Claremore High School

Public | 9-12 | 1323 students

Posted May 23, 2014

This school sucks and is so revolved around sports that they can't afford money for art projects
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 1, 2012

I am currently a senior at Claremore High-School, and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time throughout the past four years. Claremore has an amazing academic program, including an Engineering program, a Bio-medical program, as well as numerous Honors and Advanced Placement courses. The teachers truly care about the success of their students, and the school strongly stands by its motto, "excellence from all, excellence for all."

Posted May 25, 2011

I just graduated from this high school and while I can say that there are plenty of snotty kids and rude teachers, I couldn't have asked for a better school to call my Alma Mater. Mrs. Garroutte is one of the most helpful, understanding women I've ever met. Not to mention most of my English teachers (namely Andrews & Quiring) were inspirational and funny. They made me feel like a person AND a student. Not just a means to their paycheck. I've got to Claremore Public for 12 years (kindergarten - senior year) and its made the difference. I'm glad I received my education from this school. ALSO, I can vouch that Claremore does not exclude new students. I've always been kind to new kids and the rest of the student body is the same way. Yes, we have our lemons but every school does. You just have to move on and find somewhere to belong.

Posted February 15, 2011

Talk about hard to fit in. You would think everyone would be nice, but if your not quite the normal person don't think your going to be liked very well, another tip they'll make fun of anything they can detail out the students. Some are very rude and hurtful. They'll laugh at you, throw stuff at you. In one class I even got yelled at by some girl I didn't even know on the first week. I was just talking to this girl I just met and she started calling me stupid and ugly. The teacher didn't do anything about it of course. So unless your kid isn't VERY outgoing and has a very low self esteem, I'd recommend going to a different school.... -new student

Posted May 21, 2009

My daughter and my son come from a school where they got failing grades. Clareoer schools cared and got them the help they needed> and now they are passing every class...Great job claremore

Posted June 11, 2008

Excellent school, few fights, excellent teachers and students, great academics.

Posted March 31, 2008

This is the best school my children have attended. I am a proud parent of Claremore students.

Posted December 9, 2007

Claremore high school is one of three high schools I have attended and I can honestly say that this is the best school I have been to. There are an incredible amount of choices for classes and dozens of clubs and organizations. The teachers are the best I've ever had and the counselors are willing to help with anything you need. I'd also like to add that there aren't many cliques for a school this large. Claremore is also located near RSU which means dual enrollment is an option. There is plenty of opportunity for educational growth and sucess. I would highly recommend Claremore to anyone interested in attending.

Posted October 14, 2007

I absolutely love this school! They have so many options for classes, especially honors and AP. The teachers and counselors are very helpful. Many of my teachers are willing to stay after class to continue a discussion. The school uses block scheduling for more flexibility. There are over 20 organizations to join. Although there are over 1000 students it still has small classes and I know almost everyone. It also has a brand new $15 million fine arts facility!

Posted July 19, 2005

Security is a real concern here. If your children are threatened or bullied and you complain, don't expect the perps to be punished. Violent offenders are suspended for days instead of months. Local law enforcement is lax and won't vigorously pursue prosecution especially if the child is from a well-connected family. On the other hand, most of the teachers are excellent.

Posted September 29, 2004

on a scale of 1- 10 I would give this school a 10. The level of education provided to my children is outstading.The class room sizes are great and the teachers are commited to the students success. There are a great nuber of student orginizations for all groups of students to be involved in.

Grade level

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 87% in 2013.

195 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 81% in 2013.

196 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 58% in 2013.

231 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II

The state average for English II was 91% in 2013.

244 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English III

The state average for English III was 96% in 2013.

227 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 89% in 2013.

194 students were tested at this school in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 81% in 2013.

235 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % satisfactory or better

In 2012-2013 Oklahoma used the Oklahoma Core Curriculum Tests End-of-Instruction (OCCT EOI) exams to test students in high school in several subjects. The OCCT EOI is a high school graduation requirement. The OCCT EOI exams are standards-based tests, which means they measure specific skills defined for each subject by the state of Oklahoma. The goal is for all students to score at or above the satisfactory level on the test.

Source: Oklahoma State Department of Education

Native American 30% 16%
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 2%
Source: State of Oklahoma Office of Educational Quality and Accountability, 2012-2013

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 156%N/A61%
Special education 218%N/A15%
Source: 1 NCES, 2011-2012
Source: 2 State of Oklahoma Office of Educational Quality and Accountability, 2012-2013

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

201 East Stuart Roosa