Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

They handled our bullying issues very well and swiftly. They clearly identified the issue and put a stop to it immediately.

Supports LD students: Agree

We have had some issue with math and getting the help we needed. It was more of a scheduling issue than anything. Teachers are very helpful and want to see your child succeed.

Effective school leaders: Agree

We are thrilled with the new principal and her staff. Nothing but positive experiences with everyone.

Develops character: Agree

THe new administration is responsive and very on top of any bullying.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Al of the teachers, save one, were wonderful.

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework load is appropriate for the classes and grade level.

We were skeptical because we had heard mixed reviews about this school. Turns out all those who had negative things to say were either families with whom any school would have been an issue or those repeating what they had heard but had never had a child in the school. Other than one teacher who is rather "wonky" to be kind, we have had a fantastic experience. Teachers care. I do see a more hands off approach in the 8th grade but it is really tough love, trying to ready them for the rigors of high school. Middle school is a safe place to learn time management and self reliance without the penalty of grades affecting their college aspirations, and in 8th grade they slowly take the training wheels off. A quick e-mail to a teacher and they are willing to do whatever it takes to make your child successful. The administration is responsive and very involved. There was a bully situation we experienced and they handled it beautifully. Central is the Best kept secret in Edmond!

I love this school they teach you what you need to learn and they allow you to be yourself. The teachers are absolutely amazing they have a way with teaching were its fun but they get it stuck in your brain. This school is a school I'm proud to say I go to.

This school is terrible. I was a student here a few years ago and had terrible experiences with all the teachers. They favorite students. At this school, the teachers are the bully, not the kids. I once was taking picture for yearbook in P.E and got sent out because I was a "distraction", I went back to my yearbook class and told the teacher what happened and she said " I know the teacher texted me to send a boy next time because you were to pretty." This school is defiantly not the best on Edmond. I strongly recommend your child go somewhere else.

We now have an eighth grader at Central and are getting ready to have a sixth grader there as well. Our oldest has done well there. Her teachers care about whether or not she is learning and whether or not she is being challenged. There was quite a bit of turnover last year, and I think it was a good change. The new principal and the teachers seem focused on making it an excellent learning environment. There is little tolerance for misbehavior, the arts are appreciated here, and there is an active PTO.

Last modified Central Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.