Claremont Elementary School 1

Posted November 25, 2013
I have had nothing but problems with this this school. My 6 year old daughter has been bullied on a daily basis . I have expressed my concerns to staff with no avail. My daughter doesn't even want to go to school anymore. Last year in Westside she was outgoing and happy. I have had to talk her into attending Claremont several times in the mornings while she cries outside in the car . Therefore we have incured a few " unexcused tardies" because I was outside in the car trying to pep talk her into going . The principal and music teacher are nice and she says they are the only adults there she feels she can turn to. I feel as though not enough is being done about the bullying. I am quite familiar with the state policies on bullying and have applied to transfer my daughter back to Westside.

Posted September 16, 2013
What I love about CLAREMONT ELEMENTARY is that there is such diversity of students in both their strengths and in their areas of need. It makes meeting their needs a challenge, but one that is something I look forward to every day! I am honored to work with so many teachers who are willing to go above and beyond to find ways to make learning enticing and relevant to our students. Additonally, our principal, Mr. Young, is such an up-beat, energetic leader, that you just can't help but smile when you see him and tell him one of the stories of our students' successes. If we could bring in a famous author whose name the students' recognized, I belief it would ignite a new flame for their passion for reading. Claremont Elementary may be one of the neediest schools in Claremore, but it is the school with the biggest heart!!!

Posted September 16, 2013
I have two perspectives about Claremont. I am a teacher here, but also a parent. My child attended here from Pre-K until promoting to the Junior High. I am so happy with Claremont. Is a great environment. The students are happy because the staff is happy and works well together. A quality education is offered here every single day.

Posted September 16, 2013
What people should know about Claremont Elementary School is that the teachers are putting their hearts and souls into making Claremont the best elementary school in the discrict. I love the changes happening here!

Posted September 16, 2013
Claremont Elementary School has a wonderful, welcoming atmosphere. The faculty and staff work well as a team and have the students' best interests at heart. Students feel safe and welcome here.

Posted August 22, 2013
I have never been happier teaching! I love this district and this school! Our principal at Claremont is supportive and encouraging! He does it all! I have seen this man weed wacking the grounds, he cares that much! We have a great PTO. They work hard to support our ideas and keep the school a beautiful, fun place to work and learn! Our teachers love their students! A very important fact about Claremont--you will never hear a disparaging word from any staff member about a student or another teacher. We spend our time together collaborating on how to reach our students and meet their needs. I would never retire from being a teacher if I could remain at this school for the next 30 years! If you are reading this as a parent, please consider joining the PTO. There are so few members that do so much, I would like to see them have more support.

Claremont Elementary School 1

Posted April 24, 2012
NO i do not recommend this school. My son's had nothing but problems ALL year. When he tells his teacher that he is being bullied then he get in trouble or the issue is overlooked. I get a report from the teacher that my son had a bad day and was disrespectful after my son went through the day being called names and was bullied and the problem was ignored and the teacher won't control her class. Yes it was a bad day...No one deserves to be treated like that by anybody.

Claremont Elementary School 4

Posted April 17, 2011
I really care and love Claremont. The assist. principle is the best ever.! The teachers, for the most part, are on top of everything, good and bad. My son has excelled and learned so much while attending Claremont. No school is perfect, and this one has room for improvement for teachers taking a little more responsibility when they have made mistakes themselves. All in all...I'm very glad my son will be attending Claremont his entire elementary experience.

Posted February 15, 2011
I love this school. My kid has gone here since Pre-K. We moved away last year. Only to end up moving back before Christmas Break, because my child needed this school and its environment that they create. Its the best school around and we couldn't be happier to be Proud parents of an awesome school.

Posted October 28, 2010
This school is wonderful! My daughter is in 2nd grade and went to a different Claremore school for K and 1st. At the other school she hated going and her Kindergarden teacher even forgot to sing Happy B-day to her. Now that she's in this new school she loves it and is doing better then ever! We couldn't be happier with the teacher, students, and staff! She now wants to be a scientist and looks forward to learning! Thank you Claremont!!

Claremont Elementary School
318 East 7th Street, Claremore, OK  74017
Last modified Claremont Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Claremont Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top