Charles Haskell Elementary School

Public | PK-5

Posted August 18, 2013

We are starting our 6th year now. We all love this school. Lots of ways to volunteer, friendly parents I now consider family. I absolutely love going into the school, it is clean and welcoming. The office staff is friendly and helpful and anyone you pass has a smile and will say hello. The principal is starting her 2nd year and she is hands on and has a great team. From top to bottom the staff and teachers love the children and education and character building are a priority. The school is beautiful and full of happiness I enjoy spending as much time there as possible. We have 2 years to go and wouldn't consider another elementary school. We will miss haskell tremendously but will be rascals forever.

Posted August 12, 2012

We love Charles Haskell! Great teachers and great parent involvement! This is our 4th year at Haskell and have been very happy overall.

Posted April 20, 2012

The school is very clean and has a good feeling. I think the principal is great and they have good teachers. However, they lack some basic grammar skills and have actually "corrected" my daughter when in actuality, the teacher was incorrect. This happened in 1st grade as well as Kindergarten-- so pretty basic stuff. In addition, it is a very large school. It is difficult for the child to get individualized attention. For some children that may be ok, but for others it can be detrimental. Charles Haskell has been extremely rough on my daughter's self esteem. She feels her teacher's do not like her.

Posted September 4, 2009

Having just moved here from Canada less than a year ago and never having any prior experiences with my children in a public school, I am very pleased with my and my children's experience at Haskell thus far. There is alot of parental involvement and volunteer opportunities. The school though older, is clean and bright. The teachers seem caring and competant. If ever unsure about anything the front office staff are always friendly and helpful.

Posted April 3, 2009

This year there a new principal started. She is doing a great job. She is very hands on with the students and is very 'present' at the school. I think she is much better than the previous principal in many ways. I have not had a conflict or anything where I really saw her in action, but in the day to day running of the school, things are good. The faculty really care about the students, the school is amazingly clean and well-maintained (thanks David!), and the students are generally very well-behaved. I will have a fifth grader next year who has been there since kindergarten. My daughter will be in first grade. We moved to another district school's area, but I hoping that my kids will get to stay at CH. It is a great place for kids and parents.

Posted May 27, 2008

This school has incredible parental involvement.

Posted July 27, 2007

I have had 2 children at this school and would say that for my first child it was fantastic. However, my 2nd child experienced a Principal change which seemed to derail the success we had previously felt. My biggst complaint is in how she (new Principle)handles conflict. If it had not been for the excellent support & level of professionalism of her teacher, we wouldn't have made it through without a dissasterous outcome.

Posted April 20, 2007

My child will be completing 1st grade next month. From day one this school has been great and my child has flourished. The activities are well thought out and are effective tools for learning. I have 2 more children that will be going to school there soon and I look forward to all of them having this experience. The Charles Haskell before and after care program is second to none. The facilities are clean and well kept.

Posted December 12, 2006

This will be our last year at Charles Haskell, my last child is a fifth grader. She is my second child to attend this wonderful school. We will truly miss it. The teachers have all been wonderful and gave my children their undivided attention. The parent involvement is wonderful. I can't think of a single unpleasant moment we have had in the last 7 years as a family at Charles Haskell.

Posted September 15, 2006

The teachers are great. Many of them are nationally certified. They seem to be knowledgeable and prepared. The gifted program in not great. The lady that coordinates it is disorganized, but the kids seem to get 'enriched' by the experience. The facilities are top notch. The new library, classrooms, and cafeteria/auditorium are excellent. Parents are very involved. Sometimes there isn't enough lead time between announcements and due dates. If that notice sits in a backpack overnight, then you might only get a little notice, so look in those folders often. Other than that, a really nice school, with great teachers, caring administrators, and excellent facilities. If the construction crews would coordinate road work then all would be right with Charles Haskell. Need more academic extra curriculars. Like odyssey of the mind and a chess team.

Posted August 6, 2006

I have been very disappointed in not only the quality of learning that goes on here but the principle leadership. This school's main focus is testing and does not care about the individual student. I have watched my son dread school more and more as a result of his last three years at Charles Haskell. I would suggest looking at other schools if you want your child to enjoy learning.

Posted July 17, 2004

I have been very impressed with the school so far. I was welcomed and encouraged to participate as a parent. There is lots of parental involvement and great teacher/parent communication. The principal was wonderful and I have high hopes that the new principal will be just as good. The PTO is majorly involved in helping the school. All of the children seem to really enjoy school and I have always found that a good sign of success for a school.

Posted May 7, 2004

I have a 5th grader here and a senior in high school who went here from 2nd grade through 5th. It is the best elementary school in Edmond. We have had an excellent experience at Haskell from the teachers, counselors and principals to the outstanding parents. We will miss being involved and a part of a great school.

Posted January 22, 2004

I have two daughters at Haskell and they love school. I have volunteered for various activities in the past three years and parental involvement is incredible. Expectations are high and the teachers work hard to bring the kids up to that standard.

Posted October 6, 2003

I am not impressed with Charles Haskell Elementary. My child has had nothing but problems adjusting to the high expectations of the schools academic achievements, with little support from his teacher as to how I as a parent may assist my child in improving. It is my opinion that this teacher is not well organized and lacks direction in teaching children that do not adjust well in the center learning environment. My opinion is not based on just one teacher there have been several.

Posted June 24, 2003

I have three children at this school. My wife has a Master's Degree in education and is a teacher and spends most of her day at the school volunteering. The facility is superb, teachers first rate, principal outstanding. Most Edmond schools are similar, but this is certainly one of the best.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2012.

102 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2012.

102 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Scale: % satisfactory or better

In 2011-2012 Oklahoma used the Oklahoma Core Curriculum Tests (OCCT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, grades 5 and 8 in science and writing, grade 5 in social studies, grade 7 in geography, and grade 8 in U.S. history and government. The OCCT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Oklahoma. The goal is for all students to score at or above the satisfactory level on the test.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2012.

118 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 68% in 2012.

118 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2012.

Science

The state average for Science was 91% in 2012.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 77% in 2012.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

141 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 13% 2%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 33%N/A61%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1701 NW 150th St