Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My son has been picked on and bullied, had rocks thrown at him and the teacher, the staff, the recess monitors, NONE OF THEM DID ANYTHING!!! Everyday my son comes home and doesn't want to go back to school. The teacher ignores my emails, its just ridiculous!! Do your child a favor and put them in a school where the teacher will care about them. Switching my son from Lake Park to this school was a mistake!!

I moved from a small town to Edmond, so it has been a change. There is a lot of parent involvement and mostly have had really great caring teachers. I have not had any trouble with anyone being snotty towards me or my son.

My oldest attended K-5th and I still have two attending Will Rogers Elementary. I cannot tell you how much I truly like this school, it's teachers and especially Dr. House. In the eight years my kids have attended I've only seen caring, compassionate educators and administrators. They do not teach for the money they teach because they care about the students. In today's age where some parents can find no fault with their child I can see where some "skewed" reviews come from. If you take the position as a parent that YOU are your child's best teaching assistant and actually participate in their education then YOU will see the positives in your child's education. Unfortunately, there are some parents who look at schools as just "day care" it is those parents who will be hard pressed to ever find a school that meets with their approval. Dr. Sharon House is not a pushover, she's a strict and a caring principal that would do anything for her students. She reminds me of my old principal(s) back in the 70'-80's who really cared about what their students would become. Dr. House is one of a kind and I am thankful she's at THE best elementary school in Edmond, Will Rogers Elementary.

Wow, I am really surprised at the last post. Dr. House is extremely caring and listens to both teachers and parents. She is beloved by her staff too. Though, I was not a fan of Mrs. Dombeck. She is gone now. Will Rogers is the 2nd elementary my children have attended. So, I have something to compare. I love it here. Parents and children are MUCH more down to earth and less snobby. My daughters haven't had near as many problems with "mean girls" as in our other school. The staff really encourages and models being kind to one another. Also, Teachers have a great team culture that I was surprised to see. They really work so hard for the kids. Teachers volunteer at all the PTO events. We did NOT see that at the other school. There is a great working relationship between staff and parents. There are also lots more activities available at Will Rogers. (movie night, Turkey Bingo, science fair, colonial days, land run, 2 book fairs, Spring Carnival, popcorn days, etc, etc...) My family puts value in morals, kindness, and education. Will Rogers is a great fit for my family. The only reason I didn't give it 5 is because of the 3rd-5th grade classrooms.

We have had nothing but problems since my daughter started going to this school. I agree that Dr. House is arrogant, rude and does not listen to the parents or students,as well as demeaning to her staff (not to mention the parents - I would hate to see how she treats the students when she's alone with them in her office). Mrs. Dombeck seems to have no idea what she's doing at all. It's very unfortunate so many children are forced to stay in this school. We will be putting our house up for sale just to get out of this district.

Love Will Rogers! The principal cares about each and every child and the teachers do a great job as well. Parent involvement is welcomed and encouraged and the PTO is quite active.

Will Rogers is great! Dr. House knows every student like as if they were her own child. My son has been at this school since kindergarten, he is currently in 4th grade. I have spent some time volunteering at the school and have gotten to know many of the teachers besides the ones that directly instruct my son. They all are very dedicated to their students. The PTO is extremely well organized and appears to be very effective at improving the classrooms and teaching tools.

The Principal Dr. House has some strange military style rules. So many rules..... The building is old and looks poor. I still believe school is what you make of it. My son has done well but who knows what would have happened with a more open environment & better teachers. Not a horrible school but below average.

Great school. My son has been going to school here for two years. His teachers have been great. The only reason why I did not give it 5 stars is because the building is old and dated. However, they are currently remodeling and improving the facilities. It will be a five star school very soon :)

This is a fantastic school. I think that the staff does a great job with the children. My kids love it!

Last modified Will Rogers Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.