Posted January 22, 2013
This is our first year at Cheyenne. My child has finished the first semester as a sixth grader. Our experience has been very good. It was a challenge at the beginning as any child starting middle school would have but our child soon got the hang of it. All of the teachers did a wonderful job sending us updates either via email or Edmodo. Edmodo is a wonderful school social network for the teachers, kids and parents. Very helpful to keep all informed and a great venue to ask questions of teachers, etc. Our child was challenged and encouraged. There are so many options for electives as well. Great school!!

Cheyenne Middle School 3

Posted May 12, 2010
They have a new administration this year - principal and asst. principal. All that was good before seems to be gone. Only one teacher sends us updates now; one has stayed behind on grading for most of this semester - a month or more at a time, so we never know a current average - even on report card day! The energy and support for programs - especially the music program - just seems to be gone. Nothing great going on here anymore.

Cheyenne Middle School 0

Posted April 19, 2010
They are very good at getting their kids involved in local programs & civic pride...

Posted September 23, 2009
Coming from a small school in Edmond, CHEYENNE has been an awesome school. His teachers keep you updated, and anytime you e-mail them they respond ASAP My son rates every day a 9!! Thanks

Posted August 20, 2009
My child loves this school, but she has trouble with opening her locker. The sixth grade teachers are exellent for what I know and I hope that she enjoys the rest of her year!

Posted March 07, 2009
The staff at this school is beyond awesome! We've got a kid who has needed to grade skip and to have dual enrollments at elementary/middle school and middle school/high school. They will do anything that the kids need - no negativity - just complete support. Everybody gets to learn in this building. I wish we could have had this at the elementary level.

Posted March 27, 2008
Talk about a committed staff. The teachers of '602' students are phenomenal (as are the talented electives staff)! I appreciate all that the teachers do to keep parents informed, firmly but kindly push the students to excel, and show passion for their subjects. The principal is constantly present - in school hallways, extra curricular events, and even answered the general office number (to my happy surprise once)! This is a fantastic school with academics, and lots of extra curricular activities, clubs and teacher help after-hours if needed. If you are considering this school though, please bear in mind that great minds are developed through practice (so yes, there is much homework). As a parent, I have high hopes and expectations for my student's future, and I believe this school is perfect for my son's development.

Posted March 26, 2008

Posted January 09, 2008
This is a really great school. I enjoy attending. The teachers are awesome. This school has made a great impression on me, and I really think this school deserves an A+!

Posted December 11, 2007

Cheyenne Middle School
1271 West Covell Road, Edmond, OK  73003
Last modified Cheyenne Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cheyenne Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top