Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted May 30, 2015
From what I've experienced very good. The principal worked with the parents of our grandson as he was struggling with misbehaving on the playground. They worked until they got it solved. Yay for them.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 30, 2015
Mrs. Edge & Mrs Gonzales AWESOME, caring, consistent teachers. Couldn't ask for better. Office staff is good as well.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 30, 2015
I'm not the one who does homework with them. So I'd not know that really.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted May 30, 2015
I hope they do. Determination is so important, persistence. Seems children can be determined & persistent when they want something.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted May 30, 2015
I think they work hard to do this. Again, more support from family members to teach respect & the order of things. I'm the parent, you are the child. They are the teachers in authority of that classroom, you are the students. Their job is to teach, yours is to listen & learn. Some how we've given the children the reins before we've given them the lessons to help them make good decisions. I say again, Emerson works hard to do this.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted May 30, 2015
I think they work very hard to do that. Often need more parental support to keep that uppermost in their minds

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted May 30, 2015
I've visited the classes & school programs. I'm very impressed with the behavior of the students.

Posted April 16, 2008
I have two daughters in this school and I love it. The teachers are wonderful and know most if not all the kids by name. Which says alot because it is the largest elementary school in Duncan. I would prefer Emerson over the others because I believe the teachers are very dedicated to their students. I have only good things to say about Emerson Elementary! Keep up the great work Mrs. Spaulding and faculty.

Posted January 06, 2008
I think the school is a very nice school for kids and for my childs first years it was a wonderful learning experience. However over the last 2 years 4th and 5th grade I would say they seem to be not hiring as many quality teachers as they did before. They do have computer probrams to work on but I'm not sure why they have received a 4 rating out of 10. It must be because they combined many other schools in with Emerson making it larger school. I think it was a better school before they made it so large.

1200 West Hickory Avenue, Duncan, OK  73533
Last modified Emerson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Emerson Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top