Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Disagree

They try but I think the teachers have way too much on their plates to even notice.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

They don't care a BIT about your child's learning difficulties. We kept trying to get our son checked for dyslexia. They couldn't test him and sent us on a goose chase trying to get him tested. They don't have a transition class so he had to repeat 1st grade again. Had he had reading help when we first asked, and actually had him getting it, he could have avoided a lot of embarrassment, stress and feelings of failure. The school does not provide much help at all for learning disabilities. Run away from this school!

Develops character: Disagree

I didn't see much of that. If you walked down the hall, you would constantly hear teachers screaming at their kids.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Some of our teachers were aweful. Mainly because they had WAY too many kids in their class and couldn't control them. I felt so bad for them. Other teachers we had truly did care about our kids and taught as well as they could, but there were no breaks for the kids or teachers and there were just way, way too many kids at all different levels.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

So much is busy work that the teacher didn't even teach. When I asked the teacher about how much of it was actually graded, she replied that very little actually was taken as a grade. I understand that kids need review, but pages of it on top of everything else, did not help. Our child just wouldn't do it any more and it became a fight to get him to do it.

I have three kids that love this school so much. An I as a parent could not be happier for my kids.

I have two boys that attend, or have attended Bishop. My oldest just graduated 6th grade from here and my middle son will be in second grade this year. We LOVE this school. Awesome teachers and staff, very clean, and they value education! Our youngest will definitely be attending Pre-K here for the 2016-17 school year. Highly, highly recommend Bishop to everyone!

Best school out of the past 3 states and duty stations. I couldn't begin to say enough positive things about Bishop and its amazing staff so I will just thank them. Thank you Bishop!!! The Dens/Jannise family

Love this school! My grandchildren go to Bishop. They have a great staff, teachers, and administration who do their best each day to provide a quality education for each student. Bishop is great in the technology department but of course can always use additional funds to help update with all the changing technology today! I am so grateful for this school!

My son went to this school (preK) . One day I got phone call because his classmate hit my son. And he can not back to class room. Why? He didn't do anything. I don't understand. And next year, we registrar for kindergarten. But, they said We are full so we can't accept. I think they choose students. If got trouble , can't go again. I'm so sad. My son got many friends and he really likes this school.

Last modified Bishop Public School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.