Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted July 07, 2016
My oldest son has been at Ida since the end of kindergarten and is now going into the 4th grade. My youngest has been at Ida since his first day of kinder and is now going into 2nd grade. When we first moved to Oklahoma we chose Edmond because we heard about how wonderful their schools are. When we found a house to rent it was in the Ida Freeman district, I was extremely disappointed. Mind you I was looking at their good school rating and not talking to families around the neighborhood. Let's just say my disappointment was shortly lived. Ida is a school that is TRULY over looked. The principal, teachers, and staff are all so wonderful. The messages, knowledge, and values they are teaching there go above and beyond. When we decided to build our home, we actually chose a neighborhood that would still be in the Ida district. That's how much we love this school and all involved in our children's learning experience. You know the old phrase "the one to watch"??? I'm telling you now Ida Freeman is the one to watch. This school is going to new hights, and my family is glade to go along for the ride at they reach the top.

Ida Freeman Elementary School 3

Posted December 25, 2014
Ida Freeman has turned out to be a wonderful school! My daughter has had the best teachers . The Principal has brought this school to a new level of excellence. It's been great!

Ida Freeman Elementary School 1

Posted July 31, 2014
This school needs major improvement my daughter had a bad experience here last year there is lots of rough housing and bullying going on some kids hit other kids at recess and its not much done about it.I'm looking forward to moving out of this schools Boundaries soon! I love Edmond but this is probably the least desired school for parents to send their kids to. The discipline and academics are seriously lacking

Posted June 04, 2014
I've had 3 kids at Ida Freeman Elementary. We've loved having our kids there. It's a smaller school in Edmond and has a diverse population. I've honestly never had a teacher that I didn't love & the new principal & assistant principal have made a huge difference this past year. We love being connected at Ida!!

Posted June 03, 2014
My family has an active duty military parent. We had the pleasure of sending our 2 sons to Ida Freeman! The walls of this school are bursting with positive energy! We enjoyed both years and the teachers they had for K, and then 2nd and 3rd, but this past year was especially outstanding with the arrival of Mr. Pautler as principal. Their 1st and 4th grade teachers were fantastic as well. The school is demographically different from many other schools in Edmond, but also smaller (520ish kids). I loved the diverse group of kids. There is also an amazing chess program! 25/70ish members just won a national championship against kids from all over the country. The teachers work as a team to prepare curriculums to educate their students and get them ready for state tests while also giving the kids a positive, and nurturing adult influence that all kids can benefit from. As I watched all of the students and faculty start a day by singing a song called "Speak Life", it made me sad to know this would be the last year for my boys to attend this phenomenal school. If you have the opportunity to send your kids to Ida Freeman, you won't be sorry!

Posted June 03, 2014
Ida often times gets negative comments from people around town. I have learned, however, that anybody that has negative things to say about the school has never even been there or has a student there. This is where my son has been to school since kindergarten and he is now beginning in the fifth grade and my daughter has finished two years there. We have had positive experiences with all of our teachers, secretaries, and administration. The new principal this past year is awesome. He is so full of energy and makes the school time fun for the students, but also will take care any disciplinary issues appropriately. Another major thing that I like about the school is it size. Most of the other Edmond schools have between 6 to 8 classes for each grade. Ida has 3 to 4 classes. I have enjoyed getting to know and becoming friends with many of the families of the students that my kids have class with. One final thought is the amazing chess program that is held at the school. A fifth-grade math teacher and two other teachers work tirelessly to make this program a success. They just returned from taking 25 students to Dallas to compete in Nationals and WON!

Posted April 02, 2014
Ida Freeman is underrated because it is one of the best schools in Edmond. The teachers and staff work very hard to make the learning experience an awesome one for the kids. They don't have as much support from the parent organizations as other schools but they do amazing things with what they have.

Ida Freeman Elementary School 1

Posted February 24, 2014
Ida Freeman is the worst school ever! My son is in kindergarten and isn't learning a thing! The faculty act like they're in highschool and pick and choose which parent and child to speak to everyday and they just act like they're better than everyone.. it's despicable.. and don't get me started on the teacher.. One page front and back homework once a week? Oh please, my 3 year old daughter is challenged more at headstart than my my son at this sorry excuse for a school. My son learned more in headstart alone than he has this year so far. I wouldn't send my worst enemy here! It's sad to know that home schooling has been thought of as an alternative.. pathetic!!!

Posted May 01, 2012
I have had several kids go through this school and I have never had any issues. Every single teacher seems to love what they do and my kids have enjoyed all of their various teachers. This is also the only school in Edmond that offers chess club which is supported by the teachers and parents not the school. When my last child is gone next year I am really going to miss the staff!

Posted March 16, 2011
I am a teacher at this school and an active member of the staff and school community. I will say that, although we may not have all of the resources, perfect test scores and parental involvemnet that we would like, we always strive for what's best for the children in our classrooms. My number one priority is to educate and encourage the lives of those around me! I do know, that as a staff, we are continuing our education as well, so that we can make Ida Freeman the best place to be. I'm not speaking for everyone but I do feel that the teachers need a voice and I am doing just that! I am happy to be a part of such a caring team of educators! And to the parents, thanks for trusting and sharing your children with us.

Ida Freeman Elementary School
501 West Hurd Street, Edmond, OK  73003
Last modified Ida Freeman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.