Deer Creek Elementary School 4

Posted August 16, 2013
This school has everything going for it; teachers who care, staff who go the extra mile, and parents who participate. The only problem is a big one and it's Common Core. If they implement Common Core, the teachers might as well be replaced with robots, because you can't teach you will just be facilitating what Washington DC wants your children to repeat.

Deer Creek Elementary School 1

Posted August 15, 2013
Do not recommend this school, have a preschooler who goes here and everything about the school is very unorganized. Little pre-schoolers and kindergartens are getting trampled by older students on pick up and drop off. Office staff seems not to care and are ignorant to their surroundings. Parents are scrabbling all over the place pushing and shoving.

Posted November 17, 2009
We loved the school under Debbie Straughn's leadership. She was the best principal we ever had. We miss her!!!!!!

Posted October 05, 2009
The teachers, staff and parents all work together to make it the best learning environment possible for the kids. There is even an 'outdoor classroom' where the kids learn about nature!!

Deer Creek Elementary School 0

Posted October 04, 2009
I love the LOVE & LOGIC programs this Elementary has.... BOTH my kids went through this school, and have a lot more knowledge about a strong foundation of morals and ethics.

Deer Creek Elementary School 0

Posted May 02, 2008
Debbie Straughn and her staff our exemplary. We appreciation the dedication by the educators teaching our children.

Posted February 28, 2008
This is a school for parents looking for strong academics in a positive envirnment and fleeing from the 'progressive' 80's style education. I feel the time spent 'teaching to the test' was low because the curriculum is good. The Great Expectations program is phenomenal! My children thrived here! If you want a 'child centered', 'self esteem' focused education try out Deer Creek's Rose Union Elementary.

Deer Creek Elementary School 2

Posted November 19, 2007
I do not have any other school to compare DCES with other than a small private school. According to API scores the school is great. They teach to scores not at all a school for developmentally appropriate studies for elementary aged children.

Posted November 01, 2007
I love our school. I am a teacher at Deer Creek Elementary and this is the best staff I have had the opportunity to work with. Everyone is positive and gets along great. Our principal Straughn does a great job at hiring staff. We love her.

Posted April 09, 2007
This is our first year at Deer Creek and we are pleased. I would like to see more extracurricular activities for students under the fifth grade.

Deer Creek Elementary School
4704 Northwest 164th Street, Edmond, OK  73013
Last modified Deer Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Deer Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top