Chouteau, OK

Posted October 05, 2014
The reading is all on the parents. The reading teacher will just send them to the computer and make them read on their own. They will not spend the time with the student at all to sound anything out. They do not learn like this when they are beginning to read. Very quick to diagnose. The principal and all of the teachers have each others backs if they are right or wrong. They will get revenge on the parent if they complain. They are always on the defense and can't talk to them without them getting offended no matter how nice you are.Unprofessional. I've heard teachers speak harshly about other parents. Not very allergy food friendly and makes parents buy snacks every month. A lot of bullying and fighting on playgrounds daily in Pre-k through 2nd and teachers don't do anything about it. School had to be shut down to be cleaned because of the amount of sickness.(Germs) They share all of the crayons and supplies. In the elementary, a child that had a mental condition was locked in one of the rooms while the teacher left to do something. Someone needs to call the Board of Education and state. Poor equipment and needs guidance. I would not recommend this school to anyone. Good luck!

Chouteau-Mazie High School 3

Posted September 14, 2009
As a Senior at Chouteau High School there are many ways that i think that the school could improve. But as a whole i think the changes that were made from last year to this year were needed. However, pushed on us too fast. Our new principal Steve Osborn is a great man, and i'm glad that he has become our principal. But the overall high school situation has improved since last year, and I am proud to be a senior at Chouteau-Mazie Public High School.... and no i was not paid to say good things.

Chouteau-Mazie High School

Posted July 31, 2008
I think this is a wonderful school and i absolutey would not take my kids any where else.

Posted June 10, 2006
I was extremely disappointed in this school. Our sons report card did not reflect a grade all year in English, Social Studies and Science. The state test scores are some of the lowest in the area, and after looking at the scores and looking at the states requirements for the cirriculium on their web site, we became very concerned. We are in the process of trying to transfer to another district. Our son loves the school because they get to watch movies, and he only had reading and math, so he likes it allot . However the levels of education are a hugh concern. Our son had a music class but not an art class or art projects in class .Sports and extracirricular activites are in abundance. As far as the school... Parental involvment is low.

Chouteau-Mazie High School 4

Posted June 07, 2005
Chouteau is overall a good school. The highschool e.c. activities are in line but the funding is not fairly spread out. Like any other school it needs improving, but the test scores are increasing! My child attends the highschool and loves it. She struggles in some areas but is very strong in her basics. The teachers and coaches are great and teach the kids to strive for excellence, not to settle for second best, and 'be an 11 on a scale from 1 to 10.' I'm very pleased with their efforts on education, but I am also disappointed on their levels of discipline; yet it's still a good school and I would ablsolutely reccommend it for searching parents.

Chouteau-Mazie High School 5

Posted March 10, 2005
My son attends Chouteau High School and we are very pleased with the school both academically and in extracurricullar areas. The staff is quite caring and concerned with my childs education. I don't know of a more caring Principal who really is concerned about the students which attends his school.

Chouteau-Mazie High School 5

Posted March 10, 2005
Great Principal, good school faculty, poor facilities. Academic programs are very good.

Posted February 07, 2005
This school lacks in every subject. I've had no support from teachers to counslers to help my children excel in any subject. I have 2 teenage girls that are A students. They took the test for private schools and scored a 38%, I supppose that means you can be a A student at Chouteau and 62% of students in private school are that much smarter. I've needed help from the middle school for my daughter because of harrassment from another child and basically they have told me there is nothing they can do. I hope if anyone has another choice for a school they will go.

Chouteau-Mazie High School 2

Posted January 31, 2005
I go to Chouteau high school , for the most part it is a good school. it's very small, so you get lots of one on one help. our music and art programs are lacking due to the lack of funding, which is spent on our more popular sports football& girls basketball. I love going to Chouteau.

Chouteau-Mazie High School 3

Posted January 15, 2005
Chouteau High School definitely has room for improving in both academics and athletic activities. Lately I have realized that not only are the students getting lazy but, so are the teachers and the board. But all together everything fits like a puzzle. And its really not all that bad. One thing I have noticed is the band has greatly improved since 2003.

Chouteau-Mazie High School
521 North Mccracken Street, Chouteau, OK  74337
Last modified Chouteau-Mazie High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chouteau-Mazie High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top