Bad
Good

Posted August 04, 2013
The highlight of our summer was our trip out of state. My son and I planned for weeks what sights and sounds we were going to take in and when the day of departure arrived we were excited and ready to roll. We decided part of our vacation would include doing things we didn't do at home: eating out, foregoing tv, and no hard and fast rules. We took in parks, outdoor lunch from a restaurant van, a science museum and swimming daily in a resort style swimming pool. Part of my enjoyment from the trip came from knowing my son would hold this good time in his memory banks hopefully forever. He attends Will Rogers Jr. Hi in Claremore Oklahoma. My son enjoyed the summer but is ready to start the school year. His reentry into jr high is exciting for him because he is happy at school, loves his teachers, and seems to have lots of friends. I think that is a testimony to the great atmosphere at Will Rogers. Thanks Will Rogers Jr. Hi. for doing all the special things throughout the year that have enriched my sons life.

Posted September 13, 2011
I think the administration and the teachers are great at WRJH. My experiences have all been positive and demonstrated a great caring and respect for kids and parents. Keep up the good work!

Will Rogers Junior High School 1

Posted December 12, 2010
I strongly agree with the comment from the teacher, that this school needs new principals.. the principal and the assistant principal are brothers, and the principal is married to the counselor. I didnt even know that was legal... If you have a promble with the fact that the assistant principal is a major bully, which he is, you have to tell his little brother the principal.. and it gets ignored and covered up. Both principals are on a major power trip, and act like they own the school,..which at this point they do. On the other hand the 6th grade principal, who is not related to the other two, is a great principal and I enjoyed working with him.

Will Rogers Junior High School

Posted October 21, 2008
I am a student a WRJH and the administration is AMAZING and the leadership is great. I LOVE all of the teachers and the students! GO ZEBRA COLTS!

Will Rogers Junior High School 2

Posted May 02, 2007
The Jr. High in Claremore still has some very good, quality teachers that have been there for 25+ years. However, the administration is new there, very young and inexperienced. Unprofessional, or bully are the two words that I think of when it comes to the principals there. The leadership there is the worst that I have ever seen, and it has brought the quality of the school down in just one year.

Posted June 07, 2004
My son has had a wonderful experience at WRJH. In his past school he had numerous behavior and academic problems...here they took action immediately and worked with us to nip these problems in the bud immediately. He is happier as a student and at home since our move. I think our family owes a great deal to WRJH for the calm that has occured in our family!

Will Rogers Junior High School
1915 North Florence Avenue, Claremore, OK  74017
Last modified Will Rogers Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.