Posted March 06, 2012
This is an amazing school! The teachers and staff go above and beyond to meet the needs of all students.

West Field Elementary School 2

Posted March 02, 2012
We were so exited to attend West Field elementary since it was brand-new and beautiful. We are so disappointed that the inside does not match. I would agree with the other parents on here who rated it as lackluster. It is the least compassionate place I've ever had my children. The biggest problem is the administration and the lack of consistent and consistently-channeled communication with parents. Personally, I have had two teachers tell me about internal problems with administrative infighting. The school seems very disorganized. It seems there is a hair-on-fire approach to management, both at the school level and sometimes at the classroom level. The amount of worksheet-based homework is intolerable, inane and unimaginative. The penalties for even the slightest misbehavior do not seem to match logical consequences. The ever-changing rules and procedures are ridiculous. The goal of education is to elevate a child s mind, not crush her spirit. Children remaining completely sedentary cranking out worksheets like little automatons is the latter. Despite all the preaching about the value of reading and writing, school-produced flyers and newsletters are rife with error.

West Field Elementary School 2

Posted October 02, 2011
We thought this was a pretty good school until we moved and discovered that our children were VERY far behind!

Posted May 12, 2010
I am in the military and my child attended this school for 3 years. The teachers he had were wonderful and really cared about him and his learning. They all helped him to excel academically even when he was struggling. His teachers were passionate with what they do. The staff was always friendly when I came to the school. The students and teachers take pride in their school. I like the location of the school which is surrounded by some really nice neighborhoods. The building still seems brand new and you get a welcoming feeling when you enter. This is one of the nicest public schools I have ever seen. But inside those walls, I have no doubt that my child received a good education. My child and I were very pleased with our West Field experience!

Posted April 25, 2010
We love West Field! My children have had wonderful, caring teachers. They communicate through weekly communication through folders, emails and newsletters. We always know what is going on. They have been more than willing to help my son thrive in his academics and social skills. There are plenty of opportunities for parents to volunteer and visit their child at school. The school atmosphere it that of a mutual respect among the teacher, administrators and students. It is a great place for children to learn.

West Field Elementary School 4

Posted April 06, 2010
The school has some great teachers, although not everyone seems on the same page. Some teachers post spelling lists, etc on line while others don't and I'm not sure my child's teacher grades all of his work. Parent and Admin communication is not good. The principal is rarely there, will not return a call and if you do have a concern it gets turned around so that it's your problem and not the schools...could not be. lol. We've been here since the school opened and have seen a big change in the atmosphere since the new principal came.

West Field Elementary School 3

Posted March 16, 2010
Everyone thinks this school is just great, but IMO it's pretty lackluster. I wish there was more communication from the teachers and a better overview of the curriculum and sharing of the lesson plans (or other detailed information). I don't think this school challenges the children at all. Everyone is wowed by the shiny new building, but that's about all there is to be amazed about. Next year they're brining in twelve portable classrooms to meet the needs of the surrounding developments.

Posted December 03, 2009
Having moved here with 2 boys on IEPs, I was astounded by the level of compassion and willingness to work with me encountered. This school and district went above and beyond what I had hoped and prayed for. The teachers are great and the principal is one of the best that I have ever had the pleasure of working with!

Posted October 09, 2009
I have had my son at West Field for 2 years. We have been amazed with this school! Highest recommendation. The only area I can be critical of is the pick up lines. :)

Posted July 26, 2009
My son has been at West Field for 2 years, after having moved in from another district. We love West Field! There is a lot of diversity among the students, which was important to me. Anytime I've been to visit the school the students seem happy, respectful, and proud to be 'West Field Wildcats.' Both teachers we've had have been fantastic. I have not yet talked to a single parent who has been unhappy with their child's teacher at West Field. All I've heard from other parents is, 'It doesn't matter which teacher your child gets next year. They're all good.' Academically and socially, my very shy son is thriving. This school is also very good at communicating with working parents who are unable to spend a lot of time at the school.

West Field Elementary School
17601 North Pennsylvania Avenue, Edmond, OK  73012
Last modified West Field Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Field Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top