No rating

St Elizabeth Ann Seton

Private | PK-8

Living in Edmond

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $230,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $710.

Posted March 26, 2013

We love this school! My daughter is in Pre-K and is learning so much! This is such a nurturing environment, the teachers and staff are amazing and you can tell they care about each individual student! My brother also goes here and is now in middle school. His classes have been challenging and seem to be well ahead of his friends in public schools for the most part. There also seems to be much more parental involvement than you see in public schools these days, and for a private school the price is very reasonable! If you're looking for a private school in the Edmond/NW OKC area, you should definitely consider this school!

Posted August 30, 2012

I would like to add that the issue that arose was not typical. It was serious and threatened the well being of other children. The principal took a huge risk when handling this situation. It was not until a few parents made a few phone calls to the people above St. Johns that action was taken quickly (the next day the problem was solved). If you have to threaten to take the story public the archdiocese will act (it shouldn't get to that point but this is your child's well being and education). Lawsuits have been filed against this school mostly because of the principals inability to solve a problem. The complaints on this page are valid. Complaining about how one kid is torturing yours is a valid excuse and if I could repeat the complaint that was quickly solved I would but certain legal issues do not allow me to do so ( yes I consulted a lawyer before posting). I want people to understand that walking away is not only disrupting your child's life (being ripped away from your friends is traumatic) but now another child will be taking your child's place since the bully was allowed to stay.

Posted May 15, 2012

My daughter attended SEAS from Pre-K through 8th grade. Welcoming atmosphere, great teachers and infused with the Catholic faith. She is a freshman at Bishop McGuinness and her classmates tell her she is lucky that she is better prepared for high school than they are. My younger son is still at SEAS and loves school. Can't say enough good things about SEAS!!!

Posted April 3, 2012

I am a parent that felt compelled to withdrawal my children from SEAS due to bullying, very dated math tutoring, weak religious education and teachers that would not embrace my children's personal strengths. My daughter personally asked her teacher for more challenging work and I was told that she (the teacher) did not want to stress my daughter out by giving it to her. My daughter also had issues with female classmates pulling down her pants several times-this was attributed to the lack of supervision on the playground. In addition, my son needed a few adjustments made to excel, but I was told that they couldn't make any changes to their current system to help him, because it would've been a distraction to the other students. We were not asking for the moon, I am still frustrated with their reaction. The main lesson I learned from being an involved, volunteering parent... if your child is of average intelligence, can always sit still, does not require any additional help whether it be tutoring or enrichment, this school is for you. However, many kids do not fall into that category, mine did not. I left there with hurt feelings and money wasted.

Posted March 7, 2012

I am a student at Saint Elizabeth's, and I think it is a great school. The academics are great and the teachers enforce the Christian virtues that they teach in their religious classes. My future high school teachers have told me that seas is great for preparing us for high school. They do a great job of praising academic success and helping if students are behind. I don't know why anyone would dislike this school. They also have great athletic equipment and facilities. Not all of the staff is fantastic but none of them are horrible. The homework isn't that bad either. The only reason your child would have tons of homework is because he/she is a slow worker or talks during class. They have also started hiring young which is good. I love this school and don't realize why anyone wouldn't.

Posted March 7, 2012

I am a parent of 2 current students at SEAS and I feel blessed each day I drop them off and pick them up. Our children are receiving a great education (both academically and spiritually). The teachers we have had have gone above and beyond! One of our children has struggled a little bit and his teachers have been on top of it each step of the way. They want our children to be successful ( in all areas of life) just as much as we do. I feel SEAS mirrors the values we have at home. That means everything to us. As for parent involvement, we are both working parents and make time to be at school and volunteer as much as possible. I see much of the same in our classes.

Posted February 27, 2012

I am a parent of three current students at SEAS, one being a middle school student. My husband, myself, and our children have been nothing but pleased with the education, support, and Christian values that we have experienced at St. Elizabeth's. Yes there are some high expectations and rules that are expected to be followed, but if children don't have expectations placed at home AND school, something is lacking. When one of our children was struggling academically, SEAS immediately put a plan into place that provided the additional support he needed. We are very involved parents and I definitely believe that we have gotten out of this school what we wanted for our children, but we have also put the effort into developing relationships with our children's educators. I should also mention that I happen to be a special educator for our local public school, and although I do believe that we are fortunate to have great local schools, having a "moment of silence" at the beginning of the day doesn't cut it for us. Our Catholic faith is top priority in our family and I believe that it should also be the top priority of the people with whom my children spend the majority of their day!

Posted February 15, 2012

The big picture here is really great. Good kids, good teachers, good leadership, very responsive to "input" (even if I don't always get my way) and a staff that could not be more dedicated to your child. I think the school is providing a solid traditional, Catholic education for it's students and it really pays off big time over the long haul. I read about "customer service" and "christian-like principles" in public schools and I am a bit perplexed. This is a Church, not a Business and the parishioner service is excellent by any measure, they teach Catholic Values, a task that is a bit more involved than what they are doing in public school. There is more than great academics to a Catholic Education. Your children gain wisdom grounded in Catholic Values. They learn about forgiveness, humility, self discipline, charity, faith, and so much more. These values combined with great academics create successful people. If you are willing to apply your Catholic Values as your kids attend this school you will find that you have remarkable young men and women as they walk up to get their diploma at the end of a long journey.

Posted November 15, 2011

After 6 years and with much trepidation, we left this school because we felt that something wasnt right, although we couldnt quite put our finger on it. So after 9 weeks at our local public school, seeing how a successful school is operated, we are of the opinion that, not only is this school not great, it may actually be harmful to a child's development. Its pretty sad when a Public School, who is not allowed to mention God's name, does a better job of teach and reinforcing lifeskills such as character and christian-like principles.

Posted October 11, 2011

Every school has issues. You will never be able to find a perfect school and this school is not an exception to that. However, I believe that you get out of something what you put into it. All these parents are complaining that the school needs to change, but I see few, on a day-to-day basis, that actually spend time helping to achieve that. Each one complains of his or her own problems and forgets that working together is key to making a difference! What this school community really needs is increased student-teacher-parent-principal interaction! If you don't like the school for whatever reason, don't just post a review on a blog and sit back and feel better about yourself because you believe you've done some good. To really achieve improvement, we need to come together as a community and discuss/ work out the complaints put forth in these reviews. I'm ready to make a difference!! The question is, how many of these unhappy parents, as well as those who are satisfied, will join me?

Posted October 10, 2011

My son was told to get a haircut. Ok I will follow the rules. Why doesn t staff follow the rules? There is a staff member whose hair is longer than my son s. Several staff break dress code everyday. What example does this set for our kids? Have an issue? It is a waste of time to go to a teacher or aide. The aide will tell you to talk to the teacher, the teacher will tell you to talk to the principal. The principal will ask, did you talk to the teacher? ! Staff looks scared and must be sworn to secrecy. Nothing happens or changes! Disorganization (seen carpool), no leadership or accountability (depending upon your teacher, the rules and expectations can be totally different than the other class), lack of professionalism (teachers complain and seem worn out), defensiveness, and frustration (can someone please tell me how you get a low grade in Library?) At my job, everyone has annual reviews. You are told what your strengths are and what you can improve upon to make the company better. I am also asked to give my suggestions. I wanted a Catholic education for my child, but this won t be it. This school is in desperate need of a thorough make-over.

Posted August 27, 2011

I am not a Parent and I am not a "FORMER" student. I am a student now at SEAS and I have been reading some of these comments. I know my school rules can be dumb sometimes but everything else is pretty good. There is some work needed with only one person.(if you have been to my school you know who it is.) The academics program is amazing. I know that when I go to high school i will be prepared for any work it decides to throw at me. The 6th grade Literature teacher has your child do a Shakespeare play and she is the only 6th grade teacher in the entire state of Oklahoma! This school is worth the tuition!

Posted August 17, 2011

Both my children attend SEAS; both my children love their teachers; both my children's coursework is more advanced than their counterparts at other local public and private schools. Make no mistake, it is a private school. Accommodations will not be made for poor performance, either academically or behaviorally. What this means is that if your child is not catching onto the coursework, the teachers will provide many resouces and activities for you to utilize to help your child. If your child has a behavior issue, the school will work with the parent to provide them tools and skills in improving the behavior AT HOME. The ENTIRE class will not be bogged down due to the poor performance of one; nor will the teacher be expected to spend the bulk of their time with one problem student. This will anger the parent of that child. It makesnthe classroom a learning environment for everyone else. Help is provided for those who ask and are willing to get involved, not expect the school to do it for them. The teachers do everything they can and emphasize the education of the entire student: mind, body, AND soul. I am very pleased with the school and faculty.

Posted July 21, 2011

This school is good if parents are ready to help their children. It is an opened secret, great schools all over America is the handiwork of well educated parents, who valued high academic standard. For me, this school saved my daughter from two years of bully in Edmond public schools. My daughter did well in this school and she seems to be at the same level as her classmates in advanced math. My children love SEAS, their classmates, teachers, and it was a welcomimg evironment for them. The only place in OK where they were known by their names not what their father does.. For improvement, I think parents need to be open to new ideas and the reality of today's world. Sex is on TV, Ipad, Ipod, and everywhere! Charity event in this school is super, fantastic literature class, students need tons of writing practice, and a teacher need to discard 15 years old test (sic) !

Posted June 7, 2011

I had 2 children who graduated from this school. Was very pleased with their experience and found the teachers to be wonderful.

Posted June 2, 2011

I am neither a teacher nor a parent at SEAS but I have seen the level of dedication, commitment and self sacrifice offered by its teachers and staff. Perhaps we should all be asking them how we can best support their efforts to help children reach their full potential while having a clear sense of who they are with the confidence to find their place in the world. Who among us hasn t room for improvement? St. Elizabeth Ann Seton is an excellent school always striving to be better. What can we do to help? Think about it.

Posted May 28, 2011

There are always a few people you will not be able to please no matter what you do. If you are not happy at SEAS, then simply go somewhere else. My experience with this school has been very positive and I would highly recommend it.

Posted May 28, 2011

Having read the reviews posted here, it begs the question: Why are parents disgruntled? Why do they feel they have no recourse but to post on this site? Is it because they get no support or due process from the school? We too, have lived in many different locales and we feel that this is the worst Catholic school we have seen. Every year we we were told "Oh, it will get better next year." And it never did. Looking back on the years and the tuition spent, we wish we could get our money back. We could put it to better use elsewhere.

Posted May 26, 2011

This school is not that great. There are maybe 5 good to great teachers out of the staff of 25. Dont be fooled by the student/teacher ratio listed here. There are 26 kids in each class. The lower elementary classes have part time aides. The upper elem and middle school have to share. The academics and religious education are so-so. The biggest problem with this school is the leadership and the administrative policies. The principle is weak and the rules are inconsistently written and enforced sporadically based on popularity or parental influence. This school maintains a full enrollment because it is the only Catholic School in town and the tuition rates are reasonably low compated to other private schools in the area. There are so many problems that they can't be adequately described in the space provided. You cant do just as well if not better at the public school.

Posted May 24, 2011

I think this is an excellent school. The teachers and administration are exceptional. My daughter loves this school. She is challenged in her classes and is respected by all. This is a special, caring, and friendly environment where students can grow spiritually, emotionally, and academically. This is a Christ-centered and learner-centered school where students can feel good about themselves. Students are very prepared for high school. In fact, high school teachers often comment on the students that come from this school as being some of the most prepared and successful students in their high school.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 5% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Oklahoma City

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

925 South Boulevard Street