No rating

Indian Meridian Elementary School

Public | PK-2 | 567 students

Posted February 23, 2014

I am completely satisfied with this school. Actually I'm thankful my 6 kids went/currently attend this school. The staff is awesome and very understanding. They stick to rules following safety in regards to my children. I have personally witnessed the school allow the kids time to salute the flags, practice the school creed, and time to acknowledge their own religious belief every morning. I am proud to see a school like this and wish there were more like it.

Posted August 9, 2011

Beware this school and school system condones their staff and faculty to push their religious agendas on students regardless of your child's 1st amendment rights. They have teachers that allow and teach creationism in their classes. Numerous amount of school assemblies and sports events go out of their way to invoke their deity regardless of your child's religious affiliation or lack their of, when confronted with about these occurrences the school system does little to correct it. If you care about your child being taught about diversity, critical thinking skills, logic, science and facts than this school system will sorely disappoint you and leave you quite frustrated at how your taxes are being spent for nonsense.

Posted August 8, 2011

Check out the YMCA Before and After School Enrichment Program at IME and JGI. The staff has been together at this site for 2 years and will be together again for the 2011-2012 school year. It is much more than a "day care" as it includes tutoring, crafts, games, free play, theater, daily sharing time, music, dancing, healthy heart snacks, and nutrition goals. Staff to child ratio is 1 teacher for every 15 children. It accepts DHS and payments on a sliding scale. Call 323-2201 to talk with the Site Director to answer all of your questions, or call 733-9266 to talk about enrolling.

Posted April 21, 2009

My children have had a wonderful experience in this school. The leadership is superb. The teachers are top notch. They have an open door policy, which is rare these days. The principals truly put the children first. They have their priorities in line! I feel blessed to be a part of this organization!! Thank you to all of the wonderful leaders, staff, and teachers at IME!!

Posted August 1, 2008

Tired, old-line school with negative teachers and little leadership.

Posted May 13, 2008

We have been at this school for two years now, and I have been quit disappointed. They like to boast that they are a 'Great Expactations School' but they have absolutely nothing for the advanced children. The advanced children are forced to do whatever the class does since they do everything together. I really don't see anything wrong with reading groups, but they won't have them since some kids might feel bad. So, for the sake of making every one feel good about themselves, the advanced children suffer. The principals and staff are also not good at listening to parents concerns when they have already made up their minds on what they want to do. They also have overly strict rules that make no sense and the kids don't have much oportunity to be kids. I have been very disappointed!

Posted January 7, 2008

While I do believe that the teachers and staff are genuine and doing their best, I have to admit I have been sorely diappointed with this school. It has many rules that I do not understand. And picking up your children is a nightmare! If you are considering sending your children here I would strongly advise visiting it first.

Posted November 17, 2007

While I agree with discipline, I believe that school is also a social education where children learn to relate to others of all ages. I cannot agree with the strict social discipline as it is enforced at this school.

Posted August 13, 2007

Pre-K was awesome last year...my daughters teachers were perfect..the principal and office staff are great too!

Posted August 10, 2007

I am sad to say that we are leaving this school district. Not because we want to but because we are moving. I love this school, the location, the staff, the programs. We have been blessed to have had the opportunity to have our children attend this school. It is a wonderful place with wonderful people.

Posted January 15, 2005

This is a Great Expectaion school. The principal and teachers are the BEST! They really care for the children. The school has programs in place for children who need a little exta help. IME also has a Transitional First grade. They have added a K-4 to the school which makes drop-off and picking up a nightmare, because the 4 year olds can not ride the bus and every child has to be picked up by an adult. My own children attenting here, and this is my 6th year being involved with IME.

Posted July 29, 2004

This is a wonderful School! The education here is priceless and the Principal as well as teachers have a open door. The only improvement would be separate Bus Lanes from Parents Lanes for safty purposes, as well as improved parking, but I will have to say waiting in the drop off line is worth the patience compared to the education and love children recieve here at IME. The have several programs in place so children will not fall 'thru the cracks'. I have had three children in his school as well as various nieces and nephews, they still come back and vist.

Native American 7% 16%
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 2%
Source: State of Oklahoma Office of Educational Quality and Accountability, 2012-2013

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 134%N/A61%
Special education 211%N/A15%
Source: 1 NCES, 2011-2012
Source: 2 State of Oklahoma Office of Educational Quality and Accountability, 2012-2013

• Karri Wilson

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

Apply now