Bad
Good

Great school. Having taught there for 26 years, it has had it's changes. Out of all the middle schools in Edmond, this is the one I would always recommend no matter what. It has great students, faculty and staff.

The teachers are fantastic, but the students are very rude nowadays. A lot of bullies go on in school yet the principal won't do anything about it but the vice principal does. A lot of students there are very educated. I was a student there once; my 8th grade teachers were awesome and I found my real friends there. Beware of busy hallways and teachers being very strict about being tardy(only some teachers). Do not worry about your child on the first day of school, he or she will do fantastic on the first day of 6th grade.

Everybody is so friendly. It's not such a stuggle fitting in. All of my siblings went to Cimarron for middle school. All of us have been successful in what we wanted to achieve. The teachers taught us that it's okay to ask questions if you don't understand.

All my children have been to Cimmaron, and they all agree it was better than high school and elementary school. This school has given my family great joy! I recommend this school to all!

The new principal, Mr. North, is a joy-- and a huge, fresh, new (sorely needed) addition to Cimarron. I've found the majority of teachers this year to be outstanding and really know my child. The halls are orderly and the climate seems to have taken a turn for the better-- not just settling for, as the previous posts state... mediocrity. Time will tell.

Conformity is definitely key here. Do not allow your child to think outside of the box. Only 2 activities that involve after school for children that are not athletic, and one involves being voted in. They are overly concerned with appearances- not particulary the children, but the administration. The education aspect is decent, the teachers try hard once you take the initiative to find and converse with them. The administration has nothing to do with the family or child unless there is a problem. I was raised in Edmond, attended this school even, and am sorely disappointed at what Edmond has turned into. Cimarron alone has convinced me to sell my house and move out of district to ensure my children get a decent education with a school that truly tries.

Mediocrity at its best! This school could be so much more. but the path to mediocrity seems too inviting for the leadership. Not welcoming at all!

Mediocrity rules in all areas! The leadership is poorly lacking and do not seem to ever encourage parent involvement. Our child has not been challenged much at all. It could be soooo much more!

My daughter loves cimarron. She comes home everyday talking about her teachers and all the fun stuff they did. Ive met her teachers and they are all very active in cimarron.

This overall is a great school. The teachers are amazing. This school is very safe and well obeyed. As I said the teachers are all very helpful and are great leaders. This school also has a great academic team and good coaches for sporty children.

Last modified Cimarron Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.