Claremore, OK

Verdigris Elementary School 3

Posted January 13, 2015
I strongly disagree with these post, or maybe because they were written so long ago. we feel they have not been prominent on their academics, I've reached out several times letting them know my kids beg for more of a challenge everything is to easy . there is no reply to me when I send the teacher questions about what they need to be doing . the ranking says it all 7 they are ranked 7 not 8,9, or 10. if you want your kids to be dumbed down bring them here or around here education is not top shelf or a priority. If you offer politely how things could be better than you are insulting them. bottom line my 3 kids are very smart and they do love the school, friends and teachers, but we have to home school them to keep up to their level. what a shame. this school could easily be a lot Better .Upset parents .go to Owasso or Jenks and other Schools away from here. Thanks for reading. Iam looking for other sites to blog on. Thanks for reading.

Verdigris Elementary School

Posted October 02, 2008
This is a great school, my child loves it. The teachers are committed to get to know each student. My son has been advanced for his grade level since pre-k, and even though they don't have advanced classes until the third grade the teachers made sure that he was challenged just enough. Even though they are very prominent on their academics, they also understand the importance of recess and every now and then the teacher will let them have a short second recess in the afternoon. They strongly encourage parent involvement. You will always see a couple of parents in the school each day. You couldn't ask for a better principle, he gets involved in even the littlest things, such as reading a book to the kids, or singing happy b-day with the kids durning lunch time. I can't think of anything bad to say about this school.

Verdigris Elementary School 5

Posted March 29, 2008
I love love love this school. My kids are thriving and you just really couldn't ask for a better place for your child to be. Mr. A is so awesome with the kids. My nephew had a bully problem and asked me to talk to Mr. A about it and it was resolved within the hour. Mr. A is fun, but also has a no nonsense attitude when need be. I attended this elementary school, and know most of the staff, not only because a lot of the same teachers are there, but also because a lot of the people I went to school with are teachers there now. My kids love this school, and parental involvement is always welcome, which I love. I really have nothing bad to say about this school.

Verdigris Elementary School 4

Posted May 27, 2007
This school has been a wonderful environment for my child to flourish academically and in the area of self-esteem. The principal and staff make it their charge to know each child by name and to strive to make this a special place. This school is high on tradition, still wearing costumes on Halloween, having talent shows at lunch, having prayer over the intercom when necessary and living by and reciting the Golden Rule daily. The principal has been at this school for decades and is what makes this the truly special place that it is with his wit, sense of humor and love for all kids. The academics tend to be more on the paper and pencil side of things; however, strides are being taken to be more creative with centers, etc. Parent involvement is huge with numerous volunteers daily. However, most of this ends when students reach the middle school.

Verdigris Elementary School
8207 East 540 Road, Claremore, OK  74019
Last modified Verdigris Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Verdigris Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top