Canadian High School

Public | 9-12

Posted April 22, 2014

I had three kids in the school .i love the school but they do need to make the kids do p.e.

Posted February 23, 2014

I hated this place. The math teacher is very rude. Pregnant teens run all over the place, the food was terrible and if you didn't get to the cafeteria on time then you didn't get to eat. The special ed teacher is dumber than the kids she teaches! They'll hire anyone as sub teacher and I mean anyone....

Posted April 2, 2013

i think this school is very unprofessional they might want to start testing our teachers for drugs and alcohol instead of our students you might would be surprised of the results. and some one might want to look in to where all of our school funding is going because it is not going for the school or the students it looks like to me some of the faculty all of a sudden became high rollers

Posted April 16, 2012

At Canadian its more like a family, not a school. Pregnancy rates are high every where, just saying, and honestly Canadians isn't bad compared to most. I have gone to 13 different schools, and I am a Junior, and I have lived in three different states. And some people play sports, and others don't. The school now has football also. So whoever says anything bad about it, it's probably not the school honey, it's you or your child.
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 25, 2011

I work at Canadian. I also have a daughter in jr. high and a son in high school here. I am proud of our school. I use to homeschool my children and thought that that was the only way to teach my children in a God fearing way. I am here to tell you not only does our school have a top rating in test scores, it has a top rating in my book for good teachers and staff. I believe we have the freedom to get a good eduction in a well rounded school. I personally recommend that you send your children to this school. It is 5 our of 5 stars for me.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 15, 2011

im not pleased with the school at all the special ed teacher do not teach your child anything they just push them thru its sad that if your live in that distrct you have no choice but to send your child to that school no fair to our children they learn nothing

Posted January 10, 2011

Canadian is a wonderful school. Academics are not lacking.they provide a positive environment for kids to flourish.the grace of the good lord abounds at Canadian.I thank God often that my son attended Canadian high school..I highly recommend this school to all.

Posted September 6, 2009

I don't understand how this school still remains open to this date. The kids are not learning 1/2 of what I did when I attended school and the Pregnancy Rate is Outrageous!!

Posted June 26, 2009

I have taught at Canadian School for over 8 years as well as have a child that has attended Canadian for all of her school years. I love it here. The teachers and staff are dedicated and supportive. Every year there are improvements, not only in test scores, but also in the physical structures and activities. With all the 'resession' talk, many schools have made major budget cuts, but our administration knows how to manage funds and quite frankly, our school is setting pretty. There's no recession here! As far as teaching at Canadian, I could not as for a better job. Not only are the administrators good with funds, but they are supportive and helpful. My co-workers are all very cooperative and hard working. The students continue to try hard and improve on the state test every year. The overall attitude has improved drastically in the last 8 years.

Posted January 16, 2009

My children have attended CPS for 5 years and they continue to excel every year. They offer many programs not just basketball and baseball. They have golf, softball, and are adding football to the Fall 2009 schedule. The test scores are higher or closely the same as the local nearby schools. The small class size and the one -on-one attention is one of the reasons my children will remain at Canadian. We are so blessed to have a safe, well-rounded enviroment for are children to learn in.

Posted April 12, 2008

Excellent administration. Small class sizes allow for individualized attention. Growing number of extracurricular activities. Vo-tech classes offered. Fantastic students!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted November 29, 2006

I have three students whom I have schooled through Canadian. I am not impressed with their academics and the only sports they have are basketball and baseball and if you dont do either of those you have to sit in a class and do homework instead of state mandated PE. Buses are over crowded. The only hope this school has is their SuperIntendant Mr Karch.

Posted September 5, 2005

this school is great for personal attention in learning, sports, offers vo-tech courses, FFA.

Grade level

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 87% in 2013.

16 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 81% in 2013.

15 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 58% in 2013.

17 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II

The state average for English II was 91% in 2013.

16 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English III

The state average for English III was 96% in 2013.

25 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 89% in 2013.

26 students were tested at this school in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 81% in 2013.

24 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % satisfactory or better

In 2012-2013 Oklahoma used the Oklahoma Core Curriculum Tests End-of-Instruction (OCCT EOI) exams to test students in high school in several subjects. The OCCT EOI is a high school graduation requirement. The OCCT EOI exams are standards-based tests, which means they measure specific skills defined for each subject by the state of Oklahoma. The goal is for all students to score at or above the satisfactory level on the test.

Source: Oklahoma State Department of Education

Native American 43% 16%
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 2%
Source: State of Oklahoma Office of Educational Quality and Accountability, 2012-2013

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 179%N/A61%
Special education 224%N/A15%
Source: 1 NCES, 2011-2012
Source: 2 State of Oklahoma Office of Educational Quality and Accountability, 2012-2013

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

1 Belt Dr