Orvis Risner Elementary School 2

Posted April 10, 2014
We have had a total of six years experience as two of my boys progress through school. My oldest never had a single problem, got along well with students and teachers, made fantastic grades and friends. However, my youngest has had a nightmare experience for 3 out of the 4 years he has attended Orvis. Last year he tested on grade level, behaved in class, and there were zero problems. Every other year he has had a teacher either new to teaching, new to the district, or little experience with children in general. Orvis Risner is going on the fourth principal in five years. Parent/Teacher communication is seriously lacking and from my perspective teachers are afraid to discipline students for fear it may negatively impact their reputation as a good teacher. DICIPLINE is an enormous issue at this school. Furthermore, every year except that perfect 2nd grade year my student has complained about other students being loud, out of their seats, and the teacher being too busy to answer questions. Teachers must have control of their classroom first and foremost and I am in the process of transferring my child.

Orvis Risner Elementary School 4

Posted November 18, 2013
Orvis Risner is a wonderful school and i'm so happy my children attend the same elementary school i and my siblings did. My daughter just loves Orvis and is working hard to become SWAG student again. My son is in pre-k and has a lot of fun learning. I do wish that the communication between the school and parents was like it was last year though, cause it's declined greatly but my children's teachers to some degree let me know what's going on. The principal is very nice and is at every assembly that the children have and i always see and talk to her when i pick my kids up. She encourages the children to learn and be the best they can be in all areas of life.

Posted November 15, 2013
My son started here last year and we have seen a huge improvement in his social skills, academic achievements, and his attitude towards school. The principal is enthusiastic and that helps bring everyone else up as well! The energy is contagious!

Posted December 14, 2012
This is our first year at Orvis, and we could not be happier. We recently moved here from another school district in another city, and although we struggle financially because of the move to Edmond for the schools, our children are much better off here. The teachers actually care. The principal and staff care. I am very happy with this school and would hope that anyone looking for a school for their children would considering moving to this school's district.

Posted November 01, 2012
My daughter is in 1st grade this year and can read just about anything. She has excelled in all subjects and has had wonderful teachers. The office staff is very sweet and informative. She is in the afterschool program there as well and I feel like she is loved and taken care of there. I would recommend this school. And so far, the new principle this year has been amazing!

Posted August 03, 2012
Sooo excited that Mrs. Perry is at Orvis! She is a Rockstar! We are in for an amazing year! My 3rd grader is excited!

Posted June 18, 2010
This school has some of the hardest working teachers in Edmond. My children went to another Edmond school when we first moved here and now we are at Orvis. They love it and we love it. Teachers go above and beyond.

Orvis Risner Elementary School 1

Posted June 03, 2010
As an active parent at Orivs Risner, I felt that the same parents were doing all the work. It was discouraging to see so little parent involvement.

Orvis Risner Elementary School 1

Posted April 28, 2010
My children attended OR. I believe there is too much emphasis on 'extra' fluff and not the core curriculum. Every time we turned around there was some new program to get used to. Enough already! Stop trying to build resumes and focus on the kids.

Orvis Risner Elementary School 0

Posted September 07, 2009
As a parent of this school, I feel that the school is not concentratng enough on challenging the students academically. There is too much time spent on issues/services that our state already provides them... Social Services.

Orvis Risner Elementary School
2801 South Rankin Street, Edmond, OK  73013
Last modified Orvis Risner Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orvis Risner Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top