Catoosa High School

Public | 9-12 | 609 students

Sweep tile

Posted March 17, 2011

I am staying neutral right now but am upset about how many kids I have found out that have failed grades. Almost 30% of kids that I have met failed ATLEAST 1 grade. My daughter failed 2nd grade and that was after her struggling all year. The minute I noticed her falling behind I asked for help for her. They said "too bad she doesn't have funding because she is not the lowest in her class"!!! I agree with a earlier post that the teachers have a job and that's it. Catoosa needs to get more caring and compassionate teachers that treat it as a career of excelling kiddo's versus their 9-5. Just my thoughts..... My daughter is afraid to raise her hand in class because her teacher gets mad.

Posted August 14, 2008

I moved my son to Catoosa from Broken Arrow where he was 'just another number'. The principal, Mr. Cypert, is wonderful! My son has made a tremendous change in everything since being at Catoosa and actually likes school now! He is so much happier now it is so nice to see him this way! THanks Mr. Cypert!!! I would recomend this school to anyone who's children seem to be having problems in the bigger school system. This is more of a 'family' setting type school, and sure, it's not perfect, but we have been extremely pleased!!!

Posted August 13, 2008

I really have mixed emotions. My daughter did excellent there, but I did find some of the teachers were just there for a job. Then on the other hand I found some that went the extra mile. I guess really that is all public schools.

Posted June 30, 2008

This is a great school. I am only a Sophomore there right now, but I have learned alot of the social world. I know that doesn't mean anything, but I've had some teachers that are amazing, they teach the stuff you need to know and everything along the lines. It's a great school and I hate when people trash on it, it's just not the right thing to do. When you went to a school, you want people to be able to talk about it don't you you? That's just how I feel about this whole thing

Posted April 24, 2008

Catoosa is going down hill. I have graduated from there and when i went off to college, I found out that I wasn't ready for it. Most of my teachers discussed things that I didn't know. They said it should of have been taught at High School. Most of the teachers I had at Catoosa didn't know their subjects. Some classes we just watched movies. When I start my family, I will not send my kids there.

Posted February 14, 2008

My so graduated from this school and come to find out he was not ready for college at all. Tis school is so behind and ill prepared. I do not reccomend any Catoosa school.

Posted November 12, 2007

Lack of teacher discipline. The school has had a faultering school spirit, in the past 2 years especially, and now finds itself with poor student body performance. Not a good place for an education.

Posted April 25, 2007

Catoosa is the BEST thing that happened me.My family and I move here 16 or 17 years a go a year or two after the baby of the family, that me,was born I am now 17 and I loves my teachers they are so understanding.U need to give the teacher a break. They only have 45 minute to get all that they need to get done done.They have six 45 minute classes with 30 students at most,and at least 20 in each class and they work with all the students.They are there for 7:30- 3:00 even later for the students that need help.some even some a 6:30 some at 7:00.also how many school my the kids fell safe we have cameras all over the the only place there are no cameras are the bathroom and locker room. we have 3 full time police officers to help the students any time.

Posted December 28, 2006

I have been extremely disappointed in the Catoosa School District. My son transferred here from Tulsa Public Schools primarily due to academic and other issues. I thought the move to a smaller school would provide me more of an opportunity to monitor his work and grades. The exact opposite happened. I spent months trying to get teachers to return emails or communicate with me regarding my son's progress. It didn't happen. In Catoosa, they offer a website called K12Planet. However, Catoosa teachers only list grades there and not assignments. Now I can only react rather than being proactive.

Posted September 29, 2006

The teachers and councelors at this school do not have the best interest of the students at heart. Try getting information on grades and/or get a logical explaination to 'anything'. It just doesn't happen. I moved to Catoosa thinking the smaller schools would be a benefit to my son, was I ever wrong. How can they expect our children to exceed if the teachers aren't willing to do their part. Maybe the administration should concider hiring teachers that really want to work with kids and parents to help them acheive what they are capable of.

Posted August 15, 2006

This school is literally falling apart. The student programs other than athletics are on life support. The place is a dump. This directly effects our students which is why we chose to withdrawl our students and place them in another district. Academics also suffer as they refuse to push the student body to higher achievement. I hope the school improves soon so we can all be proud of it.

Posted September 27, 2005

Catoosa Public schools have shown to have great students who really focus on making the grade. I am speaking from what I have seen from being a family member to a Catoosa High Student. I also attended Catoosa Schools.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted July 30, 2005

The Catoosa Public Schools System is great. It is medium sized (not too small, not too large). Both of my daughters started at Catoosa in middle school, and the thing that has surprised me the most is that most of the peer pressure they have recieved is positive: the 'in-crowd' is largely Christian, and very involved in school and extra-curricular activities. Involvement in sports, choir, band, art, student council, advanced placement classes, etc. is highly encouraged by the students themselves. Parental involvement is high. Student safety is high on the school's list. The Middle School and High School share a campus, which has its own federally-funded police department which currently has 2 full-time officers. The fact that these officers are part of the school campus gives the students not only the opportunity to get to know the officers who protect them, but gives them a higher sense of security.

Posted January 28, 2005

I thank this school rocks! I have been to this school since the 1st grade.

Posted August 16, 2004

Good for students who are popular and athletic, and well academically (no less than 20 students in each class, which can make it a tad hard for those who need more help than others and those who are used to great all-the-time help and small classes).

Grade level

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 84% in 2012.

118 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 77% in 2012.

124 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 79% in 2012.

120 students were tested at this school in 2012.

English II

The state average for English II was 88% in 2012.

123 students were tested at this school in 2012.

English III

The state average for English III was 92% in 2012.

106 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 87% in 2012.

112 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2009.

162 students were tested at this school in 2009.

2009

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2009.

145 students were tested at this school in 2009.

2009

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 77% in 2012.

113 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Scale: % satisfactory or better

In 2011-2012 Oklahoma used the Oklahoma Core Curriculum Tests End-of-Instruction (OCCT EOI) exams to test students in high school in several subjects. The OCCT EOI is a high school graduation requirement. The OCCT EOI exams are standards-based tests, which means they measure specific skills defined for each subject by the state of Oklahoma. The goal is for all students to score at or above the satisfactory level on the test.

Source: Oklahoma State Department of Education

Asian 1% 2%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 42%N/A61%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

2000 South Cherokee St