Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted July 19, 2016
I would say about 1/4 or more are excellent, and just a handful are terrible.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 19, 2016
The homework amount varies from teacher to teacher, but most of the teachers have a good reason for the amount they give. We've had one teacher who gave random amounts, but she was a new teacher.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted July 19, 2016
My children have never, ever been complimented for their determination, but they've got plenty of it.

Charles Haskell Elementary School 4

Posted July 19, 2016
The school is getting worse every year, and from what I can tell it is based on demographics. More and more of the surrounding neighborhoods are letting in Section 8 people. CH still seems to be well run; the principal not my favorite but she knows what she is doing and works hard. Most of the classroom teachers are competent or better, and the "specials" teachers are good. The school is a B minus now, and it is never going to be an A again. You can hire a Harvard educated poofer to run the school, and it won't change the children coming in the front door. If my children were starting over in kindergarten, I wouldn't start them out at CH.

Charles Haskell Elementary School 2

Posted May 05, 2015
There is so much wrong, it takes more than 1200 characters, but i will start with a few. The new principal has run this school to the ground. What once was a top 3 elementary school is now a consistant C. There was a time when you couldnt transfer in, now there are at least 4 of us trying to get our kids OUT! So sad to see what the school has gone too. Everything fun is gone and the safety of the children is now in question. If the transfer doesnt go thru, I will consider homeschooling next year.

Posted December 17, 2014
Mrs.Hamilton is 1 of the best principals ever, she always has a smile on her face!! My kids went to Mid-Del schools and we were heart broken when she left to go somewhere else. My daughter started Going to Edmond 2 weeks ago and I am so excited to know that Mrs.Hamilton is here!!!

Posted August 12, 2012
We love Charles Haskell! Great teachers and great parent involvement! This is our 4th year at Haskell and have been very happy overall.

Charles Haskell Elementary School 2

Posted April 20, 2012
The school is very clean and has a good feeling. I think the principal is great and they have good teachers. However, they lack some basic grammar skills and have actually "corrected" my daughter when in actuality, the teacher was incorrect. This happened in 1st grade as well as Kindergarten-- so pretty basic stuff. In addition, it is a very large school. It is difficult for the child to get individualized attention. For some children that may be ok, but for others it can be detrimental. Charles Haskell has been extremely rough on my daughter's self esteem. She feels her teacher's do not like her.

Posted September 04, 2009
Having just moved here from Canada less than a year ago and never having any prior experiences with my children in a public school, I am very pleased with my and my children's experience at Haskell thus far. There is alot of parental involvement and volunteer opportunities. The school though older, is clean and bright. The teachers seem caring and competant. If ever unsure about anything the front office staff are always friendly and helpful.

Posted April 03, 2009
This year there a new principal started. She is doing a great job. She is very hands on with the students and is very 'present' at the school. I think she is much better than the previous principal in many ways. I have not had a conflict or anything where I really saw her in action, but in the day to day running of the school, things are good. The faculty really care about the students, the school is amazingly clean and well-maintained (thanks David!), and the students are generally very well-behaved. I will have a fifth grader next year who has been there since kindergarten. My daughter will be in first grade. We moved to another district school's area, but I hoping that my kids will get to stay at CH. It is a great place for kids and parents.

1701 Northwest 150th Street, Edmond, OK  73013
Last modified Charles Haskell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.