Guthrie High School 5

Posted September 01, 2013
My two daughters are now at the High School. One is a Senior and her experience has been so positive. She has started concurrent classes at UCO and is more than prepared for college level work. My freshman daughter settled right in and loves her teachers and classes.

Guthrie High School 5

Posted August 12, 2013
I am the parent of 2 high school students that have attended the Guthrie Public School district since kindergarten. I am so grateful that we have been blessed to have them in Guthrie for their entire lives. I love that so many of the teachers and staff are from this community and really make it a great place for my kids to go everyday. My kids have a great educational foundation and I feel that with the direction they have received at school and home have prepared them for anything. My senior student takes advanced course work and is currently enrolling in concurrent college courses.

Posted May 08, 2013
the teachers are coaches and one of them is choir and we've been watching movies in their for 2 months know the class i wanted was weightlifting and i end up in a general p.e. class the school needs updated text books and the ability to bring another amount home other than 1 iss,lunch detention and even saturday school is a joke staff is nice to you at first and then they get all mean over time you have to use these bus passes which count for grades from pre-k to 12th grade which is sad know to even board the bus or else they'll kick you off like you got 3 write-ups or something and trust me ive been going to this dump for 11 years i would not recommend bringing any kids what so ever here Guthrie if they were a business they would have failed so my point is this schools nothing but a joke and that's coming from a student

Guthrie High School 4

Posted August 16, 2012
My children have attended Guthrie public schools for 10 years. I've found the teachers to be exceptional. While my children are good students, they each have their challenges, and the teachers have always been responsive and offered creative solutions to keep them engaged. Yes, it is a small town and you have small town politics. The world revolves around football, which can be annoying at times. However, for me and my children, this has not taken away from the educational experience. The honor choir is a source of pride for me and my daughter, and quite clearly for the city of Guthrie and outstanding instructors. In addition, coming from a small city (Newcastle), I am pleased that Guthrie actually offers many more electives than one would think for a smaller community. My children are learning subjects in earlier school years than I did, and I am pleased they offer as many AP courses as they do. Do they offer everything larger, more well-funded schools offer? Of course not. They do offer a proper education with a small-town feel and familiarity.

Posted December 04, 2009

Posted October 15, 2009

Guthrie High School 0

Posted October 13, 2009
I have a child in Guthrie school district. I love Guthrie! However, when it comes to the schools they are just 'ok'. I have found it hard to get help from teachers. My child makes decent grades but struggles in one particular subject and year after year I can not seem to get help from her teachers. There are a couple of the teacher/coaches at the junior high who blatently show favortism among the children. I have seem it with my own eyes and ears. They are grown up who need to 'grow up'. They are supposed to be fair and just. Some of these kids made the team fairly but are treated like outsiders not only by some of their peers but the coaches too.....I don't get it! What is going on here? Guthrie Schools need some help!!!

Guthrie High School 0

Posted October 08, 2009
This school is my life. I have lived in Guthrie since I was born and it hits close to home with me. Some people say its the worse but honestly, its okay, not the best but good. Yeah some of the teachers dont always see eye-to-eye with the students, but at least they make an attempt to put up with them everyday. They dont get paid enough to do it, but they do it anyways. So to the haters out there, go back to the school and see that things have changed. =)

Posted August 31, 2008
As a recent graduate and now a student at OU I've realized how far I have fallen behind peers that went to other schools. There are only a few AP ( advanced placement) classes at Guthrie and the teachers who do teach English and Science AP are not fully qualified to do so. Don't send your kid here if you want them to go to a good college.

Guthrie High School 4

Posted January 23, 2008
I would have to disagree with most of these reviews. I am a former student of GHS and I believe the teachers and classes they offer are amazing. I was an average student most of the time and I'm going to college over here in England. That should tell you GHS is above average in all that they do. Personally, I think it's the parents fault if their child isn't getting the right education. Teachers aren't the only ones who can teach, the parents need to know what their children are studying and help them as well. That is only my opinion.

Guthrie High School
200 North Crooks Drive, Guthrie, OK  73044
Last modified Guthrie High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Guthrie High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top