Edmond, OK

Posted August 17, 2014
We now have an eighth grader at Central and are getting ready to have a sixth grader there as well. Our oldest has done well there. Her teachers care about whether or not she is learning and whether or not she is being challenged. There was quite a bit of turnover last year, and I think it was a good change. The new principal and the teachers seem focused on making it an excellent learning environment. There is little tolerance for misbehavior, the arts are appreciated here, and there is an active PTO.

Posted June 22, 2014
Enroll your child somewhere else!!! Lazy teachers!! They turn a blind eye to bullies. Favoritism is all you get at this school. Certain teachers will actually pick on your children Both my kids have come in tears because of Teachers making rude inappropriate comments To them and nothing was ever done about it.

Central Middle School 4

Posted August 23, 2013
I have had two children go to central middle school and they are great students, not only because of their dad and myself, but because the staff at central make it priority number one to make sure that their student succeed in all aspects. Not only do they care about the students grades, they care about the students. My greatest appreciation to central middle school for all their hard work and caring.

Posted August 10, 2013
We love Central! My daughter went there and my son is currently going. Yes, there are some (very few) teachers that are below average, but that doesn't make it a bad school. The majority of the teachers are really interested in students succeeding and doing their best. Central has gotten a bad rap over the years, and it's ridiculous because it isn't deserved at all now. The problems that they have are problems that ALL schools have - they just seem to be heard about more than the other schools and I think it's because this school doesn't have mostly middle-upper class families going to it and the media just likes to publicize anything that went wrong there. That's just sad. It is very diverse and I love that! My kids have gotten a great education there. It is in transition right now with administration, so I expect lots more good things to come. Don't count Central out - you will be pleasantly surprised. At least go visit the school before you decide yes or no. They also have a very active parent group, too, and that's really nice.

Central Middle School 4

Posted March 16, 2013
Central Middle School does have wonderful, caring teachers! Of course there are a few bad apples however what school is free from these? NONE! The Administration (principals) are caring and involved with the students at Central, they patrol the halls, etc and speak to the students. There is a parent group and police officer that helps patrol the halls, doors, etc so you can get involved if you want to help. There is also a PTA for parents to get involved. And really that is the key - Parent involvement! No I am not a teacher, I am a parent with a student there. There are rude kids - usually these kids have parents that are involved with work, othere things and expecting the school to raise their children for them! There are several groups of children there and they are NOT all bad! Great programs are offered!

Posted January 30, 2013
This school is absolutely horrid! If you live in this area and have a middle school child, don't take them here for their own good. I wish I could give it no stars. Most of the teachers are nice, but they either give too much discipline or too little. For example, my daughter came home crying on the first day of school, saying that some boys had called her fat, ugly, and other rude names. After contacting her teacher, she replied "suck it up." This school is awfully biased as well. I get that nutrition is good, but pointing out how unhealthy overweight people are just perpetuates the problem. Not all overweight people will get heart disease and die. You can be skinny and get heart disease and die. Another day, she had to serve lunch detention because someone stole her book. We almost had to pay $70+ for a stolen book, and they wouldn't even check the cameras! There are only 2 types of people here: The really stuck up girls and the evil boys who love to make fun of people. A bunch of girls fit into the second category as well. Overall, I give this school a 2/20, because its music program is great. Other than that, if your kid wants to remain sane, transfer schools or move.

Posted January 11, 2013
Very unhappy with Central Middle!! The principle seem to turn a blind eye to any issues and try to look intimidating to keep the students in check. However, the majority of the student body is very rough. My children do not feel safe at this school and have witnessed and heard things from students in class that are very inappropriate and shocking and they feel like none of the teachers care!!! Heard nothing but, negative things about this school from some of the local residences. Wish I would of heard this before we bought a house in Central Middle location!! New to OKC and thought any school in Edmond was a good one. We were wrong!! Central is the same academically as other Edmond schools (which is good) but, the student body isn't!! Avoid at all costs!! Very disappointed!!

Posted May 24, 2011
My son has been at Central for two years now. Bullying is NOT tolerated at CMS. Even a slight incident directed toward my son his first year at CMS was taken care of within hours by the assistant principal. The principals and teachers are all on the same page when it comes to what is expected of students. The school pushes students to achieve greater things. Parents are welcomed to visit the school and have lunch with their kids. The enrichment programs are great! We have enjoyed the teachers and the administration. Teachers know my son's name as well as mine and are willing to share and help in any way they can. They also will interact with you via email and phone calls if you have any questions or concerns. We love Central!

Central Middle School 2

Posted May 04, 2010
This administration at this school looks the other way to every problem happening at their school and when brought to their attention, it is shoved aside. The bullying that takes place on a daily basis to children at the school is horrendous. If you live in the boundries to have to send your child here, get a transfer ASAP and save yourself the heartache and headaches that some with this school.

Posted August 25, 2009

Central Middle School
500 East 9th Street, Edmond, OK  73034
Last modified Central Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top