Posted July 29, 2014
Best school out of the past 3 states and duty stations. I couldn't begin to say enough positive things about Bishop and its amazing staff so I will just thank them. Thank you Bishop!!! The Dens/Jannise family

Posted September 10, 2013
Love this school! My grandchildren go to Bishop. They have a great staff, teachers, and administration who do their best each day to provide a quality education for each student. Bishop is great in the technology department but of course can always use additional funds to help update with all the changing technology today! I am so grateful for this school!

Bishop Public School 2

Posted August 22, 2013
My son went to this school (preK) . One day I got phone call because his classmate hit my son. And he can not back to class room. Why? He didn't do anything. I don't understand. And next year, we registrar for kindergarten. But, they said We are full so we can't accept. I think they choose students. If got trouble , can't go again. I'm so sad. My son got many friends and he really likes this school.

Bishop Public School 4

Posted August 08, 2013
Whoever says the principal doesn't care must have a child that got in trouble and doesn't want their child to have to accept responsibility. This is the best any of my kids have ever gone to. The principal is completely involved and loves the kids. There is a long waiting list for outside areas to get in this school. The curriculum is above and beyond lps and most teachers at the junior high love having the bishop children because they are above not below standard. So I ask you to look at yourself and the expectations you set for your own child before putting the blame elsewhere. This is an exceptional school. I only wished it went through high school. For wanting nothing more than money this school spends more money on the students and technology for the students and teachers than even more high schools have. I consider it an honor that my kids got to go here.

Bishop Public School 1

Posted February 22, 2012
My grandchildren go to this school. Everyone that works there has their children going to school there. They are prejudiced. The principal does not care, the only thing he cares about is the money the school gets if they have a lot of students. The students there are known for bullying and the school does nothing about it. The teachers and prinicpal are biased how they treat girls different from boys even if the girl does the name calling and hits the boy. I do agree the curriculum is much better than Lawton Public Schools, but I still would not send my children to Bishop.

Posted July 29, 2011
Bishop School takes great pride in its students. Yes we do use everyday mathematics which if the parent would do any research would know that it is a top of the line mathematical program. Our students are taught Science and Social Studies. If you have a problem with our curriculm mabe you should look at the state curriculm and start there!

Posted June 10, 2011
THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST SCHOOL MY TWO SONS HAVE EVER ATTENDED. THE TEACHERS ARE HAPPY TO BE THERE AND TRY TO GET THE BEST OUT OF EACH INDIVIDUAL. THE PRINCIPAL, MR. HAMPTON, IS ONE OF THE MOST CARING PEOPLE IN THAT SCHOOL HIMSELF. MY KIDS HAVE LOVED IT THERE AND WILL ALWAYS TREASURE THEIR TIME AT BISHOP. WE WILL MISS THEM BECAUSE THEY WERE OUR FAMILY.

Bishop Public School 1

Posted May 22, 2011
Be aware. This school is based on who you know. Most everyone is related to everyone. If you have a problem the principle could care less. He is only there for a paycheck he could care less about the kids. They challenge in the kids however only in reading and math so when they get to middle school they are behind in history and science. Classes are overbooked because they allow anyone from outside the district and in turn our kids suffer. Its all about the money he can collect from the state. Awards forget it, unless you are a teacher there your kids don't qualify for anything, but if you are a teacher your child will get everything under the sun. Goes back to who you know. Very poor school.

Bishop Public School 2

Posted September 24, 2010
Do not be fooled by appearances. The reason this school has great test scores is because all they do is teach the kids how to test for OCCT. The principal is obsessed with state testing ( hmm I wonder why?) They teach very little science. And the little bit of math they do outside of state testing preparation, is Everyday Mathematics. These kids are taught to answer multiple choice questions, not to think critically. The quality of education is mediocre at best. There is a disconnect regarding communication between the office staff, faculty, and parents. No one knows what's going on and there is almost no communication with parents. This school is great for a parent that isn't too picky about their child's education. It's the best public school that Lawton has to offer- which, isn't saying much. If you seek accountability, you'll have to pay for it in this town.

Posted July 28, 2010
My boys have gone to Bishop since Pre-K and will be entering 1st grade this year. The support system from this school is amazing! Teachers and office staff are wonderful and know you by name!

Bishop Public School
2204 Southwest Bishop Road, Lawton, OK  73505
Last modified Bishop Public School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bishop Public School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top