Enid, OK
Before care: Yes
After care: No

Posted September 27, 2014
We moved our children to EPS from a smaller district and were worried at first until thy began attending Hoover. This school is amazing, first the teachers genuinely care and use many different approaches to teaching the material that gets my children enthusiastic and excited about learning. We left early for a doctors appointment one day and they were upset because we were "out of school". If we would have known how terrific this school was we would have made the move years ago!!

Hoover Elementary School 1

Posted July 28, 2014
My daughter had many health issues during the 2013-2014 school year. I sent doctor's note after doctor's note to school with her. I was insulted and harrassed in spite of the communication on my part. Sure it is a great school but the administration is NOT in the business of helping parents or families. The only concern is for their precious ratings and Blue Ribbon status. The result is that my daughter and my nephew have been moved to a school where parents and students are respected AND where everyone is on the same side.

Posted October 08, 2013
I actually took a job at the school so that I could get a transfer for my child. It's an amazing school with dedicated staff and administration. The principal would do anything to get the best for the students. Definitely the best elementary school in Enid - their test scores alone show that they have it down. The only downside I've seen is a lack of parent involvement, but that is improving. The PTO is working hard to get more parents involved.

Hoover Elementary School 4

Posted September 28, 2013
We are relatively new to this school, but they have met and exceeded my expectations. I have been impressed with the staff not only professionally, but on a personal level too! They work hard at building relationships with their students and families. I truly appreciate this as a parent. Our child's teacher provides an optimal learning environment for our son who has a learning disability. It is wonderful to see him flourish due to her ability to be keenly aware of each child's possiblities. Hoover also has a wonderful special ed. staff that is motiviated to see each child succeed. The only thing I could possibly say at this point that I would like to see improved would be; the amount of "outdoor time" increased to help students release their energy and have more "fresh air" time. I know the teachers work hard at meeting classroom state and federal requirements. Their day is already packed with trying to fit everything in due to all of the regulations. Would it be possible to take some of the lessons "outside"? Since this, so far, is my biggest concern...I think it is safe to say I am a happy parent at Hoover Elementary!

Posted March 01, 2012
I love Hoover ! I have a daughter in the 3rd grade this year and my other 2 boys went to Hoover as well. I love the support staff, principal and teachers. They really care about the kids and it shows! Due to the re-drawing of school districts, our new district will be Glenwood... I can tell you I will fight to have my daughter go to Hoover rather than Glenwood. Go Hornets !!

Posted December 20, 2011
I love Hoover. We don't live in the district however my child has a disability and we choose Hoover. My children have been attending for 4 years and I have never had a bad thing to say about the teachers there, principal and the staff. I love how concerned the teachers are and they are better then most schools in this city. My step son went to another school and it seemed like his teacher didn't care about his progress and never offered to help, even when I became a full time mother with him. He has struggled with some things this year but his teacher always answers my emails and I am always able to reach her for ideas and assistance. My other children (I have 3 in school and 1 that will attend in about 2 years) love the school also. Everyone cares about the children and is very friendly and kind. I believe Hoover is one of the best in Enid!! And the principal is very envolved with the students and does everything to keep them interested in school! She has Hoover fun days and other activities like that. My children hate to miss school and it is largely thanks to their principal!

Hoover Elementary School 2

Posted July 12, 2011
I agree, hoover needs a new principal. She seems like she is ready to retire and she is very tired of her job. The kids are missing out on many opportunities that they would have if they had a principal that wasn't burned out. I've been feeling this way for a few years and it seems to get worse every year. I just hope she retires before my kids are all gone. . Parent involvement is low, I feel, because even if you sign up for every single thing and call to see what needs to be done, you still have to show up and just do it because no one will call to ask for help. The teachers are all amazing, my children have yet to have one that wasn't.

Posted February 18, 2010
I am a parent who takes my child to Hoover. We don't live in the Hoover district, however because of other parents in my daughters dance class recomending Hoover - we made the switch. The Teachers I have interacted with really care about the kids - My daughters teacher - asks about my child daily and always knows what is going on with her. For a teacher with 21 kids in the class - that an investment. The Principal knows me by name, and my daughter too - she asks about us and seems to really care how we are - and not just when we walk into the front door. I am really shocked that another parent would feel the principal isn't doing the principals job... Maybe she just doesn't know what a principal is hired to do.

Posted June 02, 2009
The principal and teachers, and the school are great. It is a very child caring environmemt. They put the child first and handle bullies at school. All the staff is caring. When my child first came to this school children ran up to her at Hoover's morning assembly and took her by the hand to show her the way. There morning assemblies are great and parents are welcome. Its a wow school compared to others we have been in.

Hoover Elementary School 2

Posted April 29, 2008
Where is our leadership??? If a teacher does a parent wrong it is the Principles responsibility to help the situation and bring peace top the parent. Same thing with a parent doing the teacher wrong! Principles are to be mutual with parents and teachers! If Not then where are we to turn as concerned parents? This school needs new principle or she needs to start doing her job. I have had to do some of her jobs this yr, not because she asked me, but because I got tired of her not doing it, so I jumped in there and made some phone calls and took care of the situations. I am not happy with this schools principle!

Hoover Elementary School
2800 West Maine Street, Enid, OK  73703
Last modified Hoover Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hoover Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top