Verdigris Elementary School 0

Posted October 02, 2008
This is a great school, my child loves it. The teachers are committed to get to know each student. My son has been advanced for his grade level since pre-k, and even though they don't have advanced classes until the third grade the teachers made sure that he was challenged just enough. Even though they are very prominent on their academics, they also understand the importance of recess and every now and then the teacher will let them have a short second recess in the afternoon. They strongly encourage parent involvement. You will always see a couple of parents in the school each day. You couldn't ask for a better principle, he gets involved in even the littlest things, such as reading a book to the kids, or singing happy b-day with the kids durning lunch time. I can't think of anything bad to say about this school.

Verdigris Elementary School 3

Posted September 03, 2008

Verdigris Elementary School 5

Posted March 29, 2008
I love love love this school. My kids are thriving and you just really couldn't ask for a better place for your child to be. Mr. A is so awesome with the kids. My nephew had a bully problem and asked me to talk to Mr. A about it and it was resolved within the hour. Mr. A is fun, but also has a no nonsense attitude when need be. I attended this elementary school, and know most of the staff, not only because a lot of the same teachers are there, but also because a lot of the people I went to school with are teachers there now. My kids love this school, and parental involvement is always welcome, which I love. I really have nothing bad to say about this school.

Verdigris Elementary School 4

Posted May 27, 2007
This school has been a wonderful environment for my child to flourish academically and in the area of self-esteem. The principal and staff make it their charge to know each child by name and to strive to make this a special place. This school is high on tradition, still wearing costumes on Halloween, having talent shows at lunch, having prayer over the intercom when necessary and living by and reciting the Golden Rule daily. The principal has been at this school for decades and is what makes this the truly special place that it is with his wit, sense of humor and love for all kids. The academics tend to be more on the paper and pencil side of things; however, strides are being taken to be more creative with centers, etc. Parent involvement is huge with numerous volunteers daily. However, most of this ends when students reach the middle school.

Verdigris Elementary School
8207 East 540 Road, Claremore, OK  74019
Last modified Verdigris Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Verdigris Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top