Edmond, OK
Students enrolled: 2,127
After care: No

Memorial High School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
Good I move different school because we have different classes and lunch and I science this semester and last semester I have biology and English

Memorial High School 1

Posted October 04, 2012
I have a problem that seems to be happening at almost every school I thought about sending my child. Schools are more and more starting to look like prison. Bars, cameras, cops with guns or sticks, dogs, tire blowout chains, and parking bars. My son would have went to Memorial but I honestly couldn't send him to jail. I see that nearby small school Jones has an on duty guard and swipe badges for students to be let in doors. I can't abide by that either. I looked for and found the most open, free thinking, progressive school i could find. Perhaps it's this way because it doesn't have the funding Edmond has. Perhaps I'm wishing for a 1950's school that doesn't exist anymore. My son made A's at Will Rogers & Central. I just don't care for this level of 'control'. Anyway, Will Rogers was fine, Central was as well but I just couldn't tolerate the control, drug testing, guilty until proven innocent. sigh............

Posted November 16, 2011
I student taught here in Vocal Music and Memorial is known state-wide as being one of the best high schools in the state for their music programs, including band and orchestra. I can't speak for the classes, but I can speak about the students I came into contact with everyday. They came from all walks of life, behaved appropriately, had great attitudes and a sincere desire to succeed. Granted, that was in choir, a class that they chose to take, but I can imagine it would carry over to their core curriculum classes.

Memorial High School

Posted September 16, 2009
Memorial school is the best with the best teachers and students

Memorial High School 3

Posted April 18, 2006
Most of the teachers are very involved in the learning process of my child. Most are wonderful! Principal, assistant principal very nice and helpful. Lots of skills offered and most teachers are excited about teaching and try hard to get to know the teens they teach. They only offer l photographer to take pictures, we need a choice on this. Lunches are good.

Posted February 19, 2006
Im not a parent, I am a former student. Memorial was a great school. Lots of AP classes, highest average ACT score in the state, and lots of great sports. By far the best school in Edmond and the state.

Posted February 19, 2006
There is a wide variety of activities in sports and music. Teachers are good.

Posted March 24, 2005
I have one daughter who graduated from Memorial and a son who is presently a junior. Opportunities abound at this school. There is something for everyone from academics to sports to performing arts. I must admit that I am a little biased because I teach at Memorial but as a parent I could not be more pleased about my own children's education here.

Posted August 28, 2004
Great high school. 2 kids through there. Active participation by teachers and counsellors for kids to succeed. Lots of resources for academic, sports and the arts. Fantastic music, drama and performance program to enhance the sholastic life. Allows for concurrent college enrollment if the student works through the AP course offerings. Dynamic environment with new teachers and administrators moving through and being promoted. Remodelled buildings are up to date. #1 in the State in many categories. Highest average SAT scores. Minimal or no disruptive gang or bad elements to contend with.

Posted August 26, 2003
extremely good music and drama department for a public school. 3 kids through there, the boys could participate in sports and our daughter was very involved in music and drama as were our niece and nephew.

Memorial High School
1000 East 15th Street, Edmond, OK  73013
Last modified Memorial High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Memorial High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top