Bad
Good

Great school. We are very pleased. The teachers are awesome. The school actually encourages parent involvement. The new principal is great . She has done a wonderful job . The staff is so helpful and welcoming . They have helped my child and myself so much transitioning from a different school. Last year my child attended Westside . We moved and the school my child was assigned was not as good. I transfered her back to Westside for the rest of the year and plan on keeping her there from here on . This school has a lot of activities at the school during the year for students and their families to attend that are fun. They have family fun night , Ice cream socials and The last day of school they go above and beyond. Last year they rented a blow up water slide , played games and had special lunch and the parents were allowed to attend. I love this school because they allow kids to be kids. They do not act inconvenienced by the kids child - like behavior . They are patient and caring. Westside Rocks!!!!!!!

Staff is composed of catty, middle-aged drama queens. This place is the perfect example that when you dare speak your mind about any concern you may have, they will not take it the way you'd expect adults to behave; they will remember your name, face, your child, and will go out of their way to be unhelpful. It's a serious red flag when you find out from your own child that he was left outside after recess on a hot day and it wasn't until someone saw him through the locked glass doors that he was able to get in; and the principal/teacher denying it, then changing their story is just disturbing. Then being served court papers because your child was 1 minute late to class more than 5 times in one month, when in fact he was on time, but had to use the bathroom, then got lost because there was no one there to make sure these children make it to their respective class. Zero open-mindedness, no leadership, no room for individual growth, favoritism between students (wrong student folder sent home showed teacher comments, stickers, smileys), ungraceful way of verbally disciplining students, and the most infantile, catty behavior within a 10-foot radius you'll ever see since high school.

I wen't to this scool about 7yrs ago and I went there for 4years. Even now I will tell you out of the 6 six schools I've gone to and the one I'm at now, this was the best school I wish to go back and visit the best teacher soon :)

My daughter went to this school for Kindergarden and First Grade. We noticed as the years progressed she had "tummy aches" and other reasons she couldn't go to school. Finally she told us she didn't like school and that the other kids were mean and the teachers wouldn't listen to her when she complained. Her Kindergarden teacher even forgot her birthday, which made her cry for an hour! This year she is in Claremont and loves it. The new school has changed her whole outlook on school and she is getting straight A's.

We love Westside! My son is a second generation Westsider with his mom (me) and two aunts attending before him.

We moved here a year ago, & I have been very happy with the school staff. The PTA has not made a lasting impression on me, but they do have fun things to do for the kids. The Principal is AWESOME!

We moved to Claremore at the beginning of this school year, and we have been very pleased with Westside. We had a horrible pre-K experience in our hometown, and were hoping for something better. My son is in kindergarten, and I am so impressed with his reading ability. His teacher (Cummings)is remarkable. She has a way with the kids that every teacher should have. She has had quite an impact on my son's confidence as well as his behavior. He had a rough time his first day, and the office staff and principal were outstanding. We love Westside! - M. Smith

Last modified Westside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.