Angie Debo Elementary School 1

Posted August 20, 2014
The school administrative staff is awful. They are exteremly judge mental, they treat your typical "edmond wives" with the ultimate respect. They treat the average joe like dirt. They are highly unorganized and do not know how to return a call about enrollment till the night before school. They had a false immunization record for my son of which I have no clue where it came from. I am a nurse, I know my son is up to date on everything. I had to go to the ends of the earth to get his immunization record, and when I did he was up to date on everything. This school is exteremly overcrowded. Bullying is a huge problem here. It's no wonder why they are a terrible staff. The teachers although are great.

Angie Debo Elementary School 2

Posted February 18, 2014
This school is extreamly overcrowded with a minimum of 25 kids per class. Teachers are doing the best they can but are very overworked with having so many students. The kids are not allowed to be kids. They have to walk on the thrid tile from the wall with their hands behind their backs. At recess they must keep a distance of 3 feet away from anyone. Bullying on the playground is a major issue. My children have had to intervene on several occasions since monitors do not pay close attention to what is going on because they are too busy socializing with each other. When informed of an issue they couldn't care less and punish all involved regardless of their actions (even ones trying to do right). The district seems more interested in cramming as many kids as possible into a classroom and making more money than they are on the quality of education or the stress being placed on teachers and staff by over population. Picking up and dropping off is an absolute nightmare and parent involvement is very minimal. They can only teach to test (why OCCT scores are so high) but any real teaching is obsolete and forget about any one on one teaching.

Posted January 17, 2012
Wonderful teachers. Great kids and great area. Can't say enough good things. My daughter Loves It!

Posted October 12, 2010
Two of our great grandchildren go to this school. I have been to see several school plays and they do a great job.

Posted April 30, 2010
My granddaughter loves her teacher Mrs. Penner. I feel the school really does focus on helping each child as an individual learn.

Posted April 27, 2010
All they do is teach to the test. NOT happy at all!

Posted October 04, 2009
Great teachers, staff. Supports and motivates students and provides qualtiy instruction.

Posted June 25, 2008
Last year was my child's first year at Angie Debo. We moved in from another Edmond school. We absolutely love the teachers. My daughter had a fantastic 3rd grade teacher. All the 3rd grade teachers worked well together to provide my child's grade a cohesive learning experience and social group. My daughter loved going to third grade and is looking forward to 4th. The office and administration is fantastic. A great school with great leadership!!

Posted November 10, 2006
Overall, Angie Debo is a terrific school. Unfortunately, the cost of housing in this area goes up and up every year, and I have to make financial sacrifices so my kids could go to Angie Debo. However, I feel that it is worth it. It is their third year at Angie Debo; I am happy with their progress, but most importantly, kids love their school and enjoy it. Aftercare is also very nice, kids get to play outside on a big safe playground when weather permits. Inside aftercare activities in addition to movies and games include a computer lab and a gym. From the kids, I have not heard anything bad about the school, nothing that would concern me in terms of quality of care or safety. They do get quite a bit of homework, but I feel it only benefits them. Very nice school.

Posted August 12, 2006
We love Angie Debo. Our children (3 of them) love to go to school and have had excellent teachers in the 5 years we have attended there. I feel well informed about my children's education and what goes on in their school day. Its a great place!

Angie Debo Elementary School
16060 North May Avenue, Edmond, OK  73013
Last modified Angie Debo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Angie Debo Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top