Bad
Good
1 OVERALL RATING

My child has attended Konawa PreK thru 3rd grade. Attendance is important and the PreK teachers have activities that emphasize participation. I didn't know what to expect when we began PreK but it was full day with routine and structure. Far different from many programs that treat PreK and K like daycare. XO to you ladies who gave my child a great start!

I went to school in konawa and my 2 daughters now attend there they are in 5th and 7th grade even though this is our 1st year for them to attend they love it and i love the fact the teachers are so aware of each child and their ways.... Im so proud of our Tiny Tiger Cheerleaders we have workes so hard and they are a great addition to our school, go girls keep going strong year after year

I have put 4 kids through this elementary school since 1994. I have been most impressed the past 4 yrs with the wonderful music teacher who has a passion for American Sign Language and introducing it to the children in music. I wish she had been there when my deaf dtr was mainstreamed there for 3 yrs.

We had moved here from different states including Texas and Maryland. I am extremely disappointed with the 4th and 5th grade program of forcing students to change 7 classes (core classes) in a day and being solely responsible for having the right book at the right class at the right time and keeping their things straight in a locker as is expected at junior and senior high. There is research that shows children at this age are not cognitely developed enough to handle this kind of responsibility. my son now in the 6th grade a gifted and talented tested child did poor in school and hated school when moving here in the 4th grade from a diligent organized A student. He made C's and D's even a F and then scored high on the testing. no my daughter, who is SPED is struggling and stays in detention and hates school now.

Last modified Konawa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.