Posted June 03, 2011
Love, love this school! It is the smallest elementary in Edmond and has a family feel to it. Great parental involvement and the teachers truely care about the students here. We're very happy that my son got in and excited to have our daughter there next year! I just wished there was a little more diversity, but with it being a small elementary in Edmond, I guess it's as diverse as it can be.

Posted April 04, 2011
I love Russell Dougherty it was a great transition for me and my child with moving here from Tennessee. Everyone here truley care about your child! I will miss this school!

Posted April 04, 2011
I am a parent of former students of Russell Dougherty, My mother taught school there until the 1990's, and I completed 6th grade there as well. I have very good things to say about the school, it's teachers, and administration. For your children to attend a better elementary school near Edmond you would need to go to pay tuition at a private school like Christian Academy. It is top notch and everyone there is dedicated to the success of the students. If you want your kids here then plan ahead, and also plan to wait in line as there is a long waiting list to get into this maganet school.

Russell Dougherty Elementary School 0

Posted November 06, 2009
We have been involved with this school for five years and we feel that it's the greatest elementary school in Edmond.

Posted June 09, 2009
We have been a part of this school since 2006, we currently have two children enrolled and love the attention that they are given. The teachers are warm and engaging. It has been a positive experience.

Russell Dougherty Elementary School 3

Posted September 06, 2007

Posted February 09, 2007
Russell Dougherty has been wonderful for my two children. We have one child in fifth grade in 2006-2007 school year and one child in second grade. Truly it's been a wonderful experience all around. The parent involvement is just amazing in the spring Enrichment Clusters as well as in the classrooms each day. I will cherish the memories we've created and the entire faculty is both warm and welcoming to parents. Our hope is that RD will keep to it's core mission and continue for more generations of children.

Posted July 21, 2006
My children are loving Russell Dougherty! They are academically chalenged, which is a change from the other Edmond elementary school they attended. The staff is wonderful. The Spanish program is exceptional. The girls have learned so much. There are many chances for parents to be involved. You will never feel unwelcome here.

Posted December 12, 2005
My daughter is attending Russell Dougherty for her 3rd year and we are extremely pleased with the school as a whole. The teachers, support staff, and parents are all very visible and know most every student by name! The school is warm and inviting and makes the parents as well as students feel at home. The PTO is a wonderful organization and creates many opportunities for the RD family. My child struggled going into kindergarten and now excels at reading and loves math! She is always singing something from music or Eagle Beat and loves translating words into Spanish. The teachers are extremely well qualified, and offer a diverse approach to teaching as well as learning. They all truly care about their students and spend lots of quality one on one time getting to know them and their families and helping them learn and preparing them for the future! Carla

Posted September 09, 2005
This is my first year as a Russell Dougherty parent I have found the teachers to be kind to students and the programs to be very well thought out.The focus is on giving the best rounded education possible to all students. The school incourages parents participation and the parent teacher organization is wonderful. Thank you Russell Dougherty for a great education.

Russell Dougherty Elementary School
19 North Boulevard, Edmond, OK  73034
Last modified Russell Dougherty Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Russell Dougherty Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top