Posted March 24, 2014
Our last child of four is graduating from Jenks High School this year. Jenks Public Schools is not perfect, but is the best quality public school in the State of Oklahoma without a doubt. In most cases it prepares its students better for college than the privates. Jenks Public Schools was the right choice for our family because it pushes its students to be successful in all areas academically, athletically and in the arts.

Jenks High School 2

Posted December 09, 2013
I am a parent and I am not too happy with the Jenks West school district. Employees are very arrogant, they feel very entitled, take a lot of time off. I think they have good results but they do not take into account that their pupils may also be different than other districts.

Jenks High School 4

Posted December 08, 2013
I'm going to break down the ratings of how I think this school is. I post this as a recent graduate from here; Pre-AP/AP Classes: 5/5 Out of all the schools in Oklahoma, I would say JHS possesses one of the best AP Programs in the state. If you or your child attends this school, invest in taking some AP courses. If not, in my opinion, you're really wasting your time here. The program helps assimilate you into college, if just by a little bit. Normal Classes: 2.5-3/5 Regular classes here are a mixed bag. Depending on the teacher, you can either have a great year, or a horrible one. I would say a large part of it depends on student participation, and students not in the AP program tend to be very apathetic... Social Life: 3-4/5 Jenks is very clique-y, but what high school isn't? It took me a while to find my place here, but when I did, I enjoyed my time at school. Administration: 3.5/5 Depending on the individual, you'll either have a very nice person helping you, or the most irritated one ever. Most of the administrative staff is nice, so long as you're smart enough not break the rules every week. If you're a one or two time offender a year, you'll usually get off easy.

Posted December 07, 2013
I have gone to Jenks all the way through Pre-K. Jenks has many incredible academic opportunities. By taking a test in 5th grade and passing, students can be taking Calculus their Sophomore year. Jenks does spend a lot of money on football, but football makes a lot of money for the school from ticket sales. Jenks has always been an incredible school

Jenks High School 4

Posted September 16, 2013
bite me and i bite you back. punch me and i punch you back. kick me and i run away. Thats what i learned at jenks.

Jenks High School 1

Posted August 21, 2013
Switching Too Jenks Was The WORST Desicion Ive Ever Made. Union Is Wayy Better! I just Switch To Jenks Last Year 2012 Second Semester From Union PS. Let Me tell you !! At Jenks the woman in the office's Are Soooo Rudee ! Too Me and My Momm. Ive never though About writing a review untill Today. Today I got treated Like I Was nobody! I Went To the Office in Building 5 To Ask for a Change schedule Form But Before I Could even Ask The Lady Look me dead in my fast With A Mean look and said " GO.. To class" I was Almost in tears ! And the Reason I want a schedule change is because They gave me the same exact teachers I switch from last year. There so busy worrying about the Sports that they just dont care ! Even the lady at the enrollment center is very rude ! When you're there Enrolling she will treat you as if your ghost that she cant see even though sees you or seen you coming! And there soooooooooooo strict ! After the incident that happened today My Mom has agreeed that I need to go back To My Old School ASAP ! Were working on moving. I honestly thought that Jenks would be good. thought I would love it and learn alot but....I was wrong.

Posted August 01, 2013
It's a great school. We also like swimming team and the band. It's great all around.

Jenks High School 1

Posted May 13, 2013
Jenks School system has changed for the worse over the years. Had one daughter graduate in 2005 and the school and teachers were easy to get along with and would help meet your needs. Like transferring out of class to another teacher due to teaching habits/skills. My second daughter was to be put in afterschool math in 5th grade year. She made mention noone could help her with the math made inquiry about it, with no result end of that school year, was visiting with another frustrated parent, teacher over hears conversation and says, my daughter was supposed to be in her class but some how was posted to just afterhour study hall, and now in 9th grade tried to transfer her out of a poor teaching english class teacher bounces around to differnent concepts, writes over top of other words, so now you can't make them out. etc... Three meetings never able to transfer , lost okpromise tuition, due to grades and all this daughter did was study and do homework no extra activities or going out because I stressed she could not do anything if she was below 2.5 grade average. But she scores above average on state tests in english and is failing in her english, go to .BIXBY,GLENPOOL,SKIATOOK

Posted August 21, 2012
One, if not number one, of the best public schools in the US - hands down!

Posted August 20, 2012
Some of the negative reviews floor me. I was a Jenks lifer, but I did not come from money, never played a sport, and never had an issue with drugs or alcohol. The school does not dictate your social "role", nor does it care more about athletics than academics. Just look at the standardized test scores and you'll realize that the few and far between, on this site, do not represent the whole when it comes to the teachers, students, or staff. Now that my wife and I are moving back to Tulsa, we are looking at buying a house in the Jenks district as our first criteria. If you or your kids do not thrive with amazing teachers, mentors, and extra-curricular anything then feel free to transfer. I would love for my kids to take their place.

Jenks High School
205 East B Street, Jenks, OK  74037
Last modified Jenks High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jenks High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 57 reviews. Top