Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

First time EVER writing a review for ANYBODY! My son who WAS a student at Wf we had cconcerns requested testing Incidents kept occurring at the school My son was ALSO bullied pushed in mud covered from head to toe. Our son told us he was pushed from behind, no teacher witnessed the incident. On the first week or so of school my son was left in the bathroom through lunch crying because he was left behind by staff. Staff didn't find him until after recess. Recess is unsupervised/ little supervision (1 staff at recess).. he came home complaining how kids were taking his lunch I emailed his teacher the problem didn't get fixed I witnessed students rambling through his lunch box taking things out (which I stopped) for the time being. Son came home and told me he sat in office all through lunch and recess I asked why he said they asked him questions I thought maybe they were starting the testing but after he told the line of questioning they asked I knew for a fact it had nothing to do with testing. They were walking him personal questions about his home life I said enough is enough typed up a letter to the board but never sent it, next week or so about halfway through till the deadline of when the test has to be done I get a call from the principal Saying I live out of district and I had 2 days to bring in a bill W/ my name on it or they would pull him from roll! 2 days to add my name on a bill and bring it in o(I had another address which I had electricity cut on for a friend which is why she said I was out of district) THIS was never a problem at enrollment I provided them with a lease, with 3 adults 2 children (which are my kids) and a utility bill. Name on bill matched an occupant that lived with me. Went in to meet with the principal LISA CROSSLIN said it was LAW that a bill has to be in YOUR NAME to go to school. I offered my landlords number to verify I live at such address I waited almost an hour to speak with her she approached me in Mid office in front of secretarys staff and, students that was in the clinic this was my kids sec year at WS he went half a day last year and told me the testing couldn't be done because he was only going half a day PLEASE avoid this school

We have had the worst experience at West Field. First, our son was being bullied and he came home with scratches down his arm. This was after two other occasions and we never received any communication. Second, and most importantly, our son was supposed to go to after school care and the teacher put him in the wrong line and he was sent home on the bus. He sat outside of our house by himself for over an our before a stranger approached him and asked if he needed help. Lastly, he was sick and went to the nurses office where they told him to lay down for a minute. They didn't feel his forehead or take his temperature and he came home with a temperature of 104.2. The principal is extremely difficult to communicate with and gets extremely defensive. They have little regard for the safety of the children.

Loved this school for both of our kids from K-5! Great teachers and programs to include all kids and encourage all students to learn. They follow the West Field creed and have strong leadership throughout. We will miss this elementary school as we head off to middle and high school!

I don't see any recent reviews, so I thought I would share my current experience. We are a military family (and I am a former teacher), so you can say that I have experienced many schools. I love West Field, and my children do, too. I cannot say enough wonderful things about their teachers AND classmates. They feel safe and smart and important. My only complaint is that the principal doesn't seem to be visible or "in the halls." I did not even know who she was until the third month of volunteering. I'm there once a week, and have seen her once. The lack of her presence has not affected my kids' education or self-worth in the school's environment, so I won't let it lower my rating.

This is an amazing school! The teachers and staff go above and beyond to meet the needs of all students.

We were so exited to attend West Field elementary since it was brand-new and beautiful. We are so disappointed that the inside does not match. I would agree with the other parents on here who rated it as lackluster. It is the least compassionate place I've ever had my children. The biggest problem is the administration and the lack of consistent and consistently-channeled communication with parents. Personally, I have had two teachers tell me about internal problems with administrative infighting. The school seems very disorganized. It seems there is a hair-on-fire approach to management, both at the school level and sometimes at the classroom level. The amount of worksheet-based homework is intolerable, inane and unimaginative. The penalties for even the slightest misbehavior do not seem to match logical consequences. The ever-changing rules and procedures are ridiculous. The goal of education is to elevate a child s mind, not crush her spirit. Children remaining completely sedentary cranking out worksheets like little automatons is the latter. Despite all the preaching about the value of reading and writing, school-produced flyers and newsletters are rife with error.

We thought this was a pretty good school until we moved and discovered that our children were VERY far behind!

I am in the military and my child attended this school for 3 years. The teachers he had were wonderful and really cared about him and his learning. They all helped him to excel academically even when he was struggling. His teachers were passionate with what they do. The staff was always friendly when I came to the school. The students and teachers take pride in their school. I like the location of the school which is surrounded by some really nice neighborhoods. The building still seems brand new and you get a welcoming feeling when you enter. This is one of the nicest public schools I have ever seen. But inside those walls, I have no doubt that my child received a good education. My child and I were very pleased with our West Field experience!

We love West Field! My children have had wonderful, caring teachers. They communicate through weekly communication through folders, emails and newsletters. We always know what is going on. They have been more than willing to help my son thrive in his academics and social skills. There are plenty of opportunities for parents to volunteer and visit their child at school. The school atmosphere it that of a mutual respect among the teacher, administrators and students. It is a great place for children to learn.

The school has some great teachers, although not everyone seems on the same page. Some teachers post spelling lists, etc on line while others don't and I'm not sure my child's teacher grades all of his work. Parent and Admin communication is not good. The principal is rarely there, will not return a call and if you do have a concern it gets turned around so that it's your problem and not the schools...could not be. lol. We've been here since the school opened and have seen a big change in the atmosphere since the new principal came.

Last modified West Field Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.