Midway High School 2

Posted September 07, 2010
As for the teachers, they do their best with the limited finances available, there are 4 teachers that have been at the high school since my son started 7th grade. Is it an administration problem, are we hiring teachers that are not qualified? What can the parents do to help this school system. Should there be a elementary principal, can the superintendent not act as the elementary principal or high school principal and superintendent. This would mean more money for the school district to help fund the things the students need. Why travel 2 hours to a football game if you cannot afford to have a 5 day school week??

Midway High School 2

Posted April 24, 2010
Just go to the website and you will find out what is important to the admiistration - Sports. The student that said ony 3 teachers are good is about right. There are currently 5 teachers labled as 'coaches' in a school with only about 10 teachers! Classes necessary for college aren't eve offerred, but most sports are.

Midway High School 1

Posted October 05, 2009
I attend this school and im sorry to say only 3 teachers are any good....

Posted October 22, 2008
I have had two sons graduate from Midway and my husband also went to school there. Things have improved a lot. There are teachers there that care about the students and want to help them, but the students think they shouldn't have to do anything, it comes down to the parenting. The board needs to change administration and things would improve alot. We have the makings of a great school we need back what we had and things would be great!

Midway High School 5

Posted October 05, 2008

Midway High School 1

Posted June 09, 2008

Posted April 15, 2008
i go to midway high and i really love it there it is a really good school and they teach us alot. we are all friends and we stick up for one another. and i am going to be sad when i leave:(

Posted January 17, 2008
although i am of the opinion that midway elementary has some quality educators who work diligently educating and preparing their students for jr. high and high school. the actual jr. high and high school is a big let down in academics and every aspect of education. the special education program along with the teacher i would rate a d minus. there is very little opportunities for midway youth other than ag and limited sports activities. the percentage of youth that actually obtains a higther education dipoloma is minimal at best.

Posted November 15, 2007
From my experience, Midway High School is a complete joke. The teachers aren't bad, but the administative office has really upset me. Athletics come first, an academics are extremely overlooked! I couldn't believe the amount of students in 'learning disability' classes. I personally think that not half of them should, its just that they are lazy, an the teachers didn't take time to notice this. Not only were there many flaws in there learning system, but the teens at the school were also getting attention in different areas that as a Parent i do not appove of. Overall i would not want my children going to Midway. Putting my daughter here was the worst mistake i could make! I recommend Checotah schools.

Midway High School 5

Posted November 08, 2007

Midway High School
316 South Pine, Council Hill, OK  74428
Last modified Midway High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Midway High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top