Bad
Good

Posted May 20, 2009
Excellent school. You cannot find a more nurturing staff with such high standards. They care about each individual child, not giving up on even one. The principal or vice principal personally meets each child at the door every morning, greeting each one by name. I am honored to have my children attend this school.

Posted October 21, 2008
JGI is the best school in the district because the teachers care for the students thats why your kids should come to JGI in Choctaw,Ok.

Posted July 29, 2007
I have been teaching for 16 years and have taught in other schools in other districts. JGI is hands down the best experience I have had in teaching. The kids and parents are amazing! The teaching staff is dedicated in making a difference in the lives of children. The administrative staff is the best I have had the privilege to work with. I am so grateful to be a part of something wonderful.

Posted July 01, 2007
I consider the school to be excellent. There is a great staff that works together. The students are learning to respect themselves, each other, and the staff. The parents who parcipate in the school activities are great.

James Griffith Intermediate Elementary School 2

Posted June 24, 2007
MY son attends JGI and I also feel disappointed after leaving IME. I have tried to talk to the principal about some issues and she just said she would look into and did nothing to fix the problem. There is'nt much parent teacher communication and they don't seem to be there to help the students. My child loved IME and looked forward to going to school everyday but complains about attending JGI.

Posted May 05, 2007
James Griffith Intermediate School has been a wonderful experience for my child this year. This is her first year here and she loves everything about JGI from her teachers, to the administration. The administration here is impeccable. This school runs smoothly and at anytime of day, you can walk through it and hear learning taking place. My child had some bad previous school experiences down the hill but this year has restored our appreciation for good educational experiences in public schools. This school is always clean, parents are welcome to help with any projects, and the communication between school and home is phenomenal. My child has learned so much this year. James Griffith is a wonderful school from top to bottom.

Posted April 07, 2007
I can not believe the ratings I've just read! JGI is awesome. Parents what are you thinking! My 5 children are getting the best education available to them anywhere. Yes, the school is strict, good, kids need direction and correction. What are you looking for, a fun daycare for your kids, or an opportunity to create members of the community that are responsible, polite, caring contributors to society. The teachers and principal (staff) are excellent examples for students and parents to follow.

James Griffith Intermediate Elementary School 1

Posted December 05, 2004
We are only in our first year and so far we have nothing but trouble. If your child is considered an outcast then they are treated as one by all the children at the school. And the administrators and counselors at the school do not seem to do anything about it. We wished it was ran more like IME. Only a few of the teachers make it worth while. If it wasn't for our child's 4th grade teacher we would have left a long time ago.

James Griffith Intermediate Elementary School 1

Posted July 12, 2004
I'm glad it's over for my family, I enjoyed most of the teachers...it made it tolerable. I'm just glad our 3 years are over, it was horrible experience, we went from a great school and principal at IME that was a wonderful communicator and supportive professsional to down the hill where you were discouraged to communicate, and the lunches at JGI were stinky and again didn't do any good to talk to anyone about it. One more thing, it was a very clean school. And I do appreciate the teachers who were postive!

James Griffith Intermediate Elementary School

Posted December 05, 2003
My children attend or have attended this school. The teaching is excellent. The discipline is firm and caring simultaneously. I give the school my highest recommendation.

James Griffith Intermediate Elementary School
1861 South Indian Meridian Road, Choctaw, OK  73020
Last modified James Griffith Intermediate Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.