Jenks, OK

Southeast Elementary School 1

Posted February 11, 2014
JSE has a big problem with bullying. They pay only lip-service to the problem. My child comes home crying frequently and the school BLAMES THE VICTIM!! Presumably they don't want the paperwork staining their precious reputation. The bullies get off scot-free and the victims get psychological trauma. This is totally unacceptable! Do not let your children attend this school!

Posted May 30, 2012
This is an excellent school. Teachers are dedicated and work very hard. Unbelievable parental involvement - there is a 'lottery' type system to be a homeroom parent because of the parents' desire to be involved. Dr. Livingston is retiring this year, which is a shame. She is amazing - very high expectations of the students. Enrichment opportunities are excellent and each class has a community service project. This school develops wonderful future leaders. The school is a very homogenous school with little diversity. As mentioned in previous reviews - very much like a private school. This is in part due to the school boundary line. The homes in this area are very expensive by Oklahoma standards. I have had 3 students attend this school. All 3 had unique talents and need. All 3 had a stellar experience. Excellent elementary school!

Posted April 19, 2011
We came from a private school to Jenks SE this year and we have been extremely happy with our decision. Our daughter's teacher has been a joy to our entire family and the education she is receiving is superior to what we were paying for at Metro Christian Academy.

Posted April 10, 2011
We are thrilled with the Chinese immersion program. The qualitiy of the teaching and the support from the administration is fantastic.

Posted October 17, 2010
I *LOVE* Jenks Southeast. My children get a private school education in a public school setting. I think the major reason is that Dr. Livingston is an amazing principal who really puts kids first. Besides having superb teachers the parent volunteers are what keep this school top notch!

Posted May 04, 2010
The best support from parents, teachers and admin! The kids are the focus!

Southeast Elementary School 3

Posted July 26, 2009
Loved this school when my first child went to it in 1997 great teachers and great administration. The unfortunate part is that all those people are gone and we are left with okay teachers and a horrible and rude administration. The parents make these students great if not wonderful students it has nothing to do with the staff.

Posted May 27, 2009
I love our school. We get private school education in a public school setting. The kids get a weekly library visit, along with library visits using a pass. The teachers are all great. The principal is a constant presence - getting hugs by most of the kids constantly. my kids are so happy and I am too.

Posted November 22, 2008
Excellent school for learning. Teachers are wonderful. Mrs. Hicks (Kindergarten) helped my children become independent learners. She had a loving, exciting, and great spirt for both my boys. Teachers = A+ Administration = C

Posted October 16, 2008
I have a son that attended JSE during his fourth grade year and one that has attended since 2nd and is currently in 4th. BTW, Mrs. Risenhoover is awesome! Both my boys have had her and I couldn't be happier. My oldest has spec. needs and she was always there to assist him in any way. This school is absolutely fantastic! If I had one negative thing to say, it is about a majority of the parents....very into what you have, how much money you have, etc. I've learned to ignore that and focus on the education aspects of the school and couldn't be happier. Yes, it's called the public school with a private school education.

205 East B Street, Jenks, OK  74037
Last modified Southeast Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southeast Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top