Bad
Good

Good I move different school because we have different classes and lunch and I science this semester and last semester I have biology and English

I recommend this school highly. We have lived in three other states, and the Edmond schools are wonderful, in particular Memorial High. Teachers are above average and the curriculum is sound! I have only one major complaint. The reception in the fron office is horrible! You walk in, no one speaks, student helpers are too busy on their smart phones to receive anyone and the ladies in the back are mean and actually chestize you as if you were 15 years old if you have questions about picking your child up. I have been there 3 times and had this happen to me each time. It is disrespectful to parents, especially those who work full-time, who have to pick up their children for any reason to be treated this foully. We are not all stay at home moms who have fairly open schedules. It is sad that I would have to write this note when at the same time I am a devoted Memorial Bulldog Fan!! I am only hoping that it will jolt administration to only place individuals in that front office who are cordial, helpful, happy and friendly. Please do away with the students who are having a love affair with their iPhones instead of working or greeting the public.

I have a problem that seems to be happening at almost every school I thought about sending my child. Schools are more and more starting to look like prison. Bars, cameras, cops with guns or sticks, dogs, tire blowout chains, and parking bars. My son would have went to Memorial but I honestly couldn't send him to jail. I see that nearby small school Jones has an on duty guard and swipe badges for students to be let in doors. I can't abide by that either. I looked for and found the most open, free thinking, progressive school i could find. Perhaps it's this way because it doesn't have the funding Edmond has. Perhaps I'm wishing for a 1950's school that doesn't exist anymore. My son made A's at Will Rogers & Central. I just don't care for this level of 'control'. Anyway, Will Rogers was fine, Central was as well but I just couldn't tolerate the control, drug testing, guilty until proven innocent. sigh............

I student taught here in Vocal Music and Memorial is known state-wide as being one of the best high schools in the state for their music programs, including band and orchestra. I can't speak for the classes, but I can speak about the students I came into contact with everyday. They came from all walks of life, behaved appropriately, had great attitudes and a sincere desire to succeed. Granted, that was in choir, a class that they chose to take, but I can imagine it would carry over to their core curriculum classes.

Memorial school is the best with the best teachers and students

Last modified Memorial High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.