Posted May 13, 2014
I have not been impressed with this school district. I have had 3 kids go through K-12 here and while you may encounter a handful of good teachers, the majority are lack-luster. My kids frequently watched videos or had class "parties". My issues: 1. Most of the teachers do not make themselves available outside of class hours for clarification or consultations. 2. Most of the teachers do not notify the parents of any issues the child may be having in class or with the subject matter. 3. Teachers routinely play favorites with their students. 4. Little exposure to career options or college options. This was my personal experience. Your mileage may vary from mine.

Posted October 22, 2011
I went to school here back in the 70's. The school was pretty good then. and I loved my old high school.

Coweta High School 3

Posted July 20, 2011
This school is average. It's more of a sink or swim for students who want to attend college/workforce with little job experience. A lot of times students are not aware of the resources that are in the school. Students attending can enroll in VoTech or enroll in College classes their Junior year, while attending regular classes. Ask questions about your schooling don't attend passively otherwise you'll not get far at this school. They'll just pass you along with no help or guidance.

Posted November 10, 2008
This school has really improved with the replacement of the principal and assistant principal. The two new administrators have hit the ground running and making some major positive changes. Finally it looks like teachers, as well as students will be held accountable for their actions. Congratulations Mr. Holmes. Maybe the junior high will undergo a similar improvement soon.

Coweta High School 0

Posted August 23, 2008
I am very impressed with the teachers and administration in Coweta. I am so glad we are a part of such a wonderful district. The teachers really seem to care about their students and I am glad my child is not just a number. We could be in one of the areas bigger districts but I wouldn't want my child to get lost in the crowd. My children definately get more one on one attention in Coweta than they would in a lot of other districts.

Posted September 19, 2007
I am the parent of a current 11th grade student, plus two alumni from the classes of 2005 and 2007. I would have to rate the school as fair/average. I have been very disappointed in the lack of instruction and genuine caring from several of my kids teachers. There are several teachers who really do not 'teach' and yet they want to hold the kids accountable for the material they don't fully explain. They won't give any extra credit to kids who need it to improve a grade and they frequently refuse to re-explain information because 'its already been gone over once'. Punishment is given out for minor violations. ADD diagnosed children are also at a disadvantage with the teachers at CHS.

Posted August 17, 2007
I have 2 children in the high school and have talked with several teachers in the past two years. I am very impressed with the caring and professionalism of these teachers. The teachers and administration do a fabulous job in communicating with parents. I only wish my children could have had the same positive learning experience at the junior high. The only negative thing I can think of is that hardly any parents show up for the teacher conferences. The high school is a GREAT SCHOOL.

Posted July 31, 2007

Posted May 01, 2007
I have person in 10th grade and the work he brings home reminds me of that which I did in the 5th or 6th grade. The use of puzzles and filling in blanks for studying is ridiculous. The math is not rigourous at all. In addition, the school is very quick to give in-house detention for minor infractions which they then miss all of the day for misbehavior in one class or area. No positive measure of modifying behavior that I can see.

Coweta High School 5

Posted April 08, 2006

Coweta High School
14607 South 305th East Avenue, Coweta, OK  74429
Last modified Coweta High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coweta High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top