Cleveland, OK

Posted August 01, 2014
I love the school as a student, I know a lot of people in the school

Posted April 16, 2008
I do not feel that Cleveland offers a great schooling option. They need to provide higher educational classes with more challenging work to help prepare their students for college and real life.

Cleveland High School 3

Posted April 08, 2008
I have to say as a student, at Cleveland high school, that a lot of the students complain about having to be here and the amount of homework. I,on the other hand have not had too many major problems with the school so far. Though when one the counselor told me that i could not join in band or spanish because i was not used to it and could not keep up, when i was totally capable, i was totally peeved. I would say that the children, more than the teachers, are pretty racist about who they let join there clique. there are a few cliques that arent specific and definately accept you if you are new. there is band, sports, misfits and the just strange people. occasionally the social butterflies, like me, can go from group to group, but i personally like individuals and dont fit in much.

Posted February 27, 2008
I transfered to cleveland this year and i am very impressed. Everything is wonderful. People are great. I am very blessed to have all of the oppertunities that this school has given me! so thank you to everyone!

Posted January 02, 2008
All 3 of my children attended and graduated from Cleveland Schools and I am proud that they grew up well educated and well adjusted as citizens. Part of this can be attributed to home life and part credit can be givne to the schools they attended. Faculty was adequate. Academics must be encouraged from home also. 2 of my 3 children have college educations. The third child has a great technological position. Thanks Cleveland schools! They were all very involved in Band and also sports programs. You get out what you put into your life!

Posted May 29, 2006
my kids are in the primary and middle school my youngest 9 is in special ed and i see improvement in his learning everyday they realy work with the kids to get them the help they need wether its educational or emotional. great job to all

Cleveland High School 2

Posted January 06, 2006
I attended this high school for the last three years of school, I would have to agree with the posters that think that this school is inadequate. The only programs that recieve attention are the sports programs, if you enjoy music and you join either the band or the choir you will notice an immediate difference in attitude from both other students and staff. The fact that the music dept. is both mocked and insulted by the staff doesnt help the youths outlook on their fellow students. Few teachers are willing to take that extra step to help you in you time of need, and those that will are so thinly spread that even they get tired of trying. Small town politics+school= the opposite of no child left behind. I recommend if you move into this district that you either interact with the school or dont at all.

Cleveland High School 2

Posted November 01, 2005
My last year of High School the current counselor told me she would make sure I did not go to College. How do you think that affects impressionable students? The best thing that the School has is its Athletic department. Parent s involvement is usually slim to none. Some teachers like Judy Cole earn your trust and your respect, while some others are a joke. Teachers are focused on what a student is wearing instead of why they didn't complete their homework. I think the principal should sit in on classes and review his teachers, and teachers should be more helpful to troubled students. Getting your child involved in a sport will help keep them from turning to other extracurricular activities. If parents want their child to succeed they need to be involved.

Cleveland High School 1

Posted October 28, 2005
I attended CHS all four years of my high school career. I am thankful to not be in this school district. 150 words is not enough to detail everything lacking in this school. Teachers are at the top of the list for improvements.

Cleveland High School 3

Posted August 08, 2005
cleveland schools has great potential, if...some things are put into place to make some changes. in the past 10 years there have been 2 new schools built, additions to the high school(under construction) and a new arena(under construction. there is alot more that can be done. parent involement is one of the big pieces. unfortunatly there are also alot of parents that want everything done for their child but do not want to pay for it or do some work themselves. i think the school district does a very good job with the money they have. my children have been in using computers in school since 1st grade. so technology wise i think they are on target. lose some of the 'small town politics' and cleveland could excel at education and athletics.

323 North Gilbert Avenue, Cleveland, OK  74020
Last modified Cleveland High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cleveland High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top