returned our phone calls and the teachers discussed private financial information with my child. Clearly we had a bad year with our young one and any school can be tough when you have a bad year. But comming from the Union school district the difference was obvious. Would not recommend this school if you have the choice of Union or Jenks. P. S I did however feel it was a safe enviroment.

Posted February 8, 2008

I am a student at Childers Middle School. Its not the best school I have been to. it is a great school though . the art program is good. The choir program is pretty good. We just got a new drama teacher so she is just adjusting into the school. Our teacher are very nice and very smart. I love the shcool and i recommend it!

Posted February 22, 2006

Childers is the best school i have ever been to. i know this is probaly for parents to fill out but I just want you guys to know that I love Childers I dont want anything to change. It is a great school it teaches me and my friends everything that we will ever need to know! Plus I feel safe while i am at school because I know that my teachers will not let anything happen to us Students! I just want to say thank you for everything you do for me and all the other students! I know that we all enjoy Childers!

Posted February 22, 2006

I am a sixth grader at Childers! Childers is awesome! Because there are alot of activites for all grades and there are tons of clubs you can join! I feel safe when i see both Mrs.Burns and Mr. Kenser in the hallways! The Teachers go over the top in teaching! They all are great! I Love Childers and I would hate it if anybody changed anything about... I just want to say thank you for all the work you teachers and parents put into the dances and other special things! Thank you! - Courtney

Posted November 9, 2005

I am in the 8th grade at Childers and i enjoy this school very much. The Sports are mostly set toward 8th graders so that was dissapointing, but nevertheless this is a exelent school with exelent staff.

Posted February 5, 2005

I think this school has done very well in bringing in new extracurricular activities that include being open to the sixth graders. The school's newly formed Spirit Squad and the newpaper among others are offered to all grades. The parents who help out are outstanding. The school wouldn't be able to put on dances and sell tickets and others goodies to the students if there were no parent volunteers. The grade statistics were for 8th graders in 2003 and I assume that by the level of teaching my teachers were they will have proved to increase the knowledge by the time of the OCCT. As for the sports programs which are limited to eighth grade only; the city offers a football and basketball program first grade through seventh. My new school performs the safety procedures once in a while and are not very organized, but Childers was well organized in theirs.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted December 29, 2004

I'm not a parent either but I have a diffrent opinion. The some teachers go above the call of duty but others not so much. I've been at the school for 1 year and I've only seen the principal in the hall a hand full of times. And they only offer extracurricular activities for the seventh and eighth graders. But the school food is great.

Posted November 29, 2004

I am not a parent I am actually a student at Childers. Personally I love this school, the students are mostly well behaved, all the teachers and staff are very respectabe and fair.

Math

The state average for Math was 78% in 2013.

134 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

135 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % satisfactory or better

In 2012-2013 Oklahoma used the Oklahoma Core Curriculum Tests (OCCT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, and grades 5 and 8 in science and writing. The OCCT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Oklahoma. The goal is for all students to score at or above the satisfactory level on the test.

Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

153 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 78% in 2013.

151 students were tested at this school in 2013.

World Geography

The state average for World Geography was 89% in 2012.

158 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 84% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 60% in 2013.

U.S. History and Government

The state average for U.S. History and Government was 77% in 2012.

148 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 65% in 2013.

157 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Native American 7% 16%
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 2%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 42%N/A61%
Special education 15%N/A15%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

301 East Tucson