Bad
Good

We moved to Coalgate and based on the reviews here, we started at Cottonwood School. The few weeks there where horrible. I went to a meeting where 5 staff members where expecting my wife. They had every intention of moving my kids back before they where given a chance to adjust to a new school and requirements. They wanted to do testing for the mental ability to learn and tried to tell me it was standard for all new students. I was told if I did not let them do all the testing they wanted that I was tying their hands and they could not help my kids. All I can say is don't just rely on the reviews here. Talk to people at different schools. Ask questions and use some common sense. Don't just swallow all the garbage they want to feed you. We are at a different school now and all is well. My kids make good grades and enjoy going and that is what matters!

This school is wonderful, I recommend this school to everyone! My daughter attended her first year there last year and I have never seen such a caring school. Every child is created equal and never left out! Keep up the great work Cottonwood! :)

Prior to moving to Oklahoma we did a comparison on the internet between Coalgate and Cottonwood. Cottonwood won with an added bonus of being the #1 school in Oklahoma in 2006. The teachers did a pen pal program with my daughter to prepare her for the following year. The lcass sizes were smaller which were a plus! The teachers and children have a very close bond...obvious from the awards ceremonies and seeing them out and about in town.They really love not only to teach, but our children and our children really love them. I have known kids to come from other counties to attend Cottonwood, even as far as 1 1/2 hours away. Kids that could not read at other schools are excelling here. We love it!

Cottonwood School is a gem. I wouldn't send my son anywhere else. The teachers are positive moral examples and are full of love and dedication. Their test scores are off the charts, and the teachers aren't just teaching to the tests as is the case in so many schools. Small class size is a plus, as well as the many paraprofessionals that help out. My only wish is that there was a high school. My 8th grader graduated from there and I wish that he could have stayed in the Cottonwood system. If I had any problems with the school it might be that they get excited about an idea and start it, but don't follow through with it, therefore, causing some confusion. Also, there is a bit of a communication problem. But all in all, I believe Cottonwood to be one of the top schools in the state.

I have a grandchild in this school. They have done academic miracles in this child. My grandchild is extremely bright but it took this dedicated staff to get the best out of him

My Child needed Cottonwood School! She has raised her scores tremendously since we transfered her

this is an awesome school. we don't leave any one out or behind. the kids that are above grade level are rolled up in those areas and they do not have to wait on the others to catch up . we are having a new gym that is being built now. we have new coaches and there will be some new sports not just basketball so our school is moving up all the time my children have been in this school since prek and i am praying for a high school there because i wouldn't want my child to go anywhere else

Overall Cottonwood is a wonderful school to send our children to. In a rural area our school is excelling or trying to excel in all areas such as academics, music,art. We could use improvement in extracurricular activities and sports. Physical activity is limited. Students must eat lunch and have recess in 30 min. which is a catch 22. Cottonwood is a great school for average and below average students to get a great education, above average students as in most schools are left to spin their wheels waiting on the other children to catch up. Thanks to the CCC program they do have a chance to move at their own pace, but this is a computer program and I don't see any individual teaching done with these children. I wouldn't sent my child any where else in rural Oklahoma but it could and should be better.

Last modified Cottonwood Public School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.