Jones, OK

Posted December 10, 2013
Jones is a great town. Jones school district is wonderful. The staff is all about the students and their safety. I love the principal for the elementary. Cindy Harrison has been there for many years, she knows the name of every student that walks through the door, and the kids love her! Teachers are awesome. I have no complaints. Go Longhorns!!!!!!

Jones Elementary School 2

Posted December 09, 2013
It seems like the older the kids get, the less the teachers teach. They are only worried about shuffling kids through regardless of how well they understand the material.

Posted January 14, 2013
This school is at the top of my list. It is a smaller school so they are able to get one on one and the teachers are very involved with the children on a independent level. The homework is just right and the topics focused on are right for the type of age group presented to. This is America and so the main language that should be focused on is English, very few Americans even know how to speak this right much less a second language. If a person is concerned with learning a second language then they should take it upon their selves to find the education out side of the school or wait until a higher education like middle school, high school (where it is offered), or college. As far as the helpfulness the old rule applies treat others how you want to be treated. They have always been more then helpful with me. I find that you usually are granted with helpfulness from people when you yourself are helpful. This remains true for any where you go school or other wise.

Jones Elementary School 1

Posted January 18, 2012
Let me start off by saying, I now know why its rating is 4 out of 10. I give it less. Staff is not helpful at all. Teaching methods are below standard and awkward. No foreign language class. My child has been studying Spanish since Kindergarten. That stopped here. The only Spanish I have seen is a word or two in reading assignments. Science and History assignments are very weak also. Math and Reading seems to be the only subjects they are concerned about. I guess this makes sense, since they are below OCCT standards. My child will not be returning here next year. If you are considering sending your child here, think long and hard.

Posted August 29, 2011
children have enough preassure and work at school. I feel that the amount of home work sent is just fine. two hours of additional homework is too much. spend some quality time with your child by reading for fun, or having family game night. lots of learning is still going on during these activities. don't stress your children out...

Jones Elementary School 3

Posted November 22, 2010
Very little home work! Kids are not pushed very hard. I keep asking for more home work, but we don't get it. The kid's home work takes them about 30 minutes to do each night. Luckily my wife and I have our kids work an extra 2 hours a night on school type subjects. In today's world, babying the kids in terms of lack of home work is not doing them or any one else any favors.

Jones Elementary School 4

Posted November 01, 2010
Wonderful staff of educators. Very envolved with students.

Jones Elementary School 0

Posted March 03, 2009
So far, we have found the 3rd & 4th grade teachers to absolutely WONDERFUL ! ! ! The Assistant Principal does a MAGNIFICENT job. He actually does the job of the Principal but does not get the pay nor the recognition. My overall experience with the Principal is that she's just there for the paycheck. She doesn't appear to be involved with the kids much. She shows considerable favoritism toward teachers. Not what I would call a Professional. But with all that said, we really love the town, the people, the school spirit & the parent involvement. Oh, yeah, the Middle School Principal is the best I've ever met in my life. She knows each student, the student's parents, the student's assets & their liabilities & knows how to use those to her advantage to make positive behavioral & / or academic changes. SHE'S GREAT !

Posted August 09, 2008
Wonderful school very close and cares for each other. Wonderful teacher's!

Jones Elementary School 1

Posted March 06, 2008

Jones Elementary School
13145 Montana Avenue, Jones, OK  73049
Last modified Jones Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jones Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top