Posted September 15, 2013
I've been very happy with jenks west elementary!!!! The teacher my child has this year has made me hopeful and excited to participate and watch my sons progress!!! From daily emails from teacher and personal emails with details of my child's behavior and daily progress,has helped me guide him in the right direction!!! Thanks jenk west!!!

Posted August 16, 2011
My child is enrolled in pre-k this year, but I have a nephew that has gone to Jenks West for the last three years prior to going to intermediate.. The teachers have been wonderful, sending e-mails to my brother-in-law and sister about his progress in classes and letting them know when he's a little out of hand. My nephew has ADHD and it's really hard for him to focus. With all of the communication, however, it's been a lot easier for my sister and BIL to manage his behavior and help him with focusing on whatever homework he may have/need to complete. It's one of the main reasons I want my child in this district besides the great academic rating! Thanks, Jenks West!

Jenks West Elementary School 3

Posted August 13, 2011
I loved my child's teacher, which is the saving grace for the 3 stars, instead of 2 stars. The main principal of West Elementary is never around... ever. She is incredibly poor at acting interested in families and our children - she appears to be a manager (of staff AND parents) rather than a caring, invested administrator. There is no community feel to this school at all. There are way too many students per classroom, as well... 30+ is standard now. Unfortunately, we will be moving out of the district all together because it just isn't a pleasant environment. I realize that this can be taken with a grain of salt because it is a negative review, but honestly, ask around. This is a common feeling among Jenks West elementary families.

Posted August 13, 2011
My children have been at West Elementary since pre-k and my oldest will be in 3rd this year. I have never ever experienced any of the troubles listed previously The teachers are very caring and really encourage and appreciate parental involvement. Jenks West Elementary is a wonderful school.

Jenks West Elementary School 2

Posted July 30, 2010
Good for Oklahoma but Oklahoma schools are the worst in the nation. The staff are a bit full of themselves for being the best of the worst. A bit clanish if you are not from the area or, worse yet, a minority.

Posted May 25, 2010
I have three children attending Jenks West Elementary and the school is wonderful. The teachers are very caring about their students and do not hesitate to contact the parents if there is an issue. The children have an "adjenda" they bring home nightly to log their reading and homework assignments and return with a parents signature. The school security is very safe and everyone is encouraged to join PTA and attend various parenting seminars throughout the year. As a homeroom mom of a second grader this year I was a little disappointed more parents did not volunteer to assist with some classroom parties during the year but understand the economy may have something to do with it. We had approx five moms and dads that consistently helped out so we were successful.

Posted October 03, 2009
The teachers are fantastic and are doing a great job exciting my kindergartener about reading and math.

Jenks West Elementary School 0

Posted July 28, 2009
Jenk West has been a part of our lives since my son was in pre-k to 2nd. We are going to miss everyone at JW! Our family is moving out of state, but plan to be back next year. The school has great Academics & Extracurricular activities. Teachers, volunteers & counslers are always there to help the student. Safety is a plus for me and Jenks Schools is excellent for that! Parking is a problem but I'm sure JW will solve that issue soon. I give JWE a 10+ rating, you won't be dissappointed.

Posted June 03, 2009

Posted April 02, 2009
As the parent of a 2nd grader and a 7th grader (West Elem alum), I have nothing but high opinions of JWE. The other two elementaries in the Jenks Distrist (Southeast JSE or East JEE) also grade well, I just don't have personal experience with them. JWE is growing. They have added on a new K bldg this fall and no more than two grades are in a building. The campus is huge and can be daunting, but rest assured there are tons of volunteers who are at the school each day to help bus riders, car riders and after care students alike. Security is tantamount. Each building has a check-in kiosk that you must provide a valid DL check for. Each volunteer must be wearing a check in badge, including photo, that was printed by the kiosk-therwise nobody gets past. We love West - West is Best!

Jenks West Elementary School
205 East B Street, Jenks, OK  74037
Last modified Jenks West Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jenks West Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top