Posted December 11, 2014
While the school is a fabulous place I wish that certain teachers weren't so uptight and or rude. If they were more open and optimistic. There are a select few teachers who are cheerful, funny, and enjoyable to be around but not all of them are. If your child has social anxiety I would recommend Home-School.

Posted November 14, 2014
If your child plans to attend college after high school, the English cirriculum (regular or AP) does not provide sufficient preparation for college English courses. Even though your child may do well according to Oklahoma standards, don't let that fool you. If your child is able to enroll in an English course at Cameron University in Lawton during their Senior year, it would be beneficial! Although sub-standard in some areas, I still recommend Elgin schools over any other area public schools (Lawton - crime central).

Posted March 31, 2014
I graduated last year (2013) and in my experience of this school it is very mediocre. I've been to 4 different schools and I attended Elgin the longest. If education is what you're after you won't find it here. You will find a great social environment, if you can in a high school that is. As long as you don't mind a low education high sports and socialization level school this is a place for you

Posted December 02, 2013
The school itself isn't very bad, however many of the teachers are very out of touch on proper methods to inform students what to do and seem to be more focused on assigning them things in order to pass, and less so in order to teach them and help them understand. There are definitely some better teachers, but most seem to be very poor. There are not very many opportunities for students with advanced capabilities to enroll in classes ahead of others. Teachers seem to be either unsure of what to do for problem students and tend to apprehend even innocent ones. The community is close together and teachers are more than not friends with the students, but this creates an aura of biasity as many students receive more help and support than others. Being a foreign student entering here, i was severely disappointed with the help i received calculating my credits, i was enrolled in classes which would not help me and frustrated with poor opportunities to change what was going on. The staff seems to be too casual to be a professional school.

Elgin High School 4

Posted July 06, 2013
Having gone to Elgin through middleschool and to my sophmore year of high school, it has seemed to me the education you get is very high class. Keep you busy, engaged, adn overall a wonderful learning experience. My time there, however marked by my predjudices it may be, is that is a bit of a tense atomosphere, everyone is a bit more open for better or for worse, so there will be good students and jerks. Overall, a great learning experience if very tense sometimes due to other students.

Posted April 11, 2013
Elgin high school. I would rate math dept low and coaches run school by bulling students and yes I am reporting to superintendent. I use to rate it very high about 6 years ago but no longer can I recommend this school

Elgin High School 4

Posted February 02, 2013
I rated the Elgin Middle School very low and was pleasantly surprised when we had a child in the Elgin High School. It is completely different. The teachers are engaged with their students, the education is very strong, the various projects and events for the kids keep them busy in a good way. There is age appropriate oversight provided for the students. If you had a negative experience with the Middle School but are now looking at High School options, this is a very good choice that worked well for my family. There is still no PTA available or allowed in this district for all grades - K-12.

Elgin High School 5

Posted December 04, 2012
EPS has been a wonderful experience for my three children. I have two in the elementary school and one in the HS. Being military and transfering from out of state, we were welcomed, informed and immediately part of a community. To date, I have enjoyed each of my children's teachers. As a teacher, parent and mother of two with IEP's and one with a 504 plan, I've found all provisions for my children's schooling and needs completely met and fulfilled. I have never had a problem with communication; a newsletter comes home each monday with both of the elementary school children and I email the HS if there is ever any questions on assignments or grades.The HS's honors programs are challenging and I'm impressed to see so many of the upper classmen taking additional classes at the local college.I actually did a district transfer to get my children into this school district. If you ever get a chance... attend the weekly Monday morning Rise and Shine Presentation in the Lower Elementary. I've never seen so much positive reinforcement and positive energy, anywhere! The children leave feeling pumped, positive and successful to for starting their week!

Elgin High School 3

Posted June 04, 2012
I agree with an earlier comment about the H.S. feeling "clickish." My kids enjoy the school ok, but the website is RARELY updated (6 months or more behind). You have to be very proactive to get updated school information. It has been very frustrating for my wife and I.

Posted May 01, 2012
They have a new principal, I hope is good and really cares abut children and not politics like the other one. Now they just need to get rid of the superintendant. He is out of touch and has been there too long.

Elgin High School
520 K Street, Elgin, OK  73538
Last modified Elgin High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elgin High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top