Fort Gibson, OK

Posted August 22, 2013
I had attended Fort Gibson Public Schools all of my life until I had to move to a different state. My new school does not compare to Fort Gibson Schools. Not only does Fort Gibson have an absolutely incredible curriculum, but it also has amazing teachers and staff that are always willing to dedicate their time to the students and keeping them engaged in their learning. I also liked the fact that Fort Gibson supports all extracurricular activities and does not soley focus on athletics. It is a very well rounded district that strives to help students find the activities that they truly enjoy doing. Fort Gibson has also recently taken a huge leap into the modern world of technology and teaches their students with the most modern learning tools out there. Most I all, I loved the way it made me feel to go to this AMAZING school, to know that I was getting the absolute best education, and that I could do anything that I strived to do....that's the feeling of being a Fort Gibson Tiger! There truly aren't enough great things I can say about this district. You know what they say, "You don't know what you have until you've lost it."

Posted September 22, 2010
I have gone to Fort Gibson Public Schools my entire life as a student. I have many friends from many different schools who all agree that Fort Gibson is superior above the rest. We take our performances in the classroom,on the court,or in the pool with the upmost respect. Nothing comes between us and our goals. In high school I never had to repeat any classes; never had any "blank" schedules. Everyone has the opportunity to succeed, it's their choice on if they choose to accept the challenge of keeping our legacy.

Fort Gibson High School 4

Posted August 30, 2010
Fort Gibson High School has proven to be an outstanding school where teachers, parents and students work together. I am not clear about the comment that there are insufficient choices for students to fill out their schedule for four years. I do know that the offer the humanities and sciences in sufficient quantity as to challenge most students. In particular, their humanities program under Mrs. Johnson has proven superior. In the Advanced Placement program, over 70% ot the language arts students who took both pre AP and AP in Fort Gibson have passed the AP proficiency test in the last several years. That is an exceptional record when you consider that many school districts pick and choose who will take the test. Fort Gibson requires that all students who are in AP classes take the test.

Posted March 17, 2010
As a child I moved around a lot and finally landed in Fort Gibson's High school my Junior year. I graduated and soon afterwards moved on. The teachers, staff, and the students I came in contact with allow me to see many opportunities I had available to me. That was 21 years ago! I have now moved back to this small town and work there as one of their administrative assistant. Again, the teachers, staff, and the students are amazing! Excuse me for sounding a little over the top but, I do love my job because of them! My daughter has attended here for the last 4 years and her performance with this school is outstanding. Being a single mom, I find this small town safe and secure with ample opportunities for my daughter and recommend it to anyone moving this way.

Fort Gibson High School 1

Posted August 15, 2009
They don't have enough classes. If you go here from freshman year, it is very likely that you will have to retake classes your senior year so you don't have blanks in your schedule which count as 'F's on your transcript.

Posted December 02, 2007
wonderfull atmosphere great staff I reconmend to all

Posted June 12, 2004
I think this school is an awesome place for kids to interact and get involved in just about any activity. This is a great school where each and every student is important. I wish every child had the oppertunity to be enrolled in a great school like mine!

Fort Gibson High School
500 South Ross Street, Fort Gibson, OK  74434
Last modified Fort Gibson High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fort Gibson High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top