Posted November 24, 2014
I am VERY involved in my kids school. There are tons of parents involved. They are there all of the time. You put in the time when you can & there are many that put in a lot! The teachers are very involved in making sure our children succeed. The principal & asst care about their success also. We have never had a problem there (ever since the PE teacher went to another school). It is a wonderful school with great scores. We were in another district at first & wouldn't go to the other school. Glenwood is a wonderful school!!

Glenwood Elementary School 2

Posted April 22, 2014
My children went here for a school year and there were pro's and con's to Glenwood. Since they started, I had an issue with the parent involvement. You drop your child off and come pick them up. That is about as involved as a parent gets. There was even an issue where they called to check up on my child, but come to find out they marked her absent. You can imagine how I felt to get a call saying my child has been "misplaced". Glenwood is unorganized and are always hounding for money throughout the year. Where as our family sits comfortably, what about families that can't afford all of the expenses? My children enjoyed the school, but in my opinion the school I went to as a child (I am an Enid native) was ten times better than Glenwood. They have no sympathy for any situation that is brought to them. It's either Glenwood's way or the highway. Next year my children will be going to a different school. No I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone.

Posted September 11, 2007
I think the teachers are great at Glenwood, Yes there will be a parking/pickup issue at every school. You cant satisfy everyone. But the parent/teacher involvement to make this school the best in Enid is definitly worth teh 15 minute wait to pick up my child. The teachers actually bring the prek and kindergarteners out to our car, and everything. I think it is a great school, and know that it is the best in Enid!

Glenwood Elementary School 2

Posted July 03, 2007
I was not happy with Glenwood! The leadership of this school does not support parents when there is an issue. When I asked for help from the school I was just put off until the end of the year. In addition, the school does not have a welcoming atmosphere. I was active in volunteering each chance I got but that didn't even help. I felt like an intruding stranger in my own kid's school. That said, there are many great teachers here and it should be noted that there is a new principle this year (2007-2008). Though we will not be returning, I hope things will turn around here. Glenwood has great potential!

Glenwood Elementary School 4

Posted May 29, 2007
My son has attended Glenwood since kindergarten. He has definately enjoyed his time here and his teachers have been great! The 'Glenwood line' can be trying sometimes. I have learned to arrive at school a few minutes earlier than I was and that seems to do the trick.

Glenwood Elementary School 1

Posted May 21, 2007
Poor parking and terrible access for picking children up and dropping off. Several bad teachers.

Glenwood Elementary School 4

Posted February 21, 2007

Posted November 06, 2005
This is the third year my children have been attending Glenwood, and we are very satisfied with the education they are receiving. They both started out in Mrs. Kenaga's 4-year-old class, which was wonderful. She consistently goes above and beyond what is required to make school and learning fun. My daughter is now in first grade and I am delighted with her teacher. I requested her, based on parent recommendations, and am glad I did. She is learning so much more than just curriculum. My son's kindergarten teacher, Mrs. McNaughton, has worked closely with us to overcome some behavioral issues, and he is now doing very well. Kudos to everyone at Glenwood; we will miss the school when we move this summer.

Glenwood Elementary School
824 North Oakwood Road, Enid, OK  73703
Last modified Glenwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glenwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top