Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

This specific first grade teacher is belittling my son in front of the entire class, raising her voice at him and made him cry in front of entire class. They don't care what the kids have to say. Completely disgusted with their actions. If I don't get help from principle I will address school board.

Hi All, my daughter goes to first grade in AD and loves the school. Overall, I am happy with the school. Her teachers have been awesome so far. I like the fact that her teacher (Ms. Ashley Ashcraft) sends home work. She is very kind and caring. But I have a few things to say 15-minute lunch time is not enough for kids, I feel it should be at least 30 minutes. I have complained about bullying to the teacher and principal. It was taken care of but it was hard to talk to principal and teacher could not do much outside the classroom. We need better watch on kids. I also have a suggestion for school if they can come with a school uniform, it saves so much time and effort and kids will learn they are being treated equally.

My daughter is in her fourth year at the school. I do have a few complaints, echoing really what others have already said. First, they don't let kids be kids - all the rules in the hallway about how they're supposed to walk, not talk - it is like a prison. Second, the older cafeteria lady is like an SS komandant at a Stalig POW camp - always yelling at the kids to sit down, be quiet, etc. Hey, they're kids - you put 180 kids in a cafeteria talking and socializing - it's going to be loud. Who are they harming? Heck, you put 180 adults in the same room and it'll be just as loud, maybe louder. It's their lunchtime, for Pete's sake - cut 'em a break! Oh, and they only get 15 minutes for lunch - not nearly enough time. Finally, and I don't know if this is a problem with the school or the Edmond school district, but each year that my daughter moved up to the next grade, she never had more than 3 kids from the previous year's class in the next class. This is out of an average of about 25 kids per class. How are kids supposed to develop any long-term friendships when they get practically a whole new class of kids every year? Growing up, I had for the most part the same kids in class with me grades 1 thru 8th, and I am close with many of them still to this day (30+ years later). I don't know what the solution is - maybe allow each family to request 4-5 classmates to be in the same class the following year? I don't know - what are the other thoughts on this issue? I'd like to hear comments from other parents.

We love Angie Debo! The staff at AD is unbeatable. They have experience and a real heart for ALL children. The principal, Candice Delcamp is wonderful! Her enthusiasm and positivity shines! We have had a wonderful time at AD!

My daughter has attended Angie Debo for 3 years and we love it. The monitors it is true don't pay a lot of attention. My child was involved in a bullying situation which they failed to notice but I called the school and got a return call from the principle that day and it ended the situation quickly. I've never been treated differently by the staff and I am not an "edmond mom" (single mom of one) and I've never seen them treat anyone differently while I've been up there volunteering. Overall I think they are doing a great job as a staff maybe just hire new monitors or better watch them to make sure they are doing their job and protecting our kids.

Be warned. Bullying is rampant in this school. The victims are the ones who get into trouble. While the teachers deny its happening. There is no help on the playgrounds or lunch areas. Those that are suppose to be watching the kids are either on their phones are deep in conversation with one another. Stay Away

The school administrative staff is awful. They are exteremly judge mental, they treat your typical "edmond wives" with the ultimate respect. They treat the average joe like dirt. They are highly unorganized and do not know how to return a call about enrollment till the night before school. They had a false immunization record for my son of which I have no clue where it came from. I am a nurse, I know my son is up to date on everything. I had to go to the ends of the earth to get his immunization record, and when I did he was up to date on everything. This school is exteremly overcrowded. Bullying is a huge problem here. It's no wonder why they are a terrible staff. The teachers although are great.

This school is extreamly overcrowded with a minimum of 25 kids per class. Teachers are doing the best they can but are very overworked with having so many students. The kids are not allowed to be kids. They have to walk on the thrid tile from the wall with their hands behind their backs. At recess they must keep a distance of 3 feet away from anyone. Bullying on the playground is a major issue. My children have had to intervene on several occasions since monitors do not pay close attention to what is going on because they are too busy socializing with each other. When informed of an issue they couldn't care less and punish all involved regardless of their actions (even ones trying to do right). The district seems more interested in cramming as many kids as possible into a classroom and making more money than they are on the quality of education or the stress being placed on teachers and staff by over population. Picking up and dropping off is an absolute nightmare and parent involvement is very minimal. They can only teach to test (why OCCT scores are so high) but any real teaching is obsolete and forget about any one on one teaching.

Wonderful teachers. Great kids and great area. Can't say enough good things. My daughter Loves It!

Two of our great grandchildren go to this school. I have been to see several school plays and they do a great job.

Last modified Angie Debo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.