Charles Haskell Elementary School 2

Posted May 05, 2015
There is so much wrong, it takes more than 1200 characters, but i will start with a few. The new principal has run this school to the ground. What once was a top 3 elementary school is now a consistant C. There was a time when you couldnt transfer in, now there are at least 4 of us trying to get our kids OUT! So sad to see what the school has gone too. Everything fun is gone and the safety of the children is now in question. If the transfer doesnt go thru, I will consider homeschooling next year.

Posted December 17, 2014
Mrs.Hamilton is 1 of the best principals ever, she always has a smile on her face!! My kids went to Mid-Del schools and we were heart broken when she left to go somewhere else. My daughter started Going to Edmond 2 weeks ago and I am so excited to know that Mrs.Hamilton is here!!!

Posted August 12, 2012
We love Charles Haskell! Great teachers and great parent involvement! This is our 4th year at Haskell and have been very happy overall.

Charles Haskell Elementary School 2

Posted April 20, 2012
The school is very clean and has a good feeling. I think the principal is great and they have good teachers. However, they lack some basic grammar skills and have actually "corrected" my daughter when in actuality, the teacher was incorrect. This happened in 1st grade as well as Kindergarten-- so pretty basic stuff. In addition, it is a very large school. It is difficult for the child to get individualized attention. For some children that may be ok, but for others it can be detrimental. Charles Haskell has been extremely rough on my daughter's self esteem. She feels her teacher's do not like her.

Posted September 04, 2009
Having just moved here from Canada less than a year ago and never having any prior experiences with my children in a public school, I am very pleased with my and my children's experience at Haskell thus far. There is alot of parental involvement and volunteer opportunities. The school though older, is clean and bright. The teachers seem caring and competant. If ever unsure about anything the front office staff are always friendly and helpful.

Posted April 03, 2009
This year there a new principal started. She is doing a great job. She is very hands on with the students and is very 'present' at the school. I think she is much better than the previous principal in many ways. I have not had a conflict or anything where I really saw her in action, but in the day to day running of the school, things are good. The faculty really care about the students, the school is amazingly clean and well-maintained (thanks David!), and the students are generally very well-behaved. I will have a fifth grader next year who has been there since kindergarten. My daughter will be in first grade. We moved to another district school's area, but I hoping that my kids will get to stay at CH. It is a great place for kids and parents.

Posted May 27, 2008
This school has incredible parental involvement.

Charles Haskell Elementary School 4

Posted July 27, 2007
I have had 2 children at this school and would say that for my first child it was fantastic. However, my 2nd child experienced a Principal change which seemed to derail the success we had previously felt. My biggst complaint is in how she (new Principle)handles conflict. If it had not been for the excellent support & level of professionalism of her teacher, we wouldn't have made it through without a dissasterous outcome.

Posted April 20, 2007
My child will be completing 1st grade next month. From day one this school has been great and my child has flourished. The activities are well thought out and are effective tools for learning. I have 2 more children that will be going to school there soon and I look forward to all of them having this experience. The Charles Haskell before and after care program is second to none. The facilities are clean and well kept.

Posted December 12, 2006
This will be our last year at Charles Haskell, my last child is a fifth grader. She is my second child to attend this wonderful school. We will truly miss it. The teachers have all been wonderful and gave my children their undivided attention. The parent involvement is wonderful. I can't think of a single unpleasant moment we have had in the last 7 years as a family at Charles Haskell.

Charles Haskell Elementary School
1701 Northwest 150th Street, Edmond, OK  73013
Last modified Charles Haskell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Charles Haskell Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top