Drumright, OK

Olive Elementary School 2

Posted July 30, 2013
I went to Olive from my 3rd grade to senior year. My kids are currently attending the elementry. The teachers here are outstanding when it comes to teaching their subject. I do have a few problems with this school. Everyone there is way to involved in the sports. The parents are also way too worried about if their child is on the team and ect... B/c of the overwhelming amount of parents, teachers and students that think sports is too important.. this also starts my next concern. Bulying is also an issue that I have seen here. It is a very small school and community. There is no room for bulying. My children have not been bulied and neither was I. But I witnessed it when I was in school and I witness it now. The childen doing the bulying are the children with the over bearing parents that fail to notice it b/c they are too involved in the sports or they just dont care. Either way it won't be long before I remove my kids from this school.

Posted October 13, 2010
This is where my daughter goes to school. It is a small school and there have been rumors of it shutting down due to lack of funds. It is the on;y school in the area that doens't have smart boards yet. My husband also attended there. I would love to see Olive continue on, the teachers are great and deserve to have smart boards for their students.

Posted October 13, 2010
They are a small country school with great teachers... They help and teach the children the way a parent would...

Posted January 30, 2006
My husband, children and grandchildren have or will have graduated from Olive. After losing our daughter, we are raising her son, and he attends Olive, he's a 6th grader. We've had a lot of problems, behavioral, but that's behind us now. But the administration at Olive has always helped us when problems were present. The only thing I find lacking, is books at his reading level, that he would enjoy reading in the library. It's my understanding they're working on that. Keep up the good work, and thanks. D.T.

Posted February 19, 2005

Posted November 14, 2004
My 4 yr. old son just began his 'school-life', he's enrolled in all day Head-Start at this school. Olive Schools provides excellent teacher to student ratio, as well as an old-fashioned, yet up to the minute learning environment. Everyone is on a first name basis, and there are 2nd, maybe 3rd generation students attending classes there. They still teach the ethics and morals that they taught 30, 40 yrs ago. I'm glad to say I'm very comfortable with the thought of my child spending 12 yrs. in these people's care. I can think of none better! Sincerely, Lara Coble David mother Nov. 14, 2004

Olive Elementary School 1

Posted September 28, 2004

Posted September 17, 2004
- a former student
I spent 13 years in the Olive school system. Now I live in the district and my children will be attending there. I believe you could not ask for a more caring faculty. The school plays a huge role in the community and works great with other organizations around Olive. The staff at Olive not only educates our kids but teaches them character. Olive might not every thing the bigger schools have to offer but I know the teachers,coaches,and all administration is doing there best to give you children the best education possible!

Posted April 12, 2004

Olive Elementary School
9352 South 436th West Avenue, Drumright, OK  74030
Last modified Olive Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Olive Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top