Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Bullying is horrible at this school. Last year a kid was sticking people with needles, in class!!!!

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

They support low level kids, NOT high level. The intelligent kids go into concurrent or votech classes by sophomore year.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The principals at dms are chosen because they are buddies with someone Most have no experience with middle school kids. The majority of them are coming from elementary schools.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The school could care less about your kid unless they are special ed or in football

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Only a handfull truly care. The majority of teachers are just passing through or coaching a sport so they have to "teach" something

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Homework is pointless Worksheets about things my kids will need use or need in real life!

The district only cares about money and sports They dont care about our kids or the teachers

Teachers do not care wether a student fails or not. One actually told my son, " I get paid wether you pass or fail." and just like others have said on here, if your child has problems with bullying or, really ANY kind of problem at all, NO ONE in the leadership of this school could care less.

So far We are LOVING DMS. We are from Lawton Public Schools. Although we really loved LPS. I feel DMS can give more attention to my student. My daughter and son who go there say the teachers are kind and show more interest. They also say there is less drama than larger schools. LPS was super wonderful dealing with my daughters disabilities and DMS has up till now done the same. I have read the other comments and can say that my children do say that some students curse like a sailor (Isn't that everywhere?). What my children appreciate about the teachers ignoring some minor cursing is that the whole classroom is not affected. Sometimes ignoring bad behavior is best for the whole class. As long as my children are happy and are receiving a good education I am happy. I hope this helps someone who is looking at DMS as their children s next school.

I am so disappointed in Duncan Middle School. If your child has an issue you are wasting time going to the leadership of the school. They say one thing and do another. You can not depend of them to take care of problems. My child hates school for the first time. They assign so much work in order to catch the kids up. The school district is probably going to be on probation come Aug due to low scores in state testing. Not a good school at all.

Last modified Duncan Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.