Bad
Good

I am really ashamed to be a deer creek student. i moved here 2 years ago and I came here hoping that my life would be so much better, but no I was fooled. Kids are not welcoming at all. They are plain materialistic. They don't even try to make friends with the new people. And if you ask to sit with them at lunch, they might even say no to your face. This is just from my experience and this school is only decent if you have been here since elementary. Your just another number here and the staff treats me badly. I do not look forward to coming to school everyday. It's plain miserable. I heard great stuff about deer creek before I moved here. Nothing exciting.

Deer Creek HS, and the district as a whole is one of the best in the entire State. (There is no debating that.) When looking at overall ratings/rankings that are typically published at the /state, or national level.....the district never rates at the very top. However, it is for one reason..and one reason only. Those Ratings/Rankings use student "diversity" as a heavily weighted measure of the overall ranking. So, just because Deer Creek does not have a high percentage of minorities and or students of diverse ethnic backgrounds, they are punished in the ratings. So, you are welcome to interpret that however you so choose. Majority of the student make up, does include children of some of the wealthiest families in Oklahoma, so those who are not use to being around the "Country Club" type "rat race/mentality" see it as a bad thing...and have obviously complained about it on this site. So, as you can see...these have really been the only concerns......lack of diversity, and challenges of not being accepted by the uber wealthy. But strictly from an education standpoint...Deer Creek schools are the cream of the crop not only in Oklahoma City..but in the entire State. Period.

DCHS is an okay school. The Fine Arts Department is incredible along with the new Performing Arts center. The musicals / plays put on by DCHS are amazing and the students in them are as talented as people on Broadway. There's quite a few great teachers. Those are basically the only positive things about DCHS. The vast majority of the students here are rich snobs who only care about looks and popularity. If you're not rich, a cheerleader or in other sports, attractive, or dressing fancy then you are not popular and nobody will talk to you except for other people who are like you. The popular crowd doesn't dare talk to anyone else. Quite a few people smoke weed here and there are drug tests all the time. Bullying is never taken completely seriously. There are occasionally fights in the cafeteria but they get broken up. The dress code policy is dumb. Only Pre-AP/AP classes are good.

I graduated Deer Creek High school with the class of 2014. Ever since kindergarten I have gone to Deer Creek schools. I can say nothing negative about Deer Creek. The level of education is very high and athletics are the very best. I took pride playing football, wrestling and track for this great school. Everyone is very friendly and the friendships I made will last forever. I looked forward to coming to school everyday knowing I would be making myself stronger, mentally and physically. And it most certainly did. I highly recommend sending your son or daughter to get a education at this school. Now, I'm a United States Marine. Looking back on my life before the one I have now, I thought to myself that I was so blessed to go to Deer Creek.

I have been nothing but extremely impressed with Deer Creek High School. We have a daughter here and 2 more not far behind. The experience my daughter has had so far has been world class. Academics, Sports, Art, Music, Facilities and Staff are outstanding. The district is going quickly and I feel that the board has been very proactive in addressing the concerns felt by such a quickly growing district.

No school is perfect or without its issues, that being said I can honestly say that in my opinion the bad parent/student reviews given on your sight are coming from not knowing or having experienced a school district that has real deficiencies in quality facilities, staff, educators, safety, athletics, leadership... etc.... but most importantly in quality education and programs/support for student post graduation success and continued education. Trust me folks, this school is BLUE RIBBON TOP 10 PUBLIC HIGH SCHOOL IN THE STATE. DCHS has a student body with extremely high percentage of the students in above average intelligence range so the expectations are not average... and that is the best kind of problem for a school to have. I am extremely proud to have had my child graduate high school from Deer Creek High School, and I also have the highest standards. The staff was not my favorite many times, but overall there should be great pride in attending this school district IMO.

If it was possible to give this place a negative number of stars I would.

I was a sophomore last year at DCHS. Deer Creek High School is a school with few fights and generally nice students. It seems that the school will change in the coming years, with many apartments being built nearby. Deer Creek High School is lacking a true arts program. There is a band and choir, but not much else. All plays are put on with cheap, reused sets that require a lot of imagination input from the audience. The band only exists to play for the football games. Although an arts building was (finally) built, the many efforts of students and parents to start an orchestra have all been denied. The NHS program is extremely disorganized, with all work hours recorded on slips of paper that get lost often by the students in charge. If they could, Deer Creek would become a sports academy. Academics are lacking, and discipline is practically non-existent, but public schools everywhere are going downhill. This small school is a good school to hide in as a shy person; you won't get beat up. (this may change with the new crowd drawn by apartments)

I graduated from Deer Creek, class of 2012. I had quite a few great teachers and many unforgettable memories. Deer Creek helped me prepare for College more then I wanted to believe while I was still in high school. The worst part is really the other students. They make it easy to change classes at the beginning of the year.

I graduated in 2011. Deer creek is one of those schools where you need to imagine the stereotypical Hollywood high school. It's full of clicks with the wealthiest at top. Overall from a student body experience, I hated it at Deer Creek to the point I begged my parents to let me transfer out. Most of my problems came from being in band. I was out-casted by my peers for joining band. To make matters worse I was harassed from my freshman year to senior year by the band members and the band director. I was told by the principals that I deserved and earned the way I was talked to and treated. After being threatened by the band director and other incidents the school finally removed me from band because my safety became an issue of liability to the school. However not everything about Deer Creek is bad. There are new principals since I've graduated, and some of the teachers there cannot be replaced by any teacher. AP 4 English, the AP Chemistry teacher are amazing examples of the education a child can receive. However, there are only a few teachers like them in the entire district that I know of. When there are other schools like Piedmont around, I would honestly recommend them over DC.

Last modified Deer Creek High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.