Posted February 23, 2014
I am completely satisfied with this school. Actually I'm thankful my 6 kids went/currently attend this school. The staff is awesome and very understanding. They stick to rules following safety in regards to my children. I have personally witnessed the school allow the kids time to salute the flags, practice the school creed, and time to acknowledge their own religious belief every morning. I am proud to see a school like this and wish there were more like it.

Indian Meridian Elementary School 1

Posted August 09, 2011
Beware this school and school system condones their staff and faculty to push their religious agendas on students regardless of your child's 1st amendment rights. They have teachers that allow and teach creationism in their classes. Numerous amount of school assemblies and sports events go out of their way to invoke their deity regardless of your child's religious affiliation or lack their of, when confronted with about these occurrences the school system does little to correct it. If you care about your child being taught about diversity, critical thinking skills, logic, science and facts than this school system will sorely disappoint you and leave you quite frustrated at how your taxes are being spent for nonsense.

Posted August 08, 2011
Check out the YMCA Before and After School Enrichment Program at IME and JGI. The staff has been together at this site for 2 years and will be together again for the 2011-2012 school year. It is much more than a "day care" as it includes tutoring, crafts, games, free play, theater, daily sharing time, music, dancing, healthy heart snacks, and nutrition goals. Staff to child ratio is 1 teacher for every 15 children. It accepts DHS and payments on a sliding scale. Call 323-2201 to talk with the Site Director to answer all of your questions, or call 733-9266 to talk about enrolling.

Posted April 21, 2009
My children have had a wonderful experience in this school. The leadership is superb. The teachers are top notch. They have an open door policy, which is rare these days. The principals truly put the children first. They have their priorities in line! I feel blessed to be a part of this organization!! Thank you to all of the wonderful leaders, staff, and teachers at IME!!

Indian Meridian Elementary School 0

Posted August 01, 2008
Tired, old-line school with negative teachers and little leadership.

Indian Meridian Elementary School 1

Posted May 13, 2008
We have been at this school for two years now, and I have been quit disappointed. They like to boast that they are a 'Great Expactations School' but they have absolutely nothing for the advanced children. The advanced children are forced to do whatever the class does since they do everything together. I really don't see anything wrong with reading groups, but they won't have them since some kids might feel bad. So, for the sake of making every one feel good about themselves, the advanced children suffer. The principals and staff are also not good at listening to parents concerns when they have already made up their minds on what they want to do. They also have overly strict rules that make no sense and the kids don't have much oportunity to be kids. I have been very disappointed!

Indian Meridian Elementary School 2

Posted January 07, 2008
While I do believe that the teachers and staff are genuine and doing their best, I have to admit I have been sorely diappointed with this school. It has many rules that I do not understand. And picking up your children is a nightmare! If you are considering sending your children here I would strongly advise visiting it first.

Indian Meridian Elementary School 2

Posted November 17, 2007
While I agree with discipline, I believe that school is also a social education where children learn to relate to others of all ages. I cannot agree with the strict social discipline as it is enforced at this school.

Posted August 13, 2007
Pre-K was awesome last year...my daughters teachers were perfect..the principal and office staff are great too!

Posted August 10, 2007
I am sad to say that we are leaving this school district. Not because we want to but because we are moving. I love this school, the location, the staff, the programs. We have been blessed to have had the opportunity to have our children attend this school. It is a wonderful place with wonderful people.

Indian Meridian Elementary School
1865 South Indian Meridian Road, Choctaw, OK  73020
Last modified Indian Meridian Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2
Indian Meridian Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top