Chelsea High School 3

Posted June 27, 2013
As a former athlete, who attended CHS. I have to say....the people who don't back the sports program know nothing about their kids. I was a troublemaker, and cared nothing about school, sports, family or anything for that matter. The football program (even when we were crappy) was the most beneficial program that I could have ever found. Coach Tom Bible made me try as hard as I could at everything, Tom Schulze, Rita Wilkes, Paul Coke (and Mrs. Coke) all did more than their fair share to guide me into success. There were DUDs in the faculty; but, they in their own way showed me what/who to emulate (or not), so I would say to any parent: "You children will get out of this school, what you AND your children put into it."

Posted January 02, 2011
do not send your children to this school if they have any learning disabilities, there is absolutely no help at this school they will label your child a trouble maker, and they will push them out of school.

Chelsea High School 4

Posted October 19, 2010
people need to understand this is a small school in Oklahoma, they are not getting enough funding from the state or federal government to fund everything that parents want their kids to have. its the state and federal government that you all need to be complaining about, get out there and help Chelsea Schools get more funding and then you can have the programs you want for your kids.The sports program is what is bringing in funds to help keep the sports programs going. This is a good school and cares very much for their students, maybe you need to get involved more before you start complaining about the school system. and then if you are not happy with it, you can ask for a transfer that is your right as an American.

Posted August 09, 2010
This is a bad school to go to. If you have a smart kid this school will do almost nothing to help them. They focus mostly on the athletics program, which, except for softball, performs rather poorly. The expectations on students are low, and there aren't many things set in place to help smart children. There is no gifted or honors program and the curriculum is laughable at best. A lot of the teachers try hard, but aren't up to standards, and can't really teach most of the smart kids much. There is also a lot of prejudice and intolerance, and VERY little diversity. If at all possible, I advise you to avoid this school (the commute to Claremore is be worth it).

Posted December 17, 2009
I have a child in CHS, and I feel the school staff lacks professionalism. The Junior High was pretty good, but High School has been a big disappointment. The staff is very subjective & biased and shares information with students that should be left between the student, parent & staff member. We moved here several years ago from a much larger school district, and this small school district seems to be full of narrow-minded, outdated ideas.

Chelsea High School 5

Posted December 09, 2009
I have had 1 child graduate Chelsea High School, 1 currently in High School, and 1 in McIntosh. Not only is the staff involved with these students, but they genuinely care about their future success and well-being. All CPS facilities/schools have provided a wonderful experience for my children thus far and I hope this will continue for my future grandchildren.

Chelsea High School 0

Posted August 06, 2009
Last year Chelsea High School got a new principle. Mr Hill is wonderful! I believe that given the time he will correct all of the wrongs that have been going on at Chelsea High School. The entire Chelsea government is run off of the 'good ol' boys' club and so it was natural for the school system to follow in those footsteps. He is making progress. My child has attended Chelsea schools since pre-k and is now a sophmore. For the first time ever I saw every player on the football team get to play during a game! Usually the same kids play over and over while the rest of the team just sits on the bench. This is because of Mr. Hill. Things are improving.

Posted February 19, 2009

Chelsea High School 4

Posted January 05, 2009
Actually I am a Chelsea graduate and so were my parents and my oldest son. My younger son is still at Chelsea Jr. High. The administration has always listened to my concerns and addressed them. The only reason that I did not give it 5 stars is that the arts are not adequately taught, but I am working on that.

Posted November 11, 2008

Chelsea High School
801 West 6th Street, Chelsea, OK  74016
Last modified Chelsea High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chelsea High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top