Bad
Good

Hit and miss at Chisholm. Some teachers are world-class - so wonderful your child will remember them their entire lives. Some teachers are dialing it in. A few have no business working with children. The principal seems like a man who genuinely cares, but is overwhelmed by a school this large. The front desk ladies either like you or they don't. If they don't, be prepared for some cold stares, aloof eye rolls and dismissive help, at best. The main thing with this school is that it's large. 5 grades x 5 classes per grade = a lot of kids. Some kids will get lost in the shuffle. Many classes are open (no walls), so chaos and commotion is common. From a purely educational standpoint, this is a good school. From a nurturing and social POV, it's a roll of the dice. You might have a perfectly lovely experience. You might get a bad apple.

My child was transferred to Chisholm because their previous elementary no longer has the special education program he needs. The first 2 years were touch and go, but this year (with a new teacher) has been fantastic. One thing that has remained consistent is the great leadership given by the principal. He is also great about addressing any concerns or problems, should they arise. Overall, a very good experience.

The atmosphere at this school is unlike any other. The principal is visible and an active participant in dismissal everyday. The new assistant principal goes above and beyond to make sure ALL students are taken care of. The way both administrators handled the new law dealing with 3rd grade retention based on testing was nothing but heartfelt and genuine compassion. My experience has seen teachers go out of their way help all students learn. The secretaries are examples of what all office staff should be around the district. The traditions set in place here are what make my children feel part of something great. I have to agree!

If your child has any type of special needs, be prepared to be pushed out of this school. In May, I promised Mr. Higdon I would do everything in my power to transfer our children to a different school, which is exactly what he wanted. Nonetheless, I made good on my promise. Our children now attend another 10-star school and have received nothing but praise and encouragement; the exact opposite of our experience at Chisholm. We are extremely pleased with our transfer and our children are receiving a top-notch education from teachers who genuinely care about their students.

Chisholm Elementary was a wonderful experience for my entire family and I. I have two children that attended Chisholm and they adored all four years (2008 - 2012)!!!! We would still be Chisholm Chargers if we had not had to move out of state. I was a proud parent and PTO member. I loved the teachers, principals and the administrative staff. It was truly an experience like no other... A wonderful school!!!!!

My daughter had a wonderful experience at Chisholm! Her teachers were excellent and went out of their way to ensure the individual needs of the students were met. I also feel that the teachers did an excellent job of keeping me informed on my child's progress. The principal and office staff were always friendly and welcoming. I felt like I was always well informed of school events, and functions. There were also a great deal of opportunities for parental involvment. Chisholm is a wonderful school and I highly recommend it.

The person below insults parents who leave honest feed back, this leads me to think it is indeed a teacher that wrote the comment. The insults hurled usually are to the parents if the child does not perform to the "norm" - School is clean however SOME of the teachers ARE NOT welcoming! If your child is an A student and has no problems understanding then all is well at this school.

I have two sons at this school. It is fantastic. The quality of work my children do is excellent. Their teachers have always been very interested in their success and do an excellent job of communicating with us. The school is always clean and the staff present a positive attitude when they welcome my boys out of the car in the morning. Mr. Higdon the new Vice Principal is always there when I drop my kids off and when I pick them up. My only problem so far is the parents inability to follow directions in the morning/afternoon when dropping/picking their kids off/up. My guess is that the last review is from one of "those people." ;-)

Many of my grandchildren have attended Chisholm. Those first years set the course for sucess at all levels of their educations.

Excellent teachers! Mrs. Graham is a wonderful principal that gets involved in so many ways! Mr. Higdon the new Vice Principal is a great addition to the Chisholm family! Excellent test scores!

Last modified Chisholm Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.