Posted August 17, 2014
If it was possible to give this place a negative number of stars I would.

Deer Creek High School 3

Posted June 24, 2013
I was a sophomore last year at DCHS. Deer Creek High School is a school with few fights and generally nice students. It seems that the school will change in the coming years, with many apartments being built nearby. Deer Creek High School is lacking a true arts program. There is a band and choir, but not much else. All plays are put on with cheap, reused sets that require a lot of imagination input from the audience. The band only exists to play for the football games. Although an arts building was (finally) built, the many efforts of students and parents to start an orchestra have all been denied. The NHS program is extremely disorganized, with all work hours recorded on slips of paper that get lost often by the students in charge. If they could, Deer Creek would become a sports academy. Academics are lacking, and discipline is practically non-existent, but public schools everywhere are going downhill. This small school is a good school to hide in as a shy person; you won't get beat up. (this may change with the new crowd drawn by apartments)

Deer Creek High School 5

Posted February 19, 2013
I graduated from Deer Creek, class of 2012. I had quite a few great teachers and many unforgettable memories. Deer Creek helped me prepare for College more then I wanted to believe while I was still in high school. The worst part is really the other students. They make it easy to change classes at the beginning of the year.

Posted December 16, 2012
I graduated in 2011. Deer creek is one of those schools where you need to imagine the stereotypical Hollywood high school. It's full of clicks with the wealthiest at top. Overall from a student body experience, I hated it at Deer Creek to the point I begged my parents to let me transfer out. Most of my problems came from being in band. I was out-casted by my peers for joining band. To make matters worse I was harassed from my freshman year to senior year by the band members and the band director. I was told by the principals that I deserved and earned the way I was talked to and treated. After being threatened by the band director and other incidents the school finally removed me from band because my safety became an issue of liability to the school. However not everything about Deer Creek is bad. There are new principals since I've graduated, and some of the teachers there cannot be replaced by any teacher. AP 4 English, the AP Chemistry teacher are amazing examples of the education a child can receive. However, there are only a few teachers like them in the entire district that I know of. When there are other schools like Piedmont around, I would honestly recommend them over DC.

Deer Creek High School 4

Posted October 04, 2012
Deer Creek is a good school. This is a school where you have to make it your own, and as soon as you do, you love it. There are many clubs to join, and friends are plentiful.

Posted May 31, 2011
As a student of this school myself, I can't say that I particularly hate this school... however, I do dislike it at times. The administration is all over the place; sometimes I wonder if they even know what they're doing. Consistency is a little problem also. For example, a teacher might be 2 weeks ahead in the curriculum compared to another teacher of the exact same subject. Also, the school makes it incredibly hard for someone to enroll in many advanced classes... most oftentimes, an administrator or a person of likewise standing will speak to you about your apparently "poor" decision. Seriously, if I want to challenge myself and think I can handle it and even went through the trouble of enrolling in all of these difficult classes, I'm pretty sure I would want to be in them. Sports are placed above academics at this school as can be seen in the abundance of sports award ceremonies and the scarceness of academic award ceremonies. All of these examples serve as irrefutable evidence in my observance of this school and its workings.

Posted March 01, 2011
As a sophomore student from Deer Creek High School myself, I am here to tell you that Deer Creek charges a fortune for every possible thing that they can and the teachers act like they really don't want to be there, thus not educating us very well. I don't think that the school district uses the money wisely and the cliques are so awful that outsiders can look at a student from this school and can tell that they go to Deer Creek. As soon as i get my drivers license, I will not be attending this school anymore. Staff worry more about making money than actually educating us. They hand us text books and basically thats the only way we learn. I definately don't feel as if Deer Creek is a family, and I won't go to any football games etc, because I don't want to opponent to see me as "one of those Deer Creek girls." I am really ashamed to be a Deer Creek student.

Posted January 24, 2011
School board is a total joke with good ole boy system firmly entrenched and fraudulent dealings run rampant. If your son wants to play baseball you had better ante up some money for the head coach or no play. Teachers are all new with 1 out 10 being competent. Parents even have their own cliques and are shall we say way over the top. Disgusting

Deer Creek High School 2

Posted November 19, 2010
We moved here in Summer of 2010. Given the hype about how this school was up and coming and all the talk of "community", we are pretty let down. I doubt if my daughter could handle another school change or we would move to Edmond North. One small feather in this schools cap is they seem to have a good principal but the superintendent actually said he was "not into academics" at a presentation: he likes sports instead. The school and school district are in a bit of an ad-lib mode and function somewhat without a real strategy. Still they will get a multimillion dollar football stadium and Oklahoma will still lag far behind the nation in college graduates but lead in football.

Deer Creek High School 3

Posted March 12, 2010
I moved here from Putnam City Schools this year. The teachers are great, and the sports programs are good too! However, there are too many students in most of my classes, and it feels really crowded. Students are in very tight 'cliques', and the discipline program could use a little lift also, but overall the school is okay.

Deer Creek High School
6101 Northwest 206th Street, Edmond, OK  73012
Last modified Deer Creek High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Deer Creek High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top