Bad
Good

Both of my boys have had wonderful experiences at Fort Gibson. One had to have extensive help with speech for several years. He has since graduated from their speech program and is doing wonderful. Recently, my oldest had some difficulty with a bully. The middle school staff, specifically Mr Pemberton, took this very seriously and I'm happy to hear my son report that there has been no more bullying. All too often we hear about schools ignoring this sort of thing but I'm glad I've got my boys in a school that cares.

It is sad the way this school ignores children that have learning disiblitie. They push them through classes without helping them @ all. And the teachers do not know when kids have health issues-i guess safety isnt important to them. My son was in swimming class more than half the year before i realized the teachers didnt even know he had seizures. The teachers dont bother to look @ the children's files obviously. My child has not learned much @ this school for the fact they refuse to help him on his level & continue to push him through classes he doesnt understand. And they think i shouldnt be upset lol This is the worse school ive ever seen & i am transfering my child asap.

Great school with high expectations and caring teachers.

I had two sons attend Fort Gibson from kindergarden to the 6th and 8th grades, respectively. Both my sons had undiagnosed learning disabilities that the teachers, counselors and administration overlooked. I was extremely disappointed that they simply passed my children on to the next grade without acknowledging that something could be wrong. I pulled my children out of the school and moved them to the Tulsa Public School System. What a difference! I never realized what an easy curriculum FGPS had. How is that going to prepare any child for the real world and/or post high school education? If you want an easy curriculum where your child will be passed regardless of actual knowledge, then this might be the school for you. But if you want your child to achieve REAL excellence, don't go here.

Last modified Fort Gibson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.