Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 28, 2016
Mrs. Geist, the Orchestra Director, has an enormous impact on the children in the music program. Our child is excited to come home and show us the pieces of music that they are learning in school. The love of music that she imparts is an invaluable gift to these kids.

Posted April 28, 2016
My child has been attending Cheyenne since 2014. We have been very impressed by the commitment of the teachers and administration to make sure that students get many opportunities to learn and grow intellectually. The orchestra program is a high point. There was nothing like it where we lived previously. It is amazing to hear the level of musical achievement these kids have reached in less than two years. When we moved to Oklahoma City, we bought a home in Edmond to make sure our child would get the best education possible.

Cheyenne Middle School 1

Posted December 29, 2014
If the only thing you care about as a parent is test scores, then you will love this school.

Posted January 22, 2013
This is our first year at Cheyenne. My child has finished the first semester as a sixth grader. Our experience has been very good. It was a challenge at the beginning as any child starting middle school would have but our child soon got the hang of it. All of the teachers did a wonderful job sending us updates either via email or Edmodo. Edmodo is a wonderful school social network for the teachers, kids and parents. Very helpful to keep all informed and a great venue to ask questions of teachers, etc. Our child was challenged and encouraged. There are so many options for electives as well. Great school!!

Cheyenne Middle School 3

Posted May 12, 2010
They have a new administration this year - principal and asst. principal. All that was good before seems to be gone. Only one teacher sends us updates now; one has stayed behind on grading for most of this semester - a month or more at a time, so we never know a current average - even on report card day! The energy and support for programs - especially the music program - just seems to be gone. Nothing great going on here anymore.

Posted April 19, 2010
They are very good at getting their kids involved in local programs & civic pride...

Posted September 23, 2009
Coming from a small school in Edmond, CHEYENNE has been an awesome school. His teachers keep you updated, and anytime you e-mail them they respond ASAP My son rates every day a 9!! Thanks

Posted August 20, 2009
My child loves this school, but she has trouble with opening her locker. The sixth grade teachers are exellent for what I know and I hope that she enjoys the rest of her year!

Posted March 07, 2009
The staff at this school is beyond awesome! We've got a kid who has needed to grade skip and to have dual enrollments at elementary/middle school and middle school/high school. They will do anything that the kids need - no negativity - just complete support. Everybody gets to learn in this building. I wish we could have had this at the elementary level.

Posted March 27, 2008
Talk about a committed staff. The teachers of '602' students are phenomenal (as are the talented electives staff)! I appreciate all that the teachers do to keep parents informed, firmly but kindly push the students to excel, and show passion for their subjects. The principal is constantly present - in school hallways, extra curricular events, and even answered the general office number (to my happy surprise once)! This is a fantastic school with academics, and lots of extra curricular activities, clubs and teacher help after-hours if needed. If you are considering this school though, please bear in mind that great minds are developed through practice (so yes, there is much homework). As a parent, I have high hopes and expectations for my student's future, and I believe this school is perfect for my son's development.

1271 West Covell Road, Edmond, OK  73003
Last modified Cheyenne Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.