Bad
Good

I love how nice and productive the teachers are. I have had a wonderful experience there. I think that the principle is wonderful, she is great at her job.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

I think they do a great job at preventing bullying.

We moved our children to EPS from a smaller district and were worried at first until thy began attending Hoover. This school is amazing, first the teachers genuinely care and use many different approaches to teaching the material that gets my children enthusiastic and excited about learning. We left early for a doctors appointment one day and they were upset because we were "out of school". If we would have known how terrific this school was we would have made the move years ago!!

My daughter had many health issues during the 2013-2014 school year. I sent doctor's note after doctor's note to school with her. I was insulted and harrassed in spite of the communication on my part. Sure it is a great school but the administration is NOT in the business of helping parents or families. The only concern is for their precious ratings and Blue Ribbon status. The result is that my daughter and my nephew have been moved to a school where parents and students are respected AND where everyone is on the same side.

I actually took a job at the school so that I could get a transfer for my child. It's an amazing school with dedicated staff and administration. The principal would do anything to get the best for the students. Definitely the best elementary school in Enid - their test scores alone show that they have it down. The only downside I've seen is a lack of parent involvement, but that is improving. The PTO is working hard to get more parents involved.

We are relatively new to this school, but they have met and exceeded my expectations. I have been impressed with the staff not only professionally, but on a personal level too! They work hard at building relationships with their students and families. I truly appreciate this as a parent. Our child's teacher provides an optimal learning environment for our son who has a learning disability. It is wonderful to see him flourish due to her ability to be keenly aware of each child's possiblities. Hoover also has a wonderful special ed. staff that is motiviated to see each child succeed. The only thing I could possibly say at this point that I would like to see improved would be; the amount of "outdoor time" increased to help students release their energy and have more "fresh air" time. I know the teachers work hard at meeting classroom state and federal requirements. Their day is already packed with trying to fit everything in due to all of the regulations. Would it be possible to take some of the lessons "outside"? Since this, so far, is my biggest concern...I think it is safe to say I am a happy parent at Hoover Elementary!

I love Hoover ! I have a daughter in the 3rd grade this year and my other 2 boys went to Hoover as well. I love the support staff, principal and teachers. They really care about the kids and it shows! Due to the re-drawing of school districts, our new district will be Glenwood... I can tell you I will fight to have my daughter go to Hoover rather than Glenwood. Go Hornets !!

I love Hoover. We don't live in the district however my child has a disability and we choose Hoover. My children have been attending for 4 years and I have never had a bad thing to say about the teachers there, principal and the staff. I love how concerned the teachers are and they are better then most schools in this city. My step son went to another school and it seemed like his teacher didn't care about his progress and never offered to help, even when I became a full time mother with him. He has struggled with some things this year but his teacher always answers my emails and I am always able to reach her for ideas and assistance. My other children (I have 3 in school and 1 that will attend in about 2 years) love the school also. Everyone cares about the children and is very friendly and kind. I believe Hoover is one of the best in Enid!! And the principal is very envolved with the students and does everything to keep them interested in school! She has Hoover fun days and other activities like that. My children hate to miss school and it is largely thanks to their principal!

I agree, hoover needs a new principal. She seems like she is ready to retire and she is very tired of her job. The kids are missing out on many opportunities that they would have if they had a principal that wasn't burned out. I've been feeling this way for a few years and it seems to get worse every year. I just hope she retires before my kids are all gone. . Parent involvement is low, I feel, because even if you sign up for every single thing and call to see what needs to be done, you still have to show up and just do it because no one will call to ask for help. The teachers are all amazing, my children have yet to have one that wasn't.

I am a parent who takes my child to Hoover. We don't live in the Hoover district, however because of other parents in my daughters dance class recomending Hoover - we made the switch. The Teachers I have interacted with really care about the kids - My daughters teacher - asks about my child daily and always knows what is going on with her. For a teacher with 21 kids in the class - that an investment. The Principal knows me by name, and my daughter too - she asks about us and seems to really care how we are - and not just when we walk into the front door. I am really shocked that another parent would feel the principal isn't doing the principals job... Maybe she just doesn't know what a principal is hired to do.

Last modified Hoover Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.