Sequoyah Elementary School

Public | PK-5

Posted January 6, 2011

This is the Best School!! My Daughter Loves this school and has excelled at everything!!

Posted February 5, 2010

I am a parent and my kids are in 1st grade and 4th. This school has bent over backwards for my daughter. She has selective mutism. She wouldn't talk to anyone, not her teachers or even her classmates and she wouldn't participate in anything. She has been going here since k-and is my 4th grader, she has made a complete turn around. They were very patient with her and they have been doing everything to make her feel comfortable. My daughter has all A's and B's and I give this school a 5 rating!

Posted February 4, 2010

My child is in Pre-K and he has came so far in developmental skills since entering this school system. Cant wait to see how he developes in the following years. My 18 yr old girlfriend is a senior and has always went there, she is a very bright girl, am very proud of her and what this school has made of her. Sincerely Brandy Barnett.

Posted December 18, 2008

What a wonderful learning environment Sequoyah Public Schools has to offer. My oldest daughter has attended Sequoyah elementary for 4 years now and my two little ones are attending Pre-K. We LOVE this school, the teachers, the principal...it is just awesome! Thanks Sequoyah Eagles!

Posted March 13, 2006

I am currently a student at sequoyah Jr. High and have been attending sequoyah since pre-k. I find the school to be an excellent place to have partially grown up. The teachers at Sequoyah great,especially my geometry teacher Chris Hansen (she is a wonderful person). The sports program is outstanding we are very competitive and play our hardest in every sport. The coaches are great they are strict but fair. The principle in the Jr. High is really great, I have known him for almost forever and you will never find a nicer person. Well, all around Sequoyah school is a great, but small school in my opinion.Go Eagles!

Posted October 26, 2004

I think Sequoyah is a very great school. I have been going there since Kindergarden to 8th grade. I have never had any complaints about it. They have great athletic teams, especially the track team. We went and did our best, and got 2nd overall. The teachers are great, and so are the students. I wish I didn't have to leave, because they have such a great educational programs.

Posted September 26, 2004

I am a student of the Sepuoyah school systems, and I have been since I was in Kindergarten. Throughout the past thirteen years I have got to see the changes taking place. It truly is amazing. The Elementary take part in a program calles 'Great Expectations,' because they really do have great expectations for those children, and help them reach thier ful potintial. Mrs. Trent, the principal, is a fair, just lady and she respects and values all of her teachers. It is great to watch all of those children grow and learn respect and manners. Sequoyah is a wonderful school system, I have loved my past years in it, and I will be kindof sad to leave it. Seqyouah is also a very safe school, they are really careful when it comes to the safety of those children.

Posted August 20, 2004

My son was placed in this schoool. He only lives a mile a away. After a week they decided he need to go tofoyil stating he was in the wrong district. They gave no good rerason except to say they don't except transfers. My son is 8 years old and in the 3rd grade. He reads on the 5th grade level. Mrs tieges was very nice but insisted he couldn't go to her school. I do believe they were not taking my son's abilities and the fact he had been at school for a week already into consideration. Please take this into consideration.

Math

The state average for Math was 76% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Scale: % satisfactory or better

In 2012-2013 Oklahoma used the Oklahoma Core Curriculum Tests (OCCT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, and grades 5 and 8 in science and writing. The OCCT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Oklahoma. The goal is for all students to score at or above the satisfactory level on the test.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

64 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 76% in 2013.

64 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 76% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 76% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 57% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 77% in 2012.

80 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 66% in 2013.

Native American 41% 16%
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 2%
Source: State of Oklahoma Office of Educational Quality and Accountability, 2012-2013

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 146%N/A61%
Special education 218%N/A15%
Source: 1 NCES, 2011-2012
Source: 2 State of Oklahoma Office of Educational Quality and Accountability, 2012-2013

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

16441 South 4180 Rd