Bad
Good

Posted February 08, 2013
Teachers do not care wether a student fails or not. One actually told my son, " I get paid wether you pass or fail." and just like others have said on here, if your child has problems with bullying or, really ANY kind of problem at all, NO ONE in the leadership of this school could care less.

Duncan Middle School 5

Posted March 10, 2011
So far We are LOVING DMS. We are from Lawton Public Schools. Although we really loved LPS. I feel DMS can give more attention to my student. My daughter and son who go there say the teachers are kind and show more interest. They also say there is less drama than larger schools. LPS was super wonderful dealing with my daughters disabilities and DMS has up till now done the same. I have read the other comments and can say that my children do say that some students curse like a sailor (Isn't that everywhere?). What my children appreciate about the teachers ignoring some minor cursing is that the whole classroom is not affected. Sometimes ignoring bad behavior is best for the whole class. As long as my children are happy and are receiving a good education I am happy. I hope this helps someone who is looking at DMS as their children s next school.

Posted February 09, 2011
I am so disappointed in Duncan Middle School. If your child has an issue you are wasting time going to the leadership of the school. They say one thing and do another. You can not depend of them to take care of problems. My child hates school for the first time. They assign so much work in order to catch the kids up. The school district is probably going to be on probation come Aug due to low scores in state testing. Not a good school at all.

Posted January 10, 2011
Bad year this year! My straight A student has also gone WAY down in grades this year. She has NEVER gotten poor grades before except for this year (not ever). Several of her teachers are not telling the kids the grades as they go day by day, so at the report card time it's a big shock. In four of her classes they won't even let her take the book home! One class doesn't even have a book and they have to look it up on a really slow website on the Internet. Also the school lunches are inedible and not nutritious for the kids.

Posted December 27, 2010
The middle school here is just horrible. In one semester my son had been verbally bullied repeatedly, and exposed to language that I'm sure would make the Navy proud (daily) The teachers do nothing to control the situation, but without principal support, what can they do? My son had qualified for the gifted program, and made strait A's until this year, and is now failing 2 subjects. One phone call from his math teacher, but nothing from his the others. They do post grades online, BUT the Science teacher will sit on bad grades so long you have no idea there is a problem till its too late. The teachers got 2 stars cause the math teacher did contact us to get him on track, Could someone explain to me the educational value of coloring pictures of bugs? (6th grade) We are homeschooling now. What a waste of tax dollars.

Duncan Middle School 5

Posted September 18, 2008
A very good small town school with lots of helpful staff. Many advanced learning opportunities for kids.

Duncan Middle School
601 Chisholm Trail Parkway, Duncan, OK  73533
Last modified Duncan Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.