Bad
Good

I'll temper my review by saying my child does not attend this school. i'm sure it has a lot of great qualities or it wouldn't be rated so highly. However... While looking into the school for our son, the secretary was pretty unaccommodating with me. We are a military family, and have to move often with no knowledge or connections to any schools (we are constantly having to choose schools/neighborhoods over the internet, which is extremely difficult). I flew to the OKC area for a special trip to research schools, and before I left I called this school to inquire about a tour or just coming in for some information. Not only did the secretary tell me she would not let me take a tour, she didn't even want me to come in and get any information. She said I would have to wait until I was registered. I tried to explain that we were coming from out of state, and our son has some unique educational needs, and we were trying to find neighborhoods based on whether the schools had the programs he needed. She just told me I would have to move there, register for the school and then I could get an "orientation". She tried the "our principal is busy" excuse. All principals are busy, but every other school I talked to was incredibly welcoming when I explained our situation. While I understand the schools are busy, I think a school that guards its practices from prospective parents is hiding something. Out of 10 schools I researched, this was the only one that gave me any trouble at all. I actually think the front office staff plays a huge part in the culture of the school, and the way I was treated over the phone gave me immediate reservations.

Rose Union is an excellent school with a friendly atmosphere for students as well as visitors. The staff has high expectations for themselves and their students. The Principal is very friendly, great with the kids, and has a wonderful vision for the future of this campus. She is dedicated to making the outdoor environment a learning opportunity. Great improvements will be made in the next year!

New to the school but so far very clean and seems very well organized.

The most knowledgable, caring educators with dedicated parents of students with a hunger to learn!

Rose Union Elementary is a school filled with dedicated teachers who love working with children! We are fortunate to have wonderful parents who enjoy donating their time and financial supoort to the school. I truly enjoy coming to work each day and feel surrounded by people who feel the same. I am lucky my two children have such a great place to grow and learn!

Everyone works together as a team to make our school the best for kids!

Last modified Rose Union Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.